Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 402 of 423 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 6335
  1. #6016
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    Something he has in common with Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. Damn scrubs.
    Iíd rather have Aikmans career then Marino and Kelly...Winning is everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #6017
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Iíd rather have Aikmans career then Marino and Kelly...Winning is everything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok so Trent Dilfer over Marino...got it.

  3. #6018
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,415
    What QB won by himself? I thought this was a team sport. I guess not

  4. #6019
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,806

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    What QB won by himself? I thought this was a team sport. I guess not
    Get a grip. It is a team sport but you started this nonsense when you compared Carr to QBís that either have rings or post season wins on their resume.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #6020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Get a grip. It is a team sport but you started this nonsense when you compared Carr to QBís that either have rings or post season wins on their resume.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah those QBs all had great teams. Point is Carr is a good QB on a very bad team

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6021
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Is that what I said? Lol
    It looked to me that you were selling him by picking stats to favor him over the others.
    If not, let's get it out in the open as to what you were trying to say? lol

  7. #6022
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,583
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    I can appreciate that this cake from CBS and not a carr fanatic, and I do like him, but seriously, he Hs more 4th quarter comebacks than Brees and more game winning drives than brady because those guys are good enough to already be winning in the fourth quarter.
    Good point. Let's hope Carr chewed that last win up and liked how it tasted. He must lead this team and win comfortably. 4th Quarter comebacks are great and game winning drives are awesome, but if you are only averaging 4-6 wins per season over the last six years, it doesn't mean much. I thought he played a very good game last week, a few kinks he needs to iron out, but overall a pretty good game. The line played even better.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  8. #6023
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,735
    Switch,

    We get it, youíre a Carr Fan. Thatís great. If the raiders can be slightly successful with him at the helm, it will have more to do with the assembly of players drafted and those signed to this team via free agency. Sure, Carr will anxiously make a play here or there and manage a few games towards victory but heís in no way a top 5 QB. Outside of 2016, heís more like top 20 QB. He had a good game though, enjoy it. You wonít convince anyone whoís been watching every game of his since heís been a raider that heís a top 5 quarterback, nice try though

  9. #6024
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,128
    Carr has 0 Moxie. What matters to me.

  10. #6025
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Good point. Let's hope Carr chewed that last win up and liked how it tasted. He must lead this team and win comfortably. 4th Quarter comebacks are great and game winning drives are awesome, but if you are only averaging 4-6 wins per season over the last six years, it doesn't mean much. I thought he played a very good game last week, a few kinks he needs to iron out, but overall a pretty good game. The line played even better.
    I was 100% on Carr bandwagon, even past 2016. Now itís less than that, but I still hope he can put it together and be ďthe guyĒ. Whatís infuriating about him is that he is good. I donít know if anyone who is unbiased can say he isnít good. But I donít know if heís great.

    Thereís an old adage that good is the enemy of great. At least if he is bad then itís easy to see, we move on and look for someone better. Heís definitely better than the case of characters weíve had post-Gannon (you can make an argument for Palmer, but talking about 0 moxie, that dude would take a knee every time someone was offsides!). I remember the one time it ended up being a lineman lined up wrong, and he just gave up on the play. Guys like Favre Rodgers, Manning, the great ones live for free plays! But I digress....

    I hope carr puts it together and leads us deep into the playoffs, and on the flip side, I hope that we arenít giving up on being great because carr never ends up being more than good.

    Itís a middle of the road take, I know, but itís all I got. Winning and losing is not all on him, but itís not all on the rest of the team either. Carr is not the Goat, not is he a bad quarterback who is at the root of all of our problems. The truth is (maddeningly) somewhere in the middle.

  11. #6026
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,539
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Carr has 0 Moxie. What matters to me.
    Under appreciated post.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #6027
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,583
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    I was 100% on Carr bandwagon, even past 2016. Now itís less than that, but I still hope he can put it together and be ďthe guyĒ. Whatís infuriating about him is that he is good. I donít know if anyone who is unbiased can say he isnít good. But I donít know if heís great.

    Thereís an old adage that good is the enemy of great. At least if he is bad then itís easy to see, we move on and look for someone better. Heís definitely better than the case of characters weíve had post-Gannon (you can make an argument for Palmer, but talking about 0 moxie, that dude would take a knee every time someone was offsides!). I remember the one time it ended up being a lineman lined up wrong, and he just gave up on the play. Guys like Favre Rodgers, Manning, the great ones live for free plays! But I digress....

    I hope carr puts it together and leads us deep into the playoffs, and on the flip side, I hope that we arenít giving up on being great because carr never ends up being more than good.

    Itís a middle of the road take, I know, but itís all I got. Winning and losing is not all on him, but itís not all on the rest of the team either. Carr is not the Goat, not is he a bad quarterback who is at the root of all of our problems. The truth is (maddeningly) somewhere in the middle.
    That is a fair take on the situation IMO. It's really up to him how far his talent goes, he needs to realize that and execute, get hungry and attack. There are times when a dump down or throw away are the right thing to do. There are also times when you have to put your foot on the gas and take the pole position no matter how dangerous it looks. (pardon the pun) Now is his time.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  13. #6028
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,415
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Switch,

    We get it, youíre a Carr Fan. Thatís great. If the raiders can be slightly successful with him at the helm, it will have more to do with the assembly of players drafted and those signed to this team via free agency. Sure, Carr will anxiously make a play here or there and manage a few games towards victory but heís in no way a top 5 QB. Outside of 2016, heís more like top 20 QB. He had a good game though, enjoy it. You wonít convince anyone whoís been watching every game of his since heís been a raider that heís a top 5 quarterback, nice try though
    Nice try with what exactly? Never did I claim he was a top 5 QB. Never did I see anyone claim he was a top 5 QB either.

  14. #6029
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Carr has 0 Moxie. What matters to me.
    What is mcgloin doing these days anyway?

  15. #6030
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,839
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    On another note, is anybody else off the Arden Key bandwagon? This kid sucks.
    I'm actually back on the Key train. He played decent with his limited amount of snaps he had.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 09-19-2020 at 02:43 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •