Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 419 of 503 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 7533
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Considering how bad the D has been for 4 years with no sign of improvement, they better start getting it fixed. Carr is the least of the problems. if any at all.
    I agree. I've been saying this for a while now
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    If Carr becomes a FA, the question is whether he wants to remain in this **** show. Trading him might be the best option.
    If I was Carr I'd want out from this ****** organization
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    If I was Carr I'd want out from this ****** organization
    You're kinda hard to figure out Switch. Usually, you are defending Mark Davis, asking why people are in panic mode, we'll be fine we just need to get healthy, Derek is not the prob...

So I ask, what part of the organization don't you like?? It's odd to see you make that comment, because no one has been a better "company man" than you have. Your defense of this organization is renown(lol).What part of this organization is the problem? Ownership? no that's not it, Stadium? nope, coaching? nah roster? Haven't heard you say they lack talent(I did).

Just out of curiosity, what started the attack against the organization?

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    You're kinda hard to figure out Switch. Usually, you are defending Mark Davis, asking why people are in panic mode, we'll be fine we just need to get healthy, Derek is not the prob...

So I ask, what part of the organization don't you like?? It's odd to see you make that comment, because no one has been a better "company man" than you have. Your defense of this organization is renown(lol).What part of this organization is the problem? Ownership? no that's not it, Stadium? nope, coaching? nah roster? Haven't heard you say they lack talent(I did).

Just out of curiosity, what started the attack against the organization?
    Maybe you misunderstood me but what I was getting at is overall this franchise has been absolute **** the last 2 decades. Since Carr was brought it this franchise has absolutely failed him. Just look at the talent he's been surrounded with since he was drafted. I actually feel bad for him because he is a good QB and if he were with any other decent franchise he would be contending in the playoffs every year

I believe this year can be a winning season and this team can make the playoffs if they get healthy. That's why I'm not panicking. Grudens offense works if the defense can manage to get some stops. Biggest issue has been injuries so far this year. We are down 4 starters on offense and it shows. I'm more worried about the defense more than anything. They seem like they can completely fall apart at any moment

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Maybe you misunderstood me but what I was getting at is overall this franchise has been absolute **** the last 2 decades. Since Carr was brought it this franchise has absolutely failed him. Just look at the talent he's been surrounded with since he was drafted. I actually feel bad for him because he is a good QB and if he were with any other decent franchise he would be contending in the playoffs every year

I believe this year can be a winning season and this team can make the playoffs if they get healthy. That's why I'm not panicking. Grudens offense works if the defense can manage to get some stops. Biggest issue has been injuries so far this year. We are down 4 starters on offense and it shows. I'm more worried about the defense more than anything. They seem like they can completely fall apart at any moment
    Ok, I get it, and I agree with most, not sure I feel sorry for him. Your point is understood.

I understand everything Switch is saying. My thought process though is that we are farther away from contending for a championship, especially with the Chiefs in our division, what are we realistically going to win with Carr and whatever marginally better defense we can get? Iíd rather sell a little early then sit on our hands and miss an opportunity to make the franchise better long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry Carr is our Andy Dalton. Good enough for us to keep hoping he'll make the next step, but never good enough to help take us anywhere. Bengals are a **** organization too and it's definitely not all on Carr, but as a life long fan with memories of greatness you just start shot gunning any reasons you can think of to explain this disaster of a organization and its chronic losing.

Carr is not a bad QB, but outside looking in you just don't see the little things that separate good from great.

Just one flawed mans opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    I worry Carr is our Andy Dalton. Good enough for us to keep hoping he'll make the next step, but never good enough to help take us anywhere. Bengals are a **** organization too and it's definitely not all on Carr, but as a life long fan with memories of greatness you just start shot gunning any reasons you can think of to explain this disaster of a organization and its chronic losing.

Carr is not a bad QB, but outside looking in you just don't see the little things that separate good from great.

Just one flawed mans opinion...
    Carr is 10x more talented than Andy Dalton

I like Derek Carr as a QB and with a whole off season this year I think he and the receivers would be on a completely different level. He has played well this season, but the smart thing to do from a GM point of view (not the coach's because they think for right now ) no rookie is going to be able to start in a coach Gruden offense, there will be a learning curve, so this draft would be the perfect time for someone to sit behind Derek and learn if we are going to do it. Neither Mariota nor Peterman are the answers. There is a particular QB in this draft though who would take our offense to another level in the future, but I also understand that the defense needs to be better equipped & we are definitely heading in the right direction there. So, draft that QB and continue to load up on the defense still.

Ask yourself this... Would Carr lead the Packers, 49ers, Titans, Bills, Patriots, etc to a Superbowl?

Answer is a definite ďNo.Ē

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Ask yourself this... Would Carr lead the Packers, 49ers, Titans, Bills, Patriots, etc to a Superbowl?

I have been harder on Carr than anyone but I see a change in him this year. He has really stepped his up his game and I think we will see a QB capable of taking this team deep into the post season as the 2020 campaign progresses.

He has a test this Sunday. Letís see what he does with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49ers - Possibly
    Patriots - Possibly
    Bills - Possibly
    Titans - Possibly

Packers ... that's mostly Aaron Rodgers. Also why they're not really competing for Superbowl titles often.

Not sure I agree. All of those teams have better defense. There's nothing like feeling that you have to score 30+ points to be in the game. With teams punting once or twice a game, how can you win without playing a near perfect offensive game? Why do you think we have long drives? To control the ball, shorten the game, and trying to keep it low scoring. Gruden knows damn well that the D can't stop anyone.

Carr is by no means the Goat right, but even the harshest critics have got to see that the defense is holding this team back.

Dude canít carry the team on his back, and if that is the determining factor in believing he is good enough ... he never will be.

Neither is 95% of QBs out there though.

Like Iíve argued before... there are maybe 2-5 QBs that step in for him right now and pull off wins where he doesnít. Maaaaaybe

Very simple...

Carr's offense can score say.... 24 pts a game. Will translate to about 7 or 8 wins.

PM, Rogers, and Jackson could also score 24 pts a game that would transfer to 10 plus wins.....

Yep, I think defense has something to do with this.
    Dogdaddy