Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 366 of 393 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5886
  1. #5476
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    He(Gruden) can call a play & say 73% of the time I want the ball to go to the back on the checkdown. Itís a scheme thing, because he is setting up the next play. Later, I may pump that checkdown & throw it right over their heads.

    I quickly glanced at the comments. I think some people misinterpreted the "I want the ball" part to mean Carr himself wants that without connecting it to the latter part of the statement.
    I read it to mean Gruden wants him to check down 73% of the time. Blaming his plethora of check downs on Gruden rather than his own fear. Not the first time he's stated as much. "I put the ball where the coach wants me to."

  2. #5477
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Reading some of these posts, I'm willing to bet my house 95% of you have never played football before. I'm also willing to bet my other house 90% of you don't understand how Grudens offense works



    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Me? I wouldn't mind another house, I could use it as a rental, second income. Take more time off to coach football. You are too sensitive about Carr, Switch, yeah, there are a few who really hate him, a couple who spout a little nonsense from time to time, but I think the majority of us are tired of losing and don't like certain things about Carr. I say I like about 75% of Carr, the other 25% I want more. I hope he comes through this year, he has the skills, but needs to put it all together. What is this his 7th season? More than time. The team has built around him, so now it is his turn. Liking or disliking Carr has little to do with Gruden's offense. It has to do with taking the next step, I used to be Carr's biggest supporter, was stoked to have drafted him and was happy he got better, now I want more from him. Is that wrong?

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  3. #5478
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So your comparing our wrs today to Jerry rice and Tim brown? Two hofers? Lol
    No he is not, he is showing what GANNON, a great QB, could do with Gruden's offense and you know that. Christ, the extremes both sides go to to prove their points. L ...O...F...L, more lake SMFH.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  4. #5479
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,702
    If Rich Gannon weíre taking the snaps the Raiders would have been more competitive the last three seasons. No question in my mind on that.

    He was the prototypical QB for Grudenís offense,


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5480
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You folks complain constantly about Carr, but not about our crap wr group? Or us having one of the worst d in the nfl against the pass.
    I guess itís carrs fault. Lol wow
    LMAO... Oh my bad, I didn't know the defense was responsible for the checkdown scheme or the QB'S inability to pump fake. That's clearly what my comment was about. Just like CNN, take a quote out of context and spin it to make no sense at all.

  6. #5481
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You folks complain constantly about Carr, but not about our crap wr group? Or us having one of the worst d in the nfl against the pass.
    I guess itís carrs fault. Lol wow
    Again, Wrong Meg. That is nonsense. Everyone has complained about bad defense, crap WR group (except for Eric), poor kickers, it's just not as polarizing, doesn't elicit the over reactionary posts. This thread is about Carr, not the defense, not the WR group. Again you know this. Wow indeed. I threw one joke out there, man, seems like when I did the I love DC guys rushed to the castle wall to repel the imagined or miniscule I hate DC army.

    It is easy, very easy to manipulate ANY post in here to fit a certain narrative, implying someone means something other than what they actually say is a prime example. I can tell you though, the offense having so many consecutive 3 and outs, DOES put a bad defense in a worse position. Sometimes it IS Carr's fault, sometimes a WR or running back, sometimes the Coach, sometimes the REF or another team member, sometimes it is purely good D or bad D.

    Additionally what two positions were most people screaming to get in the draft?

    WR and CB <- mike drop? I think that was a mike drop, meg, pretty sure it was. As you say: LOL
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 05-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #5482
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    If Rich Gannon weíre taking the snaps the Raiders would have been more competitive the last three seasons. No question in my mind on that.

