Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 378 of 388 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 5806
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Remember when Jason Campbellís best WR was DHB and still won 8 games..
    Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly McFadden had his best season that year.

Not taking anything away from Campbell, just felt it was a factor that helped the team and him have success.

My memory could be off tho. It wonít take long to slap me down if Iím incorrect.
    Last edited by a60rdie; 05-10-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Fair enough. I think itís better to say that carr is not your type of QB. Bringing gruden into this is assumptuous.

I donít think we can fully judge Carr on a few plays. And that goes both ways. But I definitely donít think we can compare Carr to Gannon until the rest of the team is as good as Gannonís was. You say Gannon never threw the call away into the stands. But Iíd guess that the Gannon you remember, is not the same Gannon fans of the teams he played on before us remember. On the bad teams- Gannon probably wasnít your type if QB either.
    What are you talking about? We are all making assumptions.

I never said Carr was anything. I opined on what QBís seem to thrive under Gruden and which ones have not. I drew my own conclusion and offered it on this forum. If you disagree great. I will not call you out as clueless or even care to change your mind.

I am a Raiders fan. I didnít follow Rich Gannonís career very closely before he laced them up for the Silver & Black so I donít know what kind of QB he was before and frankly do not care. I know what he was as a Raider and he didnít quit on plays.

I have never rooted for any Raiders QB to fail so donít speculate on what my type of QB is.

Are you talking in a span of two seasons? You realize he was benched for four games one year and injured after six the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    What are you talking about? We are all making assumptions.

I never said Carr was anything. I opined on what QBís seem to thrive under Gruden and which ones have not. I drew my own conclusion and offered it on this forum. If you disagree great. I will not call you out as clueless or even care to change your mind.

I am a Raiders fan. I didnít follow Rich Gannonís career very closely before he laced them up for the Silver & Black so I donít know what kind of QB he was before and frankly do not care. I know what he was as a Raider and he didnít quit on plays.

I have never rooted for any Raiders QB to fail so donít speculate on what my type of QB is.

What am I talking about? What the heck are you talking about?

My original statement was that I donít get the ďCarr is not a gruden type QBĒ take. That implies gruden does not like carrs strengths and skill set. If Iím understanding that wrong, let me know.

I did not come out saying Iím sure gruden is completely happy with Carr. But if someone makes a claim (that carr is not a gruden type QB) I ask why. Thatís just logical. And if there is no clear evidence, when grudenís actions contradict or, then Iím not assuming anything. Iím just questioning the original assumption.

I apologize if you donít like me saying that itís your belief... but if there is no evidence of gruden not being happy with the type of QB Carr is, then I have to question where those statements really come from.

And as for your last statement- you can still root for a player to succeed while criticizing him. I never said you wanted carr to fail. So are you saying carr is your type of QB? Iím really not sure why else me taking your statements as such would offend you if he isnít.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Are you talking in a span of two seasons? You realize he was benched for four games one year and injured after six the other.
    He started what 12-13 games in 2010 (2011 he won 4 out of his 6 starts)and was 5-3 vs playoff teams in his time as a Raider... my point was finding a way to win with minimal weapons, A6ordie is right that was McFaddens best season as a Raider and he also only played 13 games.

Carr has 0 excuse to produce wins this season, this has to be the most offensive weapons loaded Raiders team since Gannon and the early 00ís.
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 05-10-2020 at 05:52 PM.

I think the one thing we all agree on is that carr has no excuses this year.

He started what 12-13 games in 2010 (2011 he won 4 out of his 6 starts)and was 5-3 vs playoff teams in his time as a Raider... my point was finding a way to win with minimal weapons, A6ordie is right that was McFaddens best season as a Raider and he also only played 13 games.

Carr has 0 excuse to produce wins this season, this has to be the most offensive weapons loaded Raiders team since Gannon and the early 00ís.
    For sure, much of that credit goes to Hue Jackson as well (as much as he went power crazy in 2011). Jackson was able to get enough out of 3 different QB's in two years to be 8-8 both years. However, the Raiders defense was no pushover as well, if you look at yards allowed, turnover differential. If the offense was more stable those two years, the Raiders likely would have been a 10 win team in both.

McFadden had a great year in 2010 just with just under 1200 yards rushing and 500 receiving. So McFadden was actually the only consistent player they had on offense. Zach Miller being the top receiver year in 2010. Although, DHB was just shy of 1000 yards his second year, that receiving core was very thin I agree.

Jason Campbell
    2010 7-5-0 194/329 59.0%Comp 2387Yards 13TD 8INT
    2011 4-2-0 100/165 60.6% Comp 1170Yards 6TD 4INT

What I liked about Campbell is that he was a great game manager. At the time, the Raiders really needed that. Campbell averaged 1 TD per game and an INT every other but that is all he needed to do. I wish that he had the opportunity to play again for the Raiders. Palmer proved to be a costly mistake.

Those were decent years, sad that we have to highlight a couple 8-8 seasons the last 20y.... we desperately need another winning season. This team is set up for success this season and really rooting for Carr to lead this team into playoffs contention. That week 1 game is very important and itís going to really show if we improved with our pass coverage from our LBís.... McCaffery is an absolute stud and a pass catching beast.... canít start the season 1-4 and still have confidence in Carr....

And my stomach turned thinking about that horrible Palmer trade again

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think the one thing we all agree on is that carr has no excuses this year.
    Unfortunately, there is a faction that will make excuses for him no matter what.

Anyone miss the Aaron Brooks era?

Iím more optimistic about this season due to us having better depth. Still some holes defensively, but FA addressed a couple and the draft appears to have helped, potentially to address a few others. There are still a few areas where we could use some depth, but if the injury bug doesnít bite too hard we could have a positive season. It is definitely a put up or ship out season for Carr if Ruggs, Bailey and Bowden can make their mark quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Unfortunately, there is a faction that will make excuses for him no matter what.
    4 soy boys as a matter of fact.

Pos Player Age Yrs GS Summary of Player Stats Drafted (tm/rnd/yr)
    Offensive Starters
    QB Jason Campbell 29 4 12 194 for 329, 2,387 yards, 13 td, 8 int, & 47 rushes for 222 yards and 1 td Washington Redskins / 1st / 25th pick / 2005

If Carr plays like this you will all go ape ****!!!

BTW Louis Murphy was a far better all around WR

WR Louis Murphy 23 1 9 41 catches for 609 yards, 2 td, & 1 rush for 43 yards and 0 td Oakland Raiders / 4th / 124th pick / 2009WR

Darrius Heyward-Bey 23 1 14 26 catches for 366 yards, 1 td, & 4 rushes for 48 yards and 0 td Oakland Raiders / 1st / 7th pick / 2009