Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 399 of 423 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6335
    It wasnít me this time

I think we can win games with Carr as long as we stay healthy.

Our defense though. Yikes we need some improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    It wasnít me this time

I think we can win games with Carr as long as we stay healthy.

Our defense though. Yikes we need some improvements
    Yep-he got the win. Hopefully everyone can knock the rust off and play better next week.

Jacobs was a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    So now statistics matter? Lol ok

Carr played great. He did everything he was supposed to do. He didn't just play OK. He played smart and that TD to Nelson was a DIME.

22/30 (73%) to 9 different receivers
    239 yards
    1 TD
    107.5 Passer Rating

And he was credited with another 4th quarter comeback win

Where is Mariota btw?
    I have to agree with this. Even that first sentence. LOL
    Iíve given this a lot of thought, and Iíve realized that I donít like Carr. No matter how well he plays( and he played well today), I just donít like the guy. As long as any player plays well and helps the Raiders win, I will cheer them on and be happy that they are on ďmyĒ team. I donít need to like them. I hope Carr continues to play well and impose his will when it is needed. Iím done with this topic.

This is my issue. The fact that we squeeze out a win and all is attributed to Carr and his stats. Come on guys, he managed a game and we came out on top. He threw for one fín TD for ****s sake. He threw for under 300 yards, a mediocre stat in todayís football style of play. You guys are blowing up his play as if he were Russel Wilson or Mahomes.He played well enough for us to squeeze out a game. Jacobs did the majority of it. Heís a stud. Our defense stinks by the way. Letís refrain from anointing him football Jesus until he gets us to the playoffs please.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    This is my issue. The fact that we squeeze out a win and all is attributed to Carr and his stats. Come on guys, he managed a game and we came out on top. He threw for one fín TD for ****s sake. He threw for under 300 yards, a mediocre stat in todayís football style of play. You guys are blowing up his play as if he were Russel Wilson or Mahomes.He played well enough for us to squeeze out a game. Jacobs did the majority of it. Heís a stud. Our defense stinks by the way. Letís refrain from anointing him football Jesus until he gets us to the playoffs please.
    Meh, I'm content if he can become a consistent game manager. Take care of the ball, handle the audibles well, be accurate, make enough throws to keep the chains moving and defenses honest ...

A GOOD game manager isn't just any old chump. You only had to watch Jimmy G today to see how a few little mistakes by a "game manager" can easily cost you a game.

DC the guy who carries the load? That ship has sailed. DC becoming a good game manager? Yeah i think that's achievable. In fact it may be what he's better suited for. When he tries to do too much he often ends up screwing up (like the goal line fumbles).

Obviously we should be commending the defense for holding the other team to 30 points. If they do that again next week we have a chance. All we have to do is hand the ball off to Jacobs and his 3.7 yards per carry should be enough. Afterall Brees threw for a measly 160 yards this week on the same 30 attempts that Carr had.

By the way Mahomes threw for a earth shattering 211 yards on 32 attempts and Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran for 138 yards on the same amount of rushing attempts as Jacobs but nobody is saying that Mahomes was a game manager or that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the reason that KC won.

You just can't give Carr any credit no matter what. Carr wasn't exceptional but he was pretty damn good. All I hear from guys like you is it's about the wins. Well Carr led us to a win. Mission accomplished. On to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    Obviously we should be commending the defense for holding the other team to 30 points. If they do that again next week we have a chance. All we have to do is hand the ball off to Jacobs and his 3.7 yards per carry should be enough. Afterall Brees threw for a measly 160 yards this week on the same 30 attempts that Carr had.

By the way Mahomes threw for a earth shattering 211 yards on 32 attempts and Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran for 138 yards on the same amount of rushing attempts as Jacobs but nobody is saying that Mahomes was a game manager or that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the reason that KC won.

You just can't give Carr any credit no matter what. Carr wasn't exceptional but he was pretty damn good. All I hear from guys like you is it's about the wins. Well Carr led us to a win. Mission accomplished. On to next week.
    Well said. Carr haters will hate no matter what. They are still butt hurt how dead wrong they were about him

Dang... it was only the first game of the season, right?

Carolina looked like maybe the easiest game before the bye for us. We won. Weíre going to have to win in different ways. Run heavy. Pass heavy. And even mix. This game Jacobs carried us. Hopefully Carr can do the same when needed.

Also gotta remember that there were no preseason games. So while I am concerned with some things I saw, I compare this to game 3 of the preseason.

Itís time to move on from Carr

I am not comfortable leaving matters in the hands of our defense.

Letís be real about what happened yesterday. Jacobs outplayed McCaffrey the defense held on and the offense was bailed out by two timely pass interference calls.

Carr was serviceable-which was good enough to get the win.

Iím a pretty big Carr supporter and I donít believe he carried the team yesterday.

He could be a terrific game manager though.

If we ever unleash the O itíll be nice.

The small ball stuff is gonna struggle long term

I'm going to leave it at this: if Carr and the offense played equal or as bad as the defense played, yes, this is a loss. A HUGE loss. Not even close.

I'm tough on Carr, but give credit when it's due. That's what's wrong with people in this country. Everyone takes a side and argues their side to the bitter end without any give. That shouldn't happen in the Raider Nation. Hate the bad, but acknowledge the good when it happens. That's all I ask.

Carr played well, protected the ball all day. Very happy, This offense is going to get better every game.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Iím a pretty big Carr supporter and I donít believe he carried the team yesterday.

He could be a terrific game manager though.
    People dump on game managers, but there's game managers who are limited in what they can do, and there's game managers who can make tough throws but pick their spots. I think Carr would be pretty good if he disciplines himself to do the latter. At this point, I don't know that I want him to carry the load by chucking it all over ... with our OL and Jacobs that's not what we need.

If we ever unleash the O itíll be nice.

The small ball stuff is gonna struggle long term
    There's nothing to unleash if the WRs don't play better. When the best thing you can say about guys like Edwards is they had a nice game blocking for the run, that's not a recipe for a powerhouse offense.

And with our D, small ball (with a few deep shots to keep teams honest) is maybe the only way to keep games in hand. I'm glad they got a couple deep attempts to Ruggs on film for teams to think about.

There is nothing wrong with being a game manager at QB in fact out of all the QBís making franchise QB money only a handful are true franchise QB.

Carr was solid yesterday. He took care of the football, didnít take any sacks and threw a nice TD pass. Did he carry the team? No-with Jacobs running as he did he didnít have to.

Heís gonna end up somewhere between trash can Carr and MVP

Making all of our arguments moot

Damnit