Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2962
    If the Raiders make the playoffs, Carr will be your QB in Vegas.

If the Raiders are 9-7... 50-50

If the Raiders are 7-8 wins... Should be gone.

If the Raiders lose out. Gone.
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If the Raiders make the playoffs, Carr will be your QB in Vegas.

If the Raiders are 9-7... 50-50

If the Raiders are 7-8 wins... Should be gone.

If the Raiders lose out. Gone.
    I agree, I think Gruden would feel that a few more pieces and Car should be more competitive. But....even Gruden can run out of patience.

If I would of thought about it, Let me know if anyone wants to sign Cam Newton... So I may block you as well...

I do think we win the next 3 of 4... But, I still think Gruden will take a step back and look at what can be.. And if Alex can play, Then I can see him moving on from Carr... That is the only guy out there I can see him interested in. And that is if the Redskins release him. I would say Fitz, But I don't think Miami lets him go, And he would like to stay in the Florida area. Plus Gruden had no interest in him this year.

We also don't know where Peterson is at yet either, Gruden loves the guy.. He may also be someone that he takes a hard look at.

As far as Carr... I still don't think the book has been closed on what he could be.

Anything short of the playoffs should cue the executioner, Carr is who he is love him or hate him.

Which way does the wind blow in the locker room if he stays? That should be the litmus test, I donít want to lose the interest of our core as it stands. We already have a hole bigger than the next draft can fill and for gosh sakes, if we jettison Carr we had better spend some of that cash on a pass rush and middle linebacker...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Anything short of the playoffs should cue the executioner, Carr is who he is love him or hate him.

Which way does the wind blow in the locker room if he stays? That should be the litmus test, I donít want to lose the interest of our core as it stands. We already have a hole bigger than the next draft can fill and for gosh sakes, if we jettison Carr we had better spend some of that cash on a pass rush and middle linebacker...
    ...we jettison Carr *and* spend some of that cash on a pass rush and middle linebacker.

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Lol, was a great plan 4 years ago.

Itís now an imperative.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

At this point... Andy Dalton would be an upgrade.

I've slowly resigned to the writing on the wall that with Carr's recent play, hes on the way out. I won't be surprised if Chicago swoops him up with the Khalil connection.

I feel like I am the only one who sees it. Social media, NFL pundits, family and friends all blame Carr. Its madness to me.

Josh McDaniels, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Kyle Shannahan (premier offensive playcallers) flourish with whoever is at QB, and who ever are at the skill positions. These guys manipulate defenses. Derek isn't the one calling the formation or plays, he is merely trying to execute what Gruden calls in to him in. Its night and day to me when we play truly great offensive teams how the opposing qb's are throwing to wide open receivers, while Carr dumps it off or kills the play only to see in replay everyone is covered.

If we get rid of Carr so be it. Hes had his opportunity, and one good season in 5 doesn't cut it. But I am not going to be surprised when the next guy up continues to struggle because our offense playcaller is calling plays like its late 90's early 20's, and today's defensive players read that **** like a 1st grade book.

Post Edit: I've always been tempted to buy the All-22 package that the NFL offers to see the wide view of these games, but can't swallow the pill of giving my money to the NFL for what amounts to taking my football passion to an unnecessary level lol.
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    I've slowly resigned to the writing on the wall that with Carr's recent play, hes on the way out. I won't be surprised if Chicago swoops him up with the Khalil connection.

I feel like I am the only one who sees it. Social media, NFL pundits, family and friends all blame Carr. Its madness to me.

Josh McDaniels, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Kyle Shannahan (premier offensive playcallers) flourish with whoever is at QB, and who ever are at the skill positions. These guys manipulate defenses. Derek isn't the one calling the formation or plays, he is merely trying to execute what Gruden calls in to him in. Its night and day to me when we play truly great offensive teams how the opposing qb's are throwing to wide open receivers, while Carr dumps it off or kills the play only to see in replay everyone is covered.

If we get rid of Carr so be it. Hes had his opportunity, and one good season in 5 doesn't cut it. But I am not going to be surprised when the next guy up continues to struggle because our offense playcaller is calling plays like its late 90's early 20's, and today's defensive players read that **** like a 1st grade book.

