Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 447 of 516 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    I agree. If the Raiders could get into the low 20s in points allowed and YPG, 27 points per game nets a 10-11 win season.

We had a top 10 offense and a bottom 5 defense. That will not work.
    Scary part is that the offense has been moving the chains pretty well and limiting possessions. We have a bottom 5 D in spite of that defense getting more help than the other bad defenses in the NFL.

Factor that in and we have the worst defense BY FAR. A lesser offense would probably result in even more ppg given up.

Gruden needs a boss, a really tough one. Hands on enough to steer player aquisition and developement, hands off enough to let the coaches coach...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

I agree with one of the earlier posts about the distribution of cap and picks. Our offense- and Carr- have been good because of the amount of assets used on offense. We have a great OL that also has depth. Put a great mobile QB behind that oline and Iíd guess that our offense would be more productive.

A great mobile QB though helps a team cut some corners on OL. And that allows more assets to be used on defense. The problem here is that our coaching/management favors the offense. Seems like they had better success with those player acquisitions.

Though being honest, Iím starting to wonder if weíre lacking talent- or lacking coaching. I thought for sure some of our defensive additions would help us become respectable on that side of the ball. I also had high hopes for ruggs and Edwards. Itís been very disappointing. Even Jacobs hasnít met expectations.

Other than the oline agholor and Waller... few players have met expectations. So while Iíd like to upgrade at QB ( from good to elite)... I think coaching might be a bigger need for an upgrade.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 12-28-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Gruden needs a boss, a really tough one. Hands on enough to steer player aquisition and developement, hands off enough to let the coaches coach...
    Not sure if he's making all of the decisions. I guess Mark brought him in since Mark recognized that running this team was a monster effort. I will reserve final judgement when they address or don't address the D issue. I would say we have reached a very serious moment in this team's history as to whether they really want to win by making good moves.

Been a bit and thought more on it

Carr is our dude
    Even with his flaws, all QBs have them, this dude is the reason we even competed at all this year.

The team was booty
    Absolute booty

But his play made us near 500

Dude can ball out and Iím all in on Carr

As stated all last offseason and during the McGloin debate - this defense is the worst and we should all lose our minds about how bad it is.

The way things are going with this organization I wouldn't be surprised if Carr is traded, we grab Hanskins off waivers and go with Mariota or sign Newton in the off season.

I'm absolutely positive Jon can resurrect their careers! Superbowl Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    The way things are going with this organization I wouldn't be surprised if Carr is traded, we grab Hanskins off waivers and go with Mariota or sign Newton in the off season.

I'm absolutely positive Jon can resurrect their careers! Superbowl Baby!
    Nah, I donít think so. I think Carr is 100% locked in as the Raiders starting QB.

I suspect Trent Brown is gone after the year, so the Raiders will need a RT. Otherwise, all efforts should be spent re-signing offensive talent (Agholor and Booker) and bolstering the defense.

If the defense had any talent, the Raiders would have beaten the Chiefs, Chargers and Dolphins to finish the season. Instead, they fell apart late and the team is 7-8 as a result.

Keep Carr, kick the defense.

Wake me up when Carr wins a playoff game.

Until then, he blows goats. Stat queens are meaningless in the nfl. He has no ballsack.

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Wake me up when Carr wins a playoff game.

Until then, he blows goats. Stat queens are meaningless in the nfl. He has no ballsack.
    Same ole argument as always

Team sport measurement directed at one individual who performs his position very well while the majority of his team underperforms.

You canít carry a trash defense in the NFL.

This team with any of the bottom half QBs finishes with less than 4 wins

Defensive rank in points scored

20- 29
    19- 24
    18- 32
    17- 20
    16- 20
    15- 22
    14- 32
    13- 23
    12- 18
    11- 9. Top 10 defense 8-8 Carson Palmer
    10- 10. Top 10 defense 8-8 Jason Campbell

Anyone who doesnít put the failures of this team on the defense is biased or ignorant.

Not wanting to name call but look at history
    Look at this franchise since 2002

Rich Gannon

2003- 25th D. 4-12. 2-5 as starter
    2002- 6th 11-5
    2001- 19th. 10-6
    2000- 9th 12-4
    1999. 16th. 8-8

Thatís his tenure

Top 10 defense two times and two playoff appearance

Middle defense twice one playoff appearance

Bottom tier once and 4-12 (2-5 him)

Canít be inept defensively and be consistent

Carr made it to the playoffs with a 20th ranked defense (injured and didnít play) during what couldíve been a competitive playoff run.

Point given up defensively
    20 447 so far
    19 419
    18 467
    17 373
    16 385
    15 399
    14 452

Offense has put up 402 this year
    416 his playoff year

Iím not sure who people want to compare or who people think should replace him but I guarantee they donít have this **** stacked against them in the same way

Maybe Stafford
    Last edited by Indy Raider; 12-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

None of what i put out there even factors in pro football referenceís strength of schedule

Which is a massive swing between Carrs years and the Gannon years.

Anything in between was hell but even Palmer had one year of just hell for a schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    None of what i put out there even factors in pro football referenceís strength of schedule

Which is a massive swing between Carrs years and the Gannon years.

Anything in between was hell but even Palmer had one year of just hell for a schedule
    DSRS stat and OSRS stat for example

3 years in a row now with a -4 to -5 DSRS
    This years offense is a +2.9

Gannon years had a positive DSRS and their offense popped off some 6+ Scores too

Not hating on Gannon but giving reference

Looking at the Colts and Manning

29th defense no playoffs
    31st D no playoffs
    23 wildcard
    23 won Super Bowl
    20 lost divisional

13 years at Indy
    Top 15 def for 6 years

Missed playoffs 2 years of the 3 that they were bottom 10.

It is a team game

If Manning canít take a bottom defense and get you to the playoffs .... who can?