    He was the prototypical QB for Grudenís offense,


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i agree

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  8. #5483
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,366
    I just watched some you tube videos of Carr. Especially the 2016 season. I want that guy back. He had fire, desire, leadership, zipped balls in tight windows, threw guys open, tossed balls where only the receiver could get it, ran with the ball, tossed some 50/50s showing trust in his WR, threw deep and sideline throws. That's the Carr I love. Especially the game where he dislocated his finger, he came back with so much fire and determination. I want him to get that back. This year he has the opportunity.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  9. #5484
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I just watched some you tube videos of Carr. Especially the 2016 season. I want that guy back. He had fire, desire, leadership, zipped balls in tight windows, threw guys open, tossed balls where only the receiver could get it, ran with the ball, tossed some 50/50s showing trust in his WR, threw deep and sideline throws. That's the Carr I love. Especially the game where he dislocated his finger, he came back with so much fire and determination. I want him to get that back. This year he has the opportunity.
    Carr has the physical attributes to be special. My favorite moment was the 2015 win at Denver who were the eventual Super Bowl champs.

    Von Miller was in his face all game. It was a ugly low scoring defensive slugfest but Derek stepped up and make some key throws to extend drives as well as a TD pass in the 3rd qtr to keep the Raiders in it.

    To me that game was to 2016 what the 1999 win in Arrowhead in the season finale was to the 2000 team.

    But-he hasnít been that player since week #3 2017.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #5485
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I did last year, this season we have a better roster, no question, the schedule is favorable as well, first time in a long time we didn't have the most difficult schedule in the league. So, maybe I would, but I only bet on poker and black jack. I will do a sig bet though. My house is for my son, can't lose it! I say 10-6.
    Last years schedule was a joke. Donít you think our division all got better? Chargers D looks elite After acquisitions. 10 - 6 would be very impressive.

    Personally I donít bet on anything unless I know Iíve rigged it. House wins a lot

  11. #5486
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,070
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    This is what Gruden's offense looks like done right. Somebody is just a big blow-hard.

    Sorry, but Carr does not have the elusive mobility and vision that Gannon had. Sorry!

  12. #5487
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,702

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Sorry, but Carr does not have the elusive mobility and vision that Gannon had. Sorry!
    The tenacity, anticipation and football IQ is what made Gannon a great QB.

    He was an extension of Gruden on the field. His [Grudenís] passing game emphasizes shallow crosses and outs. If the ball is checked down itís typically to a running back in the flat or on a wheel route. He will attack the intermediate and deeper zones with pump fakes.

    The only QB that I ever watched that looked more out of sync in Grudenís offense was Jeff George who took way too many sacks wanting to force the ball deep.

    Rhythm is huge.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 05-01-2020 at 10:46 PM.

  13. #5488
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    The tenacity, anticipation and football IQ is what made Gannon a great QB.
    It took a lot to get to that point. Gannon in Minnesota was a running QB and a mediocre passer at best. Not different than a lot of other running QBs out there. I certainly wouldn't have described him as a guy with a high football IQ when I first saw him play in the early 90s.

    That he made himself into a guy who was great at reading defenses and such is really quite remarkable. The guy we saw in KC and Oakland was light years ahead of where he started out, and is a testament to how hard he must have worked ... but it really wasn't until he was past 30 that I would have considered him a really good QB.

    Of course, it also should give hope to a lot of younger QBs that haven't put it together, that with enough hard work you can make yourself into something.

  14. #5489
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,702
    Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    It took a lot to get to that point. Gannon in Minnesota was a running QB and a mediocre passer at best. Not different than a lot of other running QBs out there. I certainly wouldn't have described him as a guy with a high football IQ when I first saw him play in the early 90s.

    That he made himself into a guy who was great at reading defenses and such is really quite remarkable. The guy we saw in KC and Oakland was light years ahead of where he started out, and is a testament to how hard he must have worked ... but it really wasn't until he was past 30 that I would have considered him a really good QB.

    Of course, it also should give hope to a lot of younger QBs that haven't put it together, that with enough hard work you can make yourself into something.
    I agree. Sometimes a team will catch lightening in a bottle with a head coach and QB at the right place at the right time. Gannon & Gruden were the perfect fit as Raiders.

    Had Gannon gone to Philly in 1996 and played under Gruden there he would have been successful as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #5490
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,036
    I like how everyone always talks about Gannon being the better fit, yet donít emphasize that the team around him was better. Receivers are just part of it.

    After years of being mediocre, gannon suddenly became great? You canít ignore all the factors and just give Gannon the credit. Letís see how carr does this year. We all agree thereís no excuses.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •