Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 199 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2979
    I will make it worse for you guys lol.... While not hating on Carr... The reason why he extends one hand on that play is cause he is afraid of taking a hit. so he is trying to get most of his body tucked safely away, yet on the other hand trying to score by touching the pylon...

I would love to see how many pylon touchdowns are being extended by one arm on the ball.. The fact he doesn't dive with two hands with a direct route to the pylon kinda proves he isn't mentally or physically tough.

The press conference afterward, he's just "trying too hard". "Trying to do too much". Tries so damn hard "all his life". Awww. Poor guy.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Joe Burrow for QB 2020

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I will make it worse for you guys lol.... While not hating on Carr... The reason why he extends one hand on that play is cause he is afraid of taking a hit. so he is trying to get most of his body tucked safely away, yet on the other hand trying to score by touching the pylon...

I would love to see how many pylon touchdowns are being extended by one arm on the ball.. The fact he doesn't dive with two hands with a direct route to the pylon kinda proves he isn't mentally or physically tough.
    I have a better way for him to protect his body.....don't play.

Unfortunately, He is the best option... Trust me Kizer, Glennon and Peterson. Will not be any better then Carr... If I thought so I would be screaming to replace him. Gruden's offense is very complicated, Carr pretty much has a grasp of it. He does have all the tools other then the one or two idiot moments every game.

Unfortunately, He is the best option... Trust me Kizer, Glennon and Peterson. Will not be any better then Carr... If I thought so I would be screaming to replace him. Gruden's offense is very complicated, Carr pretty much has a grasp of it. He does have all the tools other then the one or two idiot moments every game.
    Then we are in a difficult situation. How do you continually start a guy who you know is going to make you think, will this be the moment he does something stupid. That's what I keep saying to myself.

Or sometimes he'll play an entire game like an idiot. Case in point, watch how he'll play in Arrowhead. Doesn't take Nostradamus to call that one. Best option on our roster? Sure. That's not saying much. He needs replaced nonetheless. And benched every time he succumbs to his idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I think you are making a lot of assumptions.

His play has waned since getting paid. Happens all the time.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah we disagree. I donít think his play has waned, If anything I think this is the best heís looked since entering the league. 2016 was an outlier because we had so many short fields and our defense was creating turnovers, with that we scored more and won more. We also were a top 5 rushing team that season and people seem not to remember that. His season was always overhyped that year simply because of team success. Iíd like to see a team that was top 5 in rushing and top 5 in creating turnovers that didnít win a lot of games. He got too much credit that season and so far has been much better this season.

Jeez...that did nothing but make me think less of Carr.

Drop dead legs.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

I've always been a Carr fan, and have taken up for him throughout his career. But the time has come. Not to move on from him, but to understand it is make or break for him. Coaches need to sit him down and tell him to put this team on his shoulders and win this MUST WIN game against Houston. And further more he needs to lead this team to the playoffs. He needs to understand that if he cant do that, the team will be looking at other options going forward. And if you think that's too much pressure to put on him, then know that he will never make it in a playoff game, let alone a superbowl. This coming draft is the draft for us to go after a QB if we are going to do so. Hoping he becomes the guy next year is not an option.

My point was if the team performs well Carr is talented enough to win games as that season showed. Heís not going to carry a below average cast very far and anyone believing that he can or even should be able to do so, Iíll ask you to give me evidence of the great QBs to do such a thing.

According to your earlier post, he required a level of play well above...íwellí.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I've always been a Carr fan, and have taken up for him throughout his career. But the time has come. Not to move on from him, but to understand it is make or break for him. Coaches need to sit him down and tell him to put this team on his shoulders and win this MUST WIN game against Houston. And further more he needs to lead this team to the playoffs. He needs to understand that if he cant do that, the team will be looking at other options going forward. And if you think that's too much pressure to put on him, then know that he will never make it in a playoff game, let alone a superbowl. This coming draft is the draft for us to go after a QB if we are going to do so. Hoping he becomes the guy next year is not an option.
    It is time to go to the next level.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    According to your earlier post, he required a level of play well above...íwellí.

-Stork

Letís not pretend the defense wasnít mediocre, they got lucky a lot. Letís also not pretend that our WRs didnít drop tons of passes that season. We still gave up a lot of points that season as well. This year the defense is even worse and we are playing .500 ball and Carr is playing at a higher level than he played that season. Football is a team sport, most things go hand in hand. We will not win our fair share of games without a little help from both sides of the ball. That season Carr did what needed to be done when it needed to be done, by leading game winning drives. The best we can hope for is that the team and Carr himself can put him in position to do the same thing this season.

I guess you can take a pile of **** and turn it into a negative or a positive, in this conversation you just choose the former, which is fine by me. I see both the good and the bad in a pile of ****. If you donít then youíve never been constipated.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Letís not pretend the defense wasnít mediocre, they got lucky a lot. Letís also not pretend that our WRs didnít drop tons of passes that season. We still gave up a lot of points that season as well. This year the defense is even worse and we are playing .500 ball and Carr is playing at a higher level than he played that season. Football is a team sport, most things go hand in hand. We will not win our fair share of games without a little help from both sides of the ball. That season Carr did what needed to be done when it needed to be done, by leading game winning drives. The best we can hope for is that the team and Carr himself can put him in position to do the same thing this season.

I guess you can take a pile of **** and turn it into a negative or a positive, in this conversation you just choose the former, which is fine by me. I see both the good and the bad in a pile of ****. If you donít then youíve never been constipated.
    You see, people do not remember penalties that killed drives or points. When I coached we would preach to lineman and the rest of the team that dropped catches and penalties were almost like turnovers -- technically we would say the were 0.5 turnover when we would calculate our turnover ratio. Carr deserves plenty of blame as the QB. I do not discount the amount of blame he earns. He pisses me off plenty, but I understand that he is not the sole factor. Others are fixated with the idea that a better QB would always equate to better performance by the Raiders. The last Super Bowl QB the Raiders had was Carson Palmer, who could do nothing with the Raiders. We saw the late great Al Davis chase super stars to the Raiders that amounted to nothing. To me, Carr is expendable. However, I am not going to lie to myself and say there is something better available to the Raiders given the history of QB's with the Raiders. Let's be honest, Raiders were never known for a flashy QB.

I understand most of this is due to frustration. Others are just plainly done with the Raiders overall, again, I do not blame them. The Raiders have been a failing franchise for almost 30 years now.

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1188...962152449?s=20

Like I said when the whole thing went down. He got a look at Carr up close and realized he needed to get the **** out by any means necessary.