Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 387 of 423 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 6335
  1. #5791
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    My view on this whole flag controversy and something not said by anyone:

    The flag symbolizes in its very nature, unity. 13 stripes, the colonies united and 50 stars, the states united, one American Nation. I say kneel before the anthem, hold hands everyone gather before the anthem and then salute the flag that is meant to unite us all. Doing both would make the message more powerful, more inclusive and unifying. That is all, back on topic.
    I think itís beautiful either way. People put their lives on the line, not for the flag or the anthem, but for the opportunity and hope which I feel and hope every American feels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #5792
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,210
    Pro athletes have always had a platform to get people to hear their message. Its so unfortunate that some choose to use the Anthem in their protest. The Anthem, the Flag, and the people who fought to preserve them didn't do anything to deserve disrespect.

    The crazy thing is 99% of people believe police brutality is a bad thing... I never seen soooooo many people agree on a subject but are forced to choose a side.. kneel or don't kneel.

    Imagine if all the efforts across this country actually focused on the real problem and we wouldn't be in this mess.
    Dogdaddy

  3. #5793
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Pro athletes have always had a platform to get people to hear their message. Its so unfortunate that some choose to use the Anthem in their protest. The Anthem, the Flag, and the people who fought to preserve them didn't do anything to deserve disrespect.

    The crazy thing is 99% of people believe police brutality is a bad thing... I never seen soooooo many people agree on a subject but are forced to choose a side.. kneel or don't kneel.

    Imagine if all the efforts across this country actually focused on the real problem and we wouldn't be in this mess.
    I agree. There are 10000 different ways to handle this instead of making enemies of good people that may disagree with another.
    It may not be intentional disrespect to the military or people who gave their lives for this country, I get that, but it is disrespect to the very symbol of our nation, who some people have defended and/or support with all of their hearts and/or gave their lives. Hunter is going to come in and tell us to get back on topic.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  4. #5794
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,128
    There's a great thread on this topic. Keep it to bashing the Mascara here only please.

  5. #5795
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    There's a great thread on this topic. Keep it to bashing the Mascara here only please.
    Agree. Heard DC's wife is pregnant and they are expecting a girl. That will make 3 females in his family

  6. #5796
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
    agree. Heard dc's wife is pregnant and they are expecting a girl. That will make 3 females in his family
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    there's a great thread on this topic. Keep it to bashing the mascara here only please.
    lmao!

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #5797
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Agree. Heard DC's wife is pregnant and they are expecting a girl. That will make 3 females in his family
    Still fewer than we have in this forum with all this gossiping that happens.

  8. #5798
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,839
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    There's a great thread on this topic. Keep it to bashing the Mascara here only please.
    Don't worry, this is the calm before the storm.

  9. #5799
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,839

  10. #5800
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Chris Simms this morning rated Carr as his #19 QB in the NFL. He likes quick release, good arm, side arm, spirals, athleticism. Negatives: Lack of aggressiveness, needs to throw the fast ball instead of throwing a change-up, missed out on a lot of touchdowns because the ball was slow to the receiver. Needs to step up and make more plays, let it fly. Needs explosive plays. Thinks Mariotta is there as an insurance policy and competition to poke Carr to bring his A game every day.

    I agree.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  11. #5801
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Chris Simms this morning rated Carr as his #19 QB in the NFL. He likes quick release, good arm, side arm, spirals, athleticism. Negatives: Lack of aggressiveness, needs to throw the fast ball instead of throwing a change-up, missed out on a lot of touchdowns because the ball was slow to the receiver. Needs to step up and make more plays, let it fly. Needs explosive plays. Thinks Mariotta is there as an insurance policy and competition to poke Carr to bring his A game every day.

    I agree.
    I guess Sims doesnt know about the 70% completion rate. What a dope.

  12. #5802
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,877
    Captain Checkdown? Ouch.

    What's going to suck about all of this is the possibility that the Patriots may tank, end up with the first pick of next year's draft and get another true franchise QB before we do. No offense to Carr, but barring a deep playoff run, it will impossible for anyone to view him as a franchise QB.

  13. #5803
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    I guess Sims doesnt know about the 70% completion rate. What a dope.
    he had a number of good things to say about him, the negatives are true and fair. 70% is great, a definite strength, but it doesn't negate his weaknesses and it is fair to point them out. No one is perfect, it is smart to work on things that will make you better.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  14. #5804
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Captain Checkdown? Ouch.

    What's going to suck about all of this is the possibility that the Patriots may tank, end up with the first pick of next year's draft and get another true franchise QB before we do. No offense to Carr, but barring a deep playoff run, it will impossible for anyone to view him as a franchise QB.
    F++k the Pats. Just hope Carr gets his act together. Then we don't have to worry about that.
    I think this is a BIG year for us, and the direction that this franchise will go. This team should get a WC spot.

  15. #5805
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,877
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    F++k the Pats. Just hope Carr gets his act together. Then we don't have to worry about that.
    I think this is a BIG year for us, and the direction that this franchise will go. This team should get a WC spot.
    As with all things this year, hoping for the best...but expecting the worst.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •