Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2904
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Itís not all on Gruden. Yes, the WR corps is below average but who is he going to get?

Carr has plenty of weapons you do the best you can with what you have. Many QBís would long to play behind the Raiders offensive line and be handing off to Jacobs. He isnít executing.

What is on Gruden is his failure to game plan around what the Raiders can do best offensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His weapons are tight ends and a rb going out of the back field. Those do not necessarily stretch the field, I am actually curious of opposing CB's ever need to turn around and run.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    His weapons are tight ends and a rb going out of the back field. Those do not necessarily stretch the field, I am actually curious of opposing CB's ever need to turn around and run.
    While I subscribe to the theory of the importance of challenging defensive secondaries deep; the Raiders under Gruden have never been know to take shots deep.

I keep repeating myself but it was my biggest complaint as a fan during Grudenís first stint with the team. Gannon showed that he had plenty of arm in Norv Turners offense and Gruden had James Jett who he completely under utilized.

Not sure what Grudenís aversion to taking shots deep is about but I suspect itís his effort to minimize 3rd and long situations.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Sorry....Another year won't work. That was last year's excuse. And if having a better receiver was the case, we still don't beat the Chiefs.
    Carr isnít the difference between winning and losing versus the Chiefs.

Kizer isnít going to beat the Chiefs by himself, either.

I forgot how young Kizer is. Heís only 23 and has been in the league three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Carr isnít the difference between winning and losing versus the Chiefs.
    I beg to differ. There's been several vs the Chiefs where our QB laid down and died while everyone else played a decent game. Many of those losses at Arrowhead fall squarely on DC IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I beg to differ. There's been several vs the Chiefs where our QB laid down and died while everyone else played a decent game. Many of those losses at Arrowhead fall squarely on DC IMO.
    Exactly-There were opportunities in the first Chiefs game. Carr botched them and our secondary fell apart in the 2nd qtr but it all starts with the QB.

I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and when he started to develop some consistency this season I wanted to believe.

But-the sample size of inconsistent and even substandard play is large enough to determine that 2016 was an outlier. Carr is what he is and itís not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I forgot how young Kizer is. Heís only 23 and has been in the league three seasons.

Oh wow...
    Dogdaddy

I know-he is a phenomenal athlete. Gruden should start him-see if he can energize the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    before we move on from Carr... (although I think if Tua drops in the draft we should draft him...)

QB Salaries next year.

Jared Goff 36M
    Matt Ryan 33.5M
    Ben Roethlisbrger 33.5M
    Aaron Rodgers 32.6M
    Matt Stafford 31.5M
    Kirk Cousins 31M
    Russel Wilson 31M
    immy Garoppolo 26.6M
    Joe Flacco!!!! 23.6M
    Nick Foles 21.9M
    Jacoby Brissett 21.5M
    DEREK CARR 21.5M
    Alex Smith!!!! 21.4M
    Cam Newton 21.1M
    Carson Wentz 18.6M (Rookie Contract)
    Andy Dalton 17.7M
    Drew Brees 15.9M

FA QBs and projected salaries
    Tom Brady (probably re-ups in NE at a discounted rate)
    Dak Prescott (close to 40M)
    Teddy Bridgewater (this one's tricky, but he'll be in the 35-40M range if he moves on from NO)
    Jameis Winston
    Marcus Mariota
    Ryan Tannehill
    Philip Rivers (done)
    Eli Manning (done)

If we want a TOP tier QB, be prepared to pay the dude 40M and cut that away from other parts of your roster. I think Derek's salary is more than a bargain for what he provides.
    What does Carr provide other than a losing record. Every year its a new excuse for why he isn't getting better.

If theirs none out there then how do they exist?

This is a two part problem,

A) You, we, want Carr gone

B) Someone has to play the position and are they an improvement?

I was just perusing the FA list and the salaries that those players command and Iím thinking there are two solutions,

A) Draft Carrís replacement

B) sit on Carr until a better replacement is available...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    This is a two part problem,

A) You, we, want Carr gone

B) Someone has to play the position and are they an improvement?

I was just perusing the FA list and the salaries that those players command and Iím thinking there are two solutions,

A) Draft Carrís replacement

B) sit on Carr until a better replacement is available...
    Honestly...Carr is starting to become a liability. I used to believe that he was the best option considering the veteran and NCAA market. I am not so sure now. Rookie QBís are developing in the pro game faster than ever. The NCAA and NFL have more commonality in offensive football than over before. If the Raiders lose to the Titans why not relegate Carr to backup and give the youngster an opportunity.

Who was out there saying nice things about Tannehill or Bridgewater last year?

There are viable options. We just need to be clever enough to find them.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Who was out there saying nice things about Tannehill or Bridgewater last year?

There are viable options. We just need to be clever enough to find them.

-Stork

I am still a Matt Moore fan.

[QUOTE=Proximo;33286327]Honestly...Carr is starting to become a liability. I used to believe that he was the best option considering the veteran and NCAA market. I am not so sure now. Rookie QBís are developing in the pro game faster than ever. The NCAA and NFL have more commonality in offensive football than over before. If the Raiders lose to the Titans why not relegate Carr to backup and give the youngster an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

They didnít move Kizer up just for ***** and giggles, if Carr is off today Kizer will play.

Weíve already seen Glennon and he was meh. When was the last time Gruden mentioned his boy Peterman? Kizer is the next man up...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...