Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Spot on.

-Stork
    Ha LOL you guys that pin this all on the QB cracks me up... I would venture to say that It starts with the Center, then the Safety... and so on... the QB is the lolypop of the media craz. Trust me, Joe Montana or who ever would not be legends if they didn't play with solid teams... Ya QB's are important, but I always wonder how many "legendary" qb's I would have watched if they had different team mates. Not saying Carr is in this conversation however Im a firm believer that guys like Gannon would never been as successful if not surrounded by a real team..... Go Reggie!
    Well when most fans and experts label the team as playoff hopefuls, then you have to look at the QB who is responsible in separating the team from the rest of the league.

All I am saying is that Carr is going into year 3 with all attention his way for the first 2 1/2 years. It's time to show up and lead a decent squad of dudes to the playoffs. No disagreeing with that.

Ouch!!!

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Derek-Carr-slammed-by-personnel-director-for-lack-of-poise-46668633

Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Another "expert" touting they know something we don't. Just like your opinion and mine, it means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Ha LOL you guys that pin this all on the QB cracks me up... I would venture to say that It starts with the Center, then the Safety... and so on... the QB is the lolypop of the media craz. Trust me, Joe Montana or who ever would not be legends if they didn't play with solid teams... Ya QB's are important, but I always wonder how many "legendary" qb's I would have watched if they had different team mates. Not saying Carr is in this conversation however Im a firm believer that guys like Gannon would never been as successful if not surrounded by a real team..... Go Reggie!
    Who pinned it all on the QB? The team is ready to win, so it's time for the QB to put on his big boy pads and show some gravitas when it counts.

Montana was 25 in his 3rd year. Took a team that was 6-10, and a historical loser, to a championship. Team's leading rusher was Ricky Patton.

No more excuses...if Carr is the man, he needs to show it this year.

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights."...might be the most apropos post of all time.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Another "expert" touting they know something we don't. Just like your opinion and mine, it means absolutely nothing.
    I'm pretty sure 'expert' opinions have been a staple when it comes to defending Carr....

If you read the article, it also says that there are multiple executives who have the same thought about him.

I'm rooting for him and I believe this year he deserves a honest evaluation due to his surrounding cast and prior 2 years of experience.

Who pinned it all on the QB? The team is ready to win, so it's time for the QB to put on his big boy pads and show some gravitas when it counts.

Montana was 25 in his 3rd year. Took a team that was 6-10, and a historical loser, to a championship. Team's leading rusher was Ricky Patton.

No more excuses...if Carr is the man, he needs to show it this year.

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights."...might be the most apropos post of all time.

-Stork
    Montana in his 3rd year had 3500 yards, 19 tds, and 12 Ints.
    Carr in his 2nd year had 3900 yds, 32 tds, and 13 Ints.

My point is simple, Carr can put up exactly the same numbers this year with no improvement and the Defense and Running game steps up....... Could be a playoff team and then some.

Give me a solid defense, strong running game, and an average qb and I will win a ton of games..

Derek Carr Discussion: Vol. 2

Oh, I agree...defense and running games are great, and can certainly help mask some poor QB play. But is this discussion about how Derek Carr is average? That'd be boring, he's almost there.

The QB has more say about who wins than any position on the field, if we want to compete for rings, he needs to improve. Is that really a point of contention? You don't think he needs to improve? You don't think he needs to show up more consistently? In bigger spots?

Btw...comparing passing stats from '81 to now is absurd. Thought you'd have known that.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Oh, I agree...defense and running games are great, and can certainly help mask some poor QB play. But is this discussion about how Derek Carr is average? That'd be boring, he's almost there.

The QB has more say about who wins than any position on the field, if we want to compete for rings, he needs to improve. Is that really a point of contention? You don't think he needs to improve? You don't think he needs to show up more consistently? In bigger spots?

Btw...comparing passing stats from '81 to now is absurd. Thought you'd have known that.

-Stork
    I think what he is saying without putting words in his mouth is Carr can improve and show hes a better QB without racking up the stat sheet. This team shouldn't be behind very much. We should be in each game. We should be able to run the ball more and not have to get into shoot outs. If that does happen Carr wont have to throw the ball 40 to 50 times each game. Carr needs to lead the team and not make careless mistakes.

I know most people don't care about fantasy football but Carr has been a subject on several different podcasts and fantasy articles. In those articles they talked a lot about what I posted above. They feel he is a solid QB but with a better defense and better run game they don't expect Carr to improve stat wise but expect him to still lead the team to wins. Different look but similar thoughts.

I couldn't give a **** about stats. Not my point...in the least.

-Stork

-tippa irie

Stork, when someone puts a post out that says " Win more game, make the playoffs, and show more balls under the lights" in reference to Carr.... And you reply "Spot on". It makes it easy to believe you pin it on the QB. I know this is a pissing match between me and you but if our record improves dramatically its not going to be just Carr. And you know that.

It makes it easy to believe I want more out of our QB. 'Pin' isn't the right word.

He has not played well enough for us to win. 8-9 good games in 32 starts is not good enough.

I really hope he's improved.

-Stork
    Last edited by themadstork; 08-10-2016 at 03:28 PM.

-tippa irie

So how would "progress" by Carr be measured then? By qualitative measures like "poise," "moxy," "grit," "pocket presence?"

Interestingly, there are various sources that speak about his intangibles last year. Blakers' article regarding his "lack of poise" by an anonymous source, offers little detail or supporting evidence. An article by PPF mentions, "..when pressured his passer rating is 95.1 ó barely lower than when heís been kept clean. He hasnít been blitzed much, but when he has his passer rating is 144.4 and he has thrown two touchdowns, completing 70 percent of his passes."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/der...nder-pressure/

Is "poise" the perception or the numbers? What if a person looks "flustered" but is making the throws/completions? Or when a person looks confident but makes bad throws?" The quantitative is not backing the qualitative - or vice versa.

The answer is likely that he is somewhere near the mean on this abstract measure and needs to be more consistent.

Check that, winning equates to progress. In sports, that's the best barometer.

You know... Drew Brees went basically went unnoticed last year only going 7-9. However nobody could stop him. If he had anything that resembled a defense, he would have went 12-4 and probably the mvp of the league. Again, Carr will improve IMO but if he doesn't, our record will improve with the upgraded roster.. I know it and you do too. Reason I know that because you are a smart man....

So If that qb has more to say about who wins more games that any other position, Why didn't Breese win more games? NO DEFENSE

I'm pretty sure 'expert' opinions have been a staple when it comes to defending Carr....

If you read the article, it also says that there are multiple executives who have the same thought about him.

I'm rooting for him and I believe this year he deserves a honest evaluation due to his surrounding cast and prior 2 years of experience.
    Another link to probably the same article.http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...under-pressure
    There have been a few guys here that have never bought in that Carr was a franchise QB. And many that say he is are the same guys that go around and beat Reggie's drum constantly. I think they believe Carr's success is tied to Reggie's and they want to believe in Carr so bad that if they say he is a franchise QB enough times that it will come true or everyone else will believe it.
    Its odd to watch.

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast