Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 369 of 504 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 7554
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Nobody cares for your concern

If Gruden was so concerned Carr wasn't his type of QB, he would have been long gone. Yet here we are, year 3 under Gruden.

You can continue to push whatever clueless narrative you have next. Nothing will change the fact that Carr is Grudens QB

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Switch-I apologize. I forgot you where there. You may go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I agree entirely. Gannonís success was in large part because of Gruden and much to Al Davisís chagrin Gannonís forgettable Super Bowl performance was also in large part because of Gruden.

But...it takes a certain type of player to succeed as a QB under Gruden and having followed Jonís career in the NFL there seems to be certain character and athletic traits that run consistent with that success.

Those traits often are contrary to what many emphasize in what an NFL QB should be.

Gannon possessed them all. Carr lacks a few of them hence my concern.

I am laying the destroying legacies part a bit too thick. I am sorry youíre a long time fan and bleed silver & black as much as the rest of us.

My concern should not be confused with hatred.

Fair enough. My only caveat is that we canít really judge carrís success until provided a similarly talented team around him. Thatís why Iíve been saying this year he has no excuses. I also think gruden hasnít worked with enough QBs to really pigeonhole him into a typecast.

And I really wanted us to trade up for Tua. Wouldnít mind trading for Rogers if we think heís got 4 more years in him.

This may affect his you feel about Carr for better or for worse, not sure

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v8R17ja7nEs

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post

O. M. G. 😂

Oddly enough, after watching hard knocks I actually found myself annoyed by carrs personality. This doesnít help.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post

Wasnít this years ago and a joke?

He was pretty much laughing at himself by doing that.

Have you seen him in clips with his brothers, thatís clearly his real personality, you canít fake it around brothers they will call it out real fast.

The Raiders always has talent in those days. Gruden & Gannon changed the culture and won football games.

Great QBís elevate the entire team. Gannon was a great one as a Raider.

The need to discredit his achievements to defend Carr is unbecoming. You people are ready to burn the entire organization to the ground in an attempt to deflect accountability and criticism from your boy.

I have seen the legacy of HOF players desecrated on this thread when those examples may contradict the Derek Carr narrative.

I find it very disturbing to see so called ďfansĒ toss Raider legends under the bus to justify the failings of a particular player. I am bewildered by it...

Who discredited Gannon? Even great QBs need a very good team around them to achieve their peak, is what Iím seeing people write. Carr needs a very good team around, then at age 29 (31/3/2020) not 34 we might find out how good he can eventually become. Doesnít seem unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Who discredited Gannon? Even great QBs need a very good team around them to achieve their peak, is what Iím seeing people write. Carr needs a very good team around, then at age 29 (31/3/2020) not 34 we might find out how good he can eventually become. Doesnít seem unreasonable.
    How much rope do you give a QB? Itís tough to build perfect teams and as you build these teams you have to pay guys. Teams that show too much patience may lose their window.

Itís Carrís job to keep or lose this year.

Careful Prox. Switch played high school football and is therefore a genius.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Dupe

How much rope do you give a QB? Itís tough to build perfect teams and as you build these teams you have to pay guys. Teams that show too much patience may lose their window.

Itís Carrís job to keep or lose this year.

Carr is definitely on a very short leash.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

This thread man..

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Careful Prox. Switch played high school football and is therefore a genius.
    Says the clueless dumbass who wanted to trade Carr for a sack of potatoes. You insult the guy more than most. Keep it up. You get more clueless with each post.

I'm here to keep you in check with whatever false narrative you have next. You literally get shut down with each post. Tell me again how McGloin is a prototypical QB for Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I'm here to keep you in check with whatever false narrative you have next. You literally get shut down with each post. Tell me again how McGloin is a prototypical QB for Gruden
    McGloin isnít a Gruden type QB. He isnít even an NFL QB. In the beginning some thought he might have the grit and determination to overcome his physical shortcomings and succeed. He did not, and everyone recognizes this. No one is championing his cause. I think constantly bringing the McGloin thing up is backfiring on you. Youíre the one who is looking clueless. Iím not trying to be a dick, just want to help a brother out. Itís time to revamp your shtick. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    McGloin isnít a Gruden type QB. He isnít even an NFL QB. In the beginning some thought he might have the grit and determination to overcome his physical shortcomings and succeed. He did not, and everyone recognizes this. No one is championing his cause. I think constantly bringing the McGloin thing up is backfiring on you. Youíre the one who is looking clueless. Iím not trying to be a dick, just want to help a brother out. Itís time to revamp your shtick. 👍
    Not at all. Just pointing out how clueless Prox really is. He literally said McGloin is exactly the kind of QB that would succeed under Gruden. Yes the same McGloin that was benched in the XFL. He pushed so many false narratives about Carr. Even went on an emotional rant. Just reread his posts in this thread