Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 497 of 516 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 7726
    Oh man I will die laughing at all of you if they give Carr an extension. How the tables have turned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    well if he is not the QB of the future why give him a max extension? Is it worth investing 100+ million in him again to save 10 million this year? You give him a big contract and 2-3 years from now he will have some dead money that will count against the cap. We are not 1 year away from winning a title. We are 3-5 years away. I would rather trade him and get draft picks and build the defense. During those 2-3 years our D will develop into a top 10 defense hopefully and by then Ruggs/Jacobs would be hitting their prime. Then we can be like the Donkeys from a few years ago and sign Rodgers or someone else that can lead us to a championship then and hopefully have drafted his replacement and developed him during those 2-3 years. I am a big Carr supporter but this team isn't winning anytime soon.
    Signing Carr to a contract extension this offseason doesnít mean you canít move on from him rather quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Oh man I will die laughing at all of you if they give Carr an extension. How the tables have turned.
    Well, then we wouldnít have to hear your excuses for him anymore. Win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Well, then we wouldnít have to hear your excuses for him anymore. Win win situation.

What excuses? This thread is epic. Where are the rest of the clowns from the begining of this thread?
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Laughing at whom? If he is extended he earned it and he is back in the saddle. Iím pleased.

If you want to wear my off the cusp comments on your sig as your little gold star-I guess everyone gets a trophy these days.

They will probably make around 40/50 mil in cap room, with cuts. Put 20 mil, saved from a Carr extension, on top of that. Im betting we spend big on the defense, in FA. They are going to put faith that Bradley can make big strides with the players he needs. Plus Gruden uses some of that saved money, from Carr's extension, for a shiny new toy on the offense. They know they need to win now, or Mark may actually be forced to fire em. I can't complain; I'd love to see them go big or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    They will probably make around 40/50 mil in cap room, with cuts. Put 20 mil, saved from a Carr extension, on top of that. Im betting we spend big on the defense, in FA. They are going to put faith that Bradley can make big strides with the players he needs. Plus Gruden uses some of that saved money, from Carr's extension, for a shiny new toy on the offense. They know they need to win now, or Mark may actually be forced to fire em. I can't complain; I'd love to see them go big or go home.
    I highly doubt Carr is extended here and if he was it wouldnít save us 20 m in cap hit.

I'm pretty sure they are working on an extension.. If they had any intentions of trading him. You would not hear leaks from multiple teams saying they called and were told he isn't available. Carr is going to be our QB for the next 3 years in the least. What the extension will be is a big signing bonus that will lower his cap and spread it Probably save about 11 million this year. I still think they redo, Joyner and Williams as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I highly doubt Carr is extended here and if he was it wouldnít save us 20 m in cap hit.
    They could save a good chunk of a cap hit though if they were to convert some of his base salary into a signing bonus as part of the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are working on an extension.. If they had any intentions of trading him. You would not hear leaks from multiple teams saying they called and were told he isn't available. Carr is going to be our QB for the next 3 years in the least. What the extension will be is a big signing bonus that will lower his cap and spread it Probably save about 11 million this year. I still think they redo, Joyner and Williams as well.
    I agree completely about Carr...I donít think they restructure Williams, theyíve already decided to release him according to reports. Joyner and Brown will be interesting. I could see both being cut but I could also see both getting restructured because neither will get anything close to what they are making now, on the open market if they were cut.

Iíve seen split reporting on the subject.

My thoughts? The Raiders scored at least 20 points in 14/15 games Carr played. They lost 2 games despite scoring 27+ points. They scored 30+ 7 times with Carr.

Carr had a playoff caliber season but heís been anchored with a #1 overall pick caliber defense. Spend money on the defense and this team wins 10+ games.

That's why I think Williams gets restructured, He is gonna get about 3 million on the street. He had a good rep with Carr before being injured and he was good in the redzone. He hasn't officially been released which I think shows that they have interest... I am thinking a 1 year, 3 million with 2 in incentives.

Brown should be cut. He is a cancer. He makes AB look like a angel when it comes to complaining over social media. For the money we are paying him we can find someone to give us more production then he has. Plus I can't see giving the guy any kind of guaranteed money, Unless it is low for one year.

There's no way they give that many picks to get anyone else. If they wanted to trade him. they would have done it last year. Regardless, I'm sure there would be a number of teams that would gladly take him. Sorry, save the draft picks and the extra money for Watson, and get some decent defensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Amen.

Cross Watson off the list. We're not on his 3 team list. Bye!