Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast

Derek Carr Discussion: Vol. 2

Discuss

Previous thread

...or not.

"...prone to stoogery.".

You need to rename this thread, Carr G.O.A.T

Thank you!

If the self proclaimed "natural leader" would "speak life into them" and LEAD the team down the field in a two minute offense I might start believing in the guy.
    Its not what I have seen though, so until he shows he can do that....

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    If the self proclaimed "natural leader" would "speak life into them" and LEAD the team down the field in a two minute offense I might start believing in the guy.
    Not trying to start an argument, but he has shown that quite a few times. My issue with him remains his consistency, I don't question and his work ethic and drive.

Not sure if sarcasm but he's done just that. Not just once but a few times. What games have you been watching?

My only concern is his ability to get off to a good start. There's been a few games that I thought where we had a shot to win, and the int's in the early possessions made us have to play catch up.

Consistency is what I want from him. He needs to put together longer stretches of great play.

Carr is progressing just fine! We need him to manage games and not win shoot outs anyway...We need to have a balanced team throughout and have the defense makes some damn plays too.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Carr is progressing just fine! We need him to manage games and not win shoot outs anyway...We need to have a balanced team throughout and have the defense makes some damn plays too.
    To go along with what you meantioned we may see Carr not improve stat wise but we should see an overall improvement of decision making and knowing when to take risks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    To go along with what you meantioned we may see Carr not improve stat wise but we should see an overall improvement of decision making and knowing when to take risks or not.
    He has eluded to just that point himself. I would rather go down swinging than checking down. Its all about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Not sure if sarcasm but he's done just that. Not just once but a few times. What games have you been watching?
    How about his last game? Screw the stats and take some chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDXNQIrF4Y

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    How about his last game? Screw the stats and take some chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDXNQIrF4Y
    He definitely looks lost and makes ya go "huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    He definitely looks lost and makes ya go "huh?"
    I watched that whole video. Although not perfect he made some good throws. That back shoulder to Roberts and that TD throw to Crabtree while getting hit were great throws. Our offensive line was really bad that game. Couldn't protect Carr to save his life. Its easy to make bad throws when constantly under pressure. I will give you that some of the throws were on him and some weren't great then that drop off at the end there wasnt going to give us a chance to win the game. Nothing from this game would make me think lesser of him though.

Seeing this discussion go on for a while now. It is interesting the narratives people use. These are the TL;DR opinions of Carr threads. People seem to fit into one - though there are grey areas among them:

1) Thinks Carr is horrible. Believes there are better QBs on the roster. When no constructive criticism, relies on ad hominem remarks and cherry-picked stats. Secretly roots for Carr to fail so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

2) Thinks Carr has potential but is lacking on some aspects. Believes Carr needs plenty of growth to do before he is a full-fledged starter. When no constructive criticism, does not post. Roots for Carr to progress so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

3) Thinks Carr is GOAT. Hides all Carr's mistakes as a team problem. When no constructive criticism, relies on ad hominem remarks and cherry-picked stats. Secretly roots for the backup QB to fail so they can "I-told-you-so" on threads.

I believe the great majority fit into the second. Either way, always love the passion everyone brings to the forum. Keep the discussion going.
    Last edited by bulldog2683; 08-07-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Forgot a word ;)

Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast