2017 - 2nd, 5th leading receivers were TEs and RBs
    2018 - 1st, 2nd, 6th leading receivers were TEs and RBs
    2019 - 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th leading receivers were TEs and RBs

checkdown charlie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I doubt his longevity. Heís proved zip.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kyler was supposed to take Arizona to the playoffs this year. Nope, they still are a very bad team. Bad draft pick by Arizona.

At the end of the day, you can find video of Carr making bad reads on critical 3rd down plays.

How many years until Carr is ready to throw the ball to an open receiver on a 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter?

Iíve given Carr all the time in the world. Eventually, he has to produce.

Watching the Niners today was definitely a reminder of how bad our roster as a whole is in comparison. Do we have a position player anywhere as good as theirs. Crosby/ Bosa --a wash, Waller/ Kittle a wash maybe. Other than that D line nowhere close, linebackers, D-backs, O line ? how about Jacobs? probably but they have3 and were 2nd in the league in rushing and D was top 5. People on this forum crying because Carr doesn't throw long. Look at the weak link Garrapallo Last in the league in yards per completion 6.7 yds. but, the team in #1 in yards after the completion. When he makes a mistake his D cleans it up. It's amazing what a QB can do when surrounded by talent in a very well designed offense. Carr has his issues and the Raiders appear to be at least a couple, 3 years away maybe so I don't know but, the raiders clearly have bigger problems than carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    At the end of the day, you can find video of Carr making bad reads on critical 3rd down plays.

How many years until Carr is ready to throw the ball to an open receiver on a 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter?

My concern is reading defenses can only be coached up to a certain extent. Some QBís just do not have the tachy psyche ability to process reads at game speed. The good ones can-Carr unfortunately cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Lol

Seriously?

I can find you every single starting QB making bad reads on any given down, critical or not critical

Stop nitpicking

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    My concern is reading defenses can only be coached up to a certain extent. Some QBís just do not have the tachy psyche ability to process reads at game speed. The good ones can-Carr unfortunately cannot.

Nobody cares about your concern

Carr is good at reading defenses. You cant just get a 70% completion rate if you can't "read" defenses

In fact Gruden praised him several times how well he's done reading defenses and changing the play at the line of scrimmage

Stop spreading fake news

If tannehill can win games without even passing for 100 yards... I think Carr is good enough to win, haha.

Bottom line, we can all agree we need more talent. Last draft was a good start, but we need to hit on this one big time. QB, WR, defense, offense... I donít care. Just make it count.

And coaching has to step up as well. Saying weíre not talented enough only goes so far.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Tannehill has come a long ways. He mobility would be a huge asset in Grudenís offense extending drives. He is making good decisions and hitting critical completions. I like it.

Vrabel has something going in Tennessee. They just went into two very difficult venues and upset two very good teams. Their running game is insane and defensively they are taking away opposing offenses best weapons. Tall order next week against the Chiefs but I like their chances.

I want the Raiders defense to be the priority. I think the jury should still be out on Guenther he comes from the Mike Zimmer school of defense I am interested to see what he can do as Mayock continues to bring in talent.

Defense 1st needs to be this off seasons mission statement.

Last edited by Proximo; 01-12-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Carr is playing the role of Mariotta here.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

We can do a lot better than Carr for less. There are a number of college QBís that could play as well or not better than Carr on their first contract.

Tua, Fromm, Ehlinger maybe Jalen Hurts. Steve Sarkisian has has stated that Tuaís football IQ is off the charts and I do place a lot of stock in the wonderlic.

Even the sensible Carr apologists concede that at best Carr is merely a placeholder for an upgrade.

Ideally if the Raiders can identify that QB and acquire him in the second using the first two picks on the defense or if Tua falls to a position to where the Raiders can trade up without surrendering their second 1st-nab him up.

There will also be some good veteran receivers on free agent market to shore up that position.

Last edited by Proximo; 01-12-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Carr is playing the role of Mariotta here.

-Stork

So in other words you are telling me Carr took a playoff roster and made it a bottom 10 team? You are very high on this roster.

The Raiders have a strong running back and a great OL. It shouldnít be a problem to find a guy to play up using those tools. Like Tannehill is in Tennessee.

Last edited by Proximo; 01-12-2020 at 11:45 AM.

The Raiders have a strong running back and a great OL. It shouldnít be a problem to find a guy to play up using those tools. Like Tannehill is in Tennessee.

Letís not strictly look at one side of the ball. Tennessee just went on the road and held the highest scoring offense to 12 points. Turnovers also led to 14 points. You can still win running the ball and taking care of it as a noted in the past, but it requires a steady defense.

Yes they have a strong running back. Offensive line? Injuries are part of it but, they struggled many times to open holes for the running game and, pass protection was at times non existent. "great?" for what they are getting paid, no-way. Inconsistent is a better description.