Post Edit: I've always been tempted to buy the All-22 package that the NFL offers to see the wide view of these games, but can't swallow the pill of giving my money to the NFL for what amounts to taking my football passion to an unnecessary level lol.
    The All-22 would be great to have, but I won't give them my money either! All I can go by is what I've seen live every year in Arrowhead (except this last one) when I can see the entire field. Every year, I saw time and time again receivers running wide open down field only for Carr to dump it off to someone double covered at the LOS. That's why I never fully bought into the idea that Cooper disappeared in games. From my perspective, it was Carr who disappeared. Other games might have been different, but not in KC. His inability to improvise or buy time, terrible pocket presence, gives up on plays sooner than necessary...not going to cut it in a league where talent exists in guys like Mahomes and Jackson. The play call, the execution, the protection must all be perfect it seems, or he'll bail out.

I don't give Gruden a full pass either, but Carr has been pretty much the same no matter the HC or playcaller. He's a highly paid weak link IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    The All-22 would be great to have, but I won't give them my money either! All I can go by is what I've seen live every year in Arrowhead (except this last one) when I can see the entire field. Every year, I saw time and time again receivers running wide open down field only for Carr to dump it off to someone double covered at the LOS. That's why I never fully bought into the idea that Cooper disappeared in games. From my perspective, it was Carr who disappeared. Other games might have been different, but not in KC. His inability to improvise or buy time, terrible pocket presence, gives up on plays sooner than necessary...not going to cut it in a league where talent exists in guys like Mahomes and Jackson. The play call, the execution, the protection must all be perfect it seems, or he'll bail out.

I don't give Gruden a full pass either, but Carr has been pretty much the same no matter the HC or playcaller. He's a highly paid weak link IMO.
    I don't disagree with you per see Chibbe. I wish I could see the clips you're referencing ( not that I would want you to scour the internet to find them). Carr definitely has had bad moments where he's missed wide open WR's, but I don't feel its something that has happened more or less than it being **** play calls.

I'll counter with a couple statements. KC has kicked most the league's *** since Reid as taken over. They are perennial contenders, and KC is a tough place to play. The fact that KC is in our division, is a unique glaring blemish on Carr.

Mahomes has one of the best playcallers in the 2000's, and Greg Roman tailor fits his offense to Lamar's strengths just as he did it for Kaepernick when they went on that four year run. Mahomes, and Lamar are uber talented. But if you give them Olsen, Mugrave, Downing, and Gruden I doubt that they play to the level they are playing at right now. And if Derek were moreso in Andy's system, he would be a much better version of Alex Smith who continually won 10 games a year. He wouldn't be as good as Mahomes, dude is unreal. But I believe Derek would be talked about as a top 5 QB in Reid's offense.

The Raiders have had 10+ HC's, 10+ QB's, countless bottom ranked defenses, and however many coordinators' since 2003. We have gotten rid of the best DE, WR, and soon to be best QB we have had in that span. Meanwhile Andy Reid has made two organizations perennial contenders because hes an offensive wizard. Add in Sean Payton, Josh McDaniels, and newly minted wizard Kyle Shanahan who shredded us with that backup qb mullens, and is dominating with a good qb in Garrapolo.

Has Derek been terrible these past two weeks? Yes, dreadful. Has Derek been terrible in KC? Yes, dreadful. But the teams that win in KC and win consistently are lead by either great defenses, or offensive wizard coordinators. Derek hasn't had any of that. But he definitely has missed some throws in KC and other games.

Post Edit: I expect Derek to be gone. But I expect the offensive problems to continue. The Russell Wilsons, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson's, are supremely talented qb's in great organizations. If you think we can just draft a young qb, or bring in a hungry vet who wants to resurrect their career who will flourish, than you haven't been paying attention to how the Raiders operate these past 16 years.
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 06:05 PM.

All 22 just made me realise itís chess even more and players simply execute their roles. There are very few players who transcend that

Plus there really are penalties on every play

Steve gets it. What Iíve been trying to say for awhile now. No need in spending for a new QB or drafting one high thinking thatís going to fix all the issues we have with this team and roster. They will have the same struggles that our current QB is having, then we will be back on the same carousel we were before Carr came about.

Itís not that Carr has been great itís just illogical not to look at this point and see the issues that has hurt this organization since the early 2000ís. The very same thing haunted Gruden in TB. Changing QBs every year or two as one failed after another whether it was young prospects or proven veterans. When that is the case you have to realize that the issue may very well not be the QB, but the quality of the organization as a whole from the Owner through to the 53rd man on the roster.

When your QB is a quitter, you have a problem. And that isnít an attempt at exonerating Gruden, who is also a problem.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    When your QB is a quitter, you have a problem. And that isnít an attempt at exonerating Gruden, who is also a problem.

-Stork

Quitters tend to not be on the team they quit. Antonