Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 377 of 392 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5875
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Says the clueless dumbass who wanted to trade Carr for a sack of potatoes. You insult the guy more than most. Keep it up. You get more clueless with each post.
    It depends, what kind of potatoes are we talking here? If we are talking McDonald's fries here hell yes I'm trading Carr for that all day everyday and twice on Sunday's.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Trubisky was the worst QB selection ever because they chose him when Maholmes and Watson were on the board. Its absolutely astonishing that a team could evaluate this badly. And you guys spend so much time criticising Carrs continued employment.

Aaron Rogers has 51m dead cap this year and over 31 next let that sink in and they pissed him off. WOW
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-ba...-rodgers-3745/

Our QB situation is heaven in comparison.
    Not only did they pass on Watson and Mahomes but to top it all off they trade assets to move up 1 spot to draft Trubisky!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    If thats the case, that is the least of my concerns

But seriously how wrong were you?

What happened to "waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist?"

You even went as far as claiming Carr wasn't Grudens type of QB

Now here you are claiming Carr has "lost" it since 16'

Yet here we are, Carr starting for Gruden year 3.

Whats really laughable is how clueless you are. You've been entirely wrong about Carr yet you continue to push whatever ******** you pull of our your *** just to try and fit your narrative

Keep it coming. I can always use a good laugh reading your posts. And don't you worry, I'm always here to keep you in check
    I donít get the ďcarr is not a gruden type QBĒ take.

What does that mean?

Gruden liked carr on his QB camp show... granted, he liked slot of QBs.

Gruden decided to come back to coaching knowing and liking the fact that carr was the franchise QB.

Carr has athleticism. Heís a leader and a foundation type player. Heís been around the nfl a long time and his football IQ is pretty high. He seems like the perfect gruden QB. Thatís what I thought before, thatís what I think now.

Some have questioned is toughness- but heís played through injuries at times and shown heís willing rob put himself on the line. I donít question his toughness.

Questioning his pocket awareness is understandable. Questioning his play in cold weather is statistically proven.

He is a gruden type QB. Is he an elite QB- not that Iíve seen yet. Is he good, yes. But he has flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Thatís might be how they see thy wins going. But I donít think carr would remain the starter after a 1-4 start.
    Well, looks like Carr is gone.

Hereís an interesting video on carr... Iíd guess thereís a lot of Bís on this forum...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA5pyXKq8c

Itís time to move on from Carr

I donít get the ďcarr is not a gruden type QBĒ take.

What does that mean?

Gruden liked carr on his QB camp show... granted, he liked slot of QBs.

Gruden decided to come back to coaching knowing and liking the fact that carr was the franchise QB.

Carr has athleticism. Heís a leader and a foundation type player. Heís been around the nfl a long time and his football IQ is pretty high. He seems like the perfect gruden QB. Thatís what I thought before, thatís what I think now.

Some have questioned is toughness- but heís played through injuries at times and shown heís willing rob put himself on the line. I donít question his toughness.

Questioning his pocket awareness is understandable. Questioning his play in cold weather is statistically proven.

He is a gruden type QB. Is he an elite QB- not that Iíve seen yet. Is he good, yes. But he has flaws.
    Iíll explain what I meant because I was one to say it.

Following Grudenís career way back to his days as a self described ďHam & EggsĒ QB at the University of Dayton and when he was a GA at Tennessee under Walt Harris he seemed to have developed an affinity for the cerebral over achieving type signal caller that could rally his teammates to go charge a machine gun nest.

That isnít to say that Gruden wound prefer that type of player over one thatís physically gifted and can make all of the throws rather he has an intense contempt for gifted QBís that do not work to improve those intangibles.

Gruden loathed Randall Cunningham and Jeff George. He obviously had a high regard for Rich Gannon but if you are looking for the two perfect examples of Jon Gruden ďtypeĒ QBís I wound point towards Steve Young and Brett Favre they could do it all.

All I meant by my comment is that Gruden seems to get a better response out of player such as Rich Gannon to elevate his game rather then encourage a Jeff George that wonít buy in and isnít a ďgrinder.Ē

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 05-10-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Well, looks like Carr is gone.
    Haha. Never know, this team could surprise you.

Or... we could get a delayed start and shortened season. First 4 games were scheduled as potentially canceled games.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Iíll explain what I meant because I was one to say it.

Following Grudenís career way back to his days as a self described ďHam & EggsĒ QB at the University of Dayton and when he was a GA at Tennessee under Walt Harris he seemed to have developed an affinity for the cerebral over achieving type signal caller that could rally his teammates to go charge a machine gun nest.

That isnít to say that Gruden wound prefer that type of player over one thatís physically gifted and can make all of the throws rather he has an intense contempt for gifted QBís that do not work to improve those intangibles.

Gruden loathed Randall Cunningham and Jeff George. He obviously had a high regard for Rich Gannon but if you are looking for the two perfect examples of Jon Gruden ďtypeĒ QBís I wound point towards Steve Young and Brett Favre they could do it all.

All I meant by my comment is that Gruden seems to get a better response out of player such as Rich Gannon to elevate his game rather then encourage a Jeff George to buy into his vision of what a QB should be.

Does that make sense?

Still doesnít make sense. Try simplifying without examples- as people may not agree with the traits of the examples.

Are you saying carr isnít cerebral? Isnít a leader?

Because those traits were listed as strengths if his when he was younger.

What traits exactly does gruden look for that carr doesnít possess?

Still doesnít make sense. Try simplifying without examples- as people may not agree with the traits of the examples.

Are you saying carr isnít cerebral? Isnít a leader?

Because those traits were listed as strengths if his when he was younger.

What traits exactly does gruden look for that carr doesnít possess?
    Maybe Carr is cerebral, maybe Carr is a good teammate maybe he is a grinder.

What I am saying is that I never saw Brett Favre, Steve Young or Rich Gannon throw the ball into the stands on 4th and goal.

I did see Jeff George on one occasion.

Fair or unfair thatís my perception of the situation.

Carr is a scaredy cat

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Maybe Carr is cerebral, maybe Carr is a good teammate maybe he is a grinder.

What I am saying is that I never saw Brett Favre, Steve Young or Rich Gannon throw the ball into the stands on 4th and goal.

I did see Jeff George on one occasion.

Fair or unfair thatís my perception of the situation.

Fair enough. I think itís better to say that carr is not your type of QB. Bringing gruden into this is assumptuous.

I donít think we can fully judge Carr on a few plays. And that goes both ways. But I definitely donít think we can compare Carr to Gannon until the rest of the team is as good as Gannonís was. You say Gannon never threw the call away into the stands. But Iíd guess that the Gannon you remember, is not the same Gannon fans of the teams he played on before us remember. On the bad teams- Gannon probably wasnít your type if QB either.

Remember when Jason Campbellís best WR was DHB and still won 8 games..

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Remember when Jason Campbellís best WR was DHB and still won 8 games..
    They say when you got a pail full of lemons, make lemonade.

Carrís still waiting for an orange julius...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Hereís an interesting video on carr... Iíd guess thereís a lot of Bís on this forum...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA5pyXKq8c
    This video was posted last year in the forum. No one looked at it I believe.

Dupe
    Last edited by Proximo; 05-10-2020 at 03:58 PM.