Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 199 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    He is obviously our guy.

The question now changes to whether or not he can compete with the best in the NFL.

I would love to see top 10 stats and it would be a phenomenal year if he goes top 5.

(making this about quarterback only not team)

For most of the second half of the season our line sucked... If you watch that video, He had no help in the run game as well on those drives. He made a really nice back shoulder throw to Roberts, If that wasn't all him I am not sure what you would consider is. The OLine was really bad the last 6 or 7 games, mostly the second half of the season.

It's a new year, Lets see what we got and stop crying over last year...

I've been rooting for this team over 40 years. Long time Raider fans whether they like Carr are not believe me want him to be a franchise quarterback. But watching this team as long as I have I'm not gonna listen to any hype. Been there done that. Carr has talent he has gotten better but until we are winning games I refuse to take the bait. I want a decade of great football. For that we need a franchise qb. Franchise quarterback win, even on bad days. If Carr does that I m sure the cautious fans are sold. None of us care about a stupid I told you so, if we don't like Carr we don't want to be right. Drinking the cool aid for so long at my age you start spitting the crap out GIVE ME WINS

Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    I've been rooting for this team over 40 years. Long time Raider fans whether they like Carr are not believe me want him to be a franchise quarterback. But watching this team as long as I have I'm not gonna listen to any hype. Been there done that. Carr has talent he has gotten better but until we are winning games I refuse to take the bait. I want a decade of great football. For that we need a franchise qb. Franchise quarterback win, even on bad days. If Carr does that I m sure the cautious fans are sold. None of us care about a stupid I told you so, if we don't like Carr we don't want to be right. Drinking the cool aid for so long at my age you start spitting the crap out GIVE ME WINS
    I've been rooting for the Raiders for nearly 30 years. Unfortunately, I missed the glory years. We do need a franchise QB while Carr isn't that yet he has the potential. Some here have had it out for him from the second he was drafted they look for the negative.

In my time on PSD I've mainly supported Raiders sometimes longer than most. Supported Dennis Allen getting a third year. Hoped for JaMarcus Russell and McFadden longer than most. I was wrong about all three. However, I think I was right to preach patience with Reggie McKenzie and Carr. Carr is easily the most promising young QB we've had in my nearly 30 years as a fan. Not the best Gannon and Palner were easily better, but they were old when they got here. I don't live in the past like some old time fans or put the pressure of the expectations caused by the last decade of losing football on current Raiders.

I also think there is a difference between what people consider a franchise QB to be. I Think you can be a franchise QB without being Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers ect.... Those are 1st ballot HOF QBs. Some fans want Carr to be that in his second year or so it seems.

I'd consider a QB that can be in the top 10 for a decade or more and keep his team in contention to be a franchise QB. I think Carr can be that type of QB. With the right surrounding cast you can win a Super Bowl with that kind of QB. Lesser QBs have won rings.

Well I'm greedy. I don't want Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan I want Tom Brady and Favre

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights
    Spot on.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    For most of the second half of the season our line sucked... If you watch that video, He had no help in the run game as well on those drives. He made a really nice back shoulder throw to Roberts, If that wasn't all him I am not sure what you would consider is. The OLine was really bad the last 6 or 7 games, mostly the second half of the season.

It's a new year, Lets see what we got and stop crying over last year...
    He had no run game on those drives because the team was down 13 with 3 minutes to go. He also got lucky with the Crabtree TD - it was clearly Pushing off by Crab.

He has some awesome throws ie; Chi game to Amari in back of end zone was righteous!!!

But, just like reports say, "Derek with an arid throw to hit the trashcan on the sideline, lots of zip on it though."

I agree that he has great potential but I just dont see him as a winner. We will see this year. He has a defense and offensive weapons.

This year is on Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Seeing this discussion go on for a while now. It is interesting the narratives people use. These are the TL;DR opinions of Carr threads. People seem to fit into one - though there are grey areas among them:

1) Thinks Carr is horrible. Believes there are better QBs on the roster. When no constructive criticism, relies on ad hominem remarks and cherry-picked stats. Secretly roots for Carr to fail so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

2) Thinks Carr has potential but is lacking on some aspects. Believes Carr needs plenty of growth to do before he is a full-fledged starter. When no constructive criticism, does not post. Roots for Carr to progress so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

3) Thinks Carr is GOAT. Hides all Carr's mistakes as a team problem. When no constructive criticism, relies on ad hominem remarks and cherry-picked stats. Secretly roots for the backup QB to fail so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

I believe the great majority fit into the second. Either way, always love the passion everyone brings to the forum. Keep the discussion going.
    There is a fourth selection:

Thinks Carr is a pretty good young quarterback, better than many we have had in the last few years, however he is still young and learning the position. There are strengths to his game and a some weaknesses as well. If he can fix the weaknesses he will be our starter for years to come, if he cannot he will be traded. We can root for him one play and cuss him the next. He is the QB of our beloved team and should have our support, but he should not be immune from constructive criticism. As far as the I told you so stuff...unnecessary crowing of the banty rooster.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post

Thinks Carr is a pretty good young quarterback, better than many we have had in the last few years, however he is still young and learning the position. There are strengths to his game and a some weaknesses as well. If he can fix the weaknesses he will be our starter for years to come, if he cannot he will be traded. We can root for him one play and cuss him the next. He is the QB of our beloved team and should have our support, but he should not be immune from constructive criticism. As far as the I told you so stuff...unnecessary crowing of the banty rooster.
    I know, said mostly in jest.

Here's the facts. Carr had 7 INT's in the last 5 games of last year, 3 of those coming on the first drives of the game. From about week 10 on he played flat. Has to do better than that. He's not elite, and hasn't proven he's a franchise QB yet. We'll see. No excuses this year, everything's in place

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    I know, said mostly in jest.
    Gotcha

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Spot on.

-Stork
    Ha LOL you guys that pin this all on the QB cracks me up... I would venture to say that It starts with the Center, then the Safety... and so on... the QB is the lolypop of the media craz. Trust me, Joe Montana or who ever would not be legends if they didn't play with solid teams... Ya QB's are important, but I always wonder how many "legendary" qb's I would have watched if they had different team mates. Not saying Carr is in this conversation however Im a firm believer that guys like Gannon would never been as successful if not surrounded by a real team..... Go Reggie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post

Spot on Wolfe

Most of us are sniffing the Kool-Aid as it looks tasty, but are a bit gun shy as there is an extremely long list of train wrecks who have came in to QB this team since Gannon. Not to mention between Plunkett and Gannon! We have been disappointed every single F'n time!

Hoss was OK and I loved his toughness as he got crushed almost every single play. We had no line at all back then, but he kept on trying and never gave up.

Coulda Woulda Shoulda on Palmer, but it just wasn't the right time and Hue gave away way to much to get him.

No body else is worth a mention in my opinion.

I am hopeful Carr can be the guy and look forward to this season to see if he continues to improve. I think being this is his 3rd year things will have slowed down a bit and he will do better under pressure. I have no evidence to support my statement, but having the O line we have now should help.

I can care less on the I told you so's. I just want to win! Oh and crush the Donkey's into horse meat!

I hate those guys!

Page 2 of 199 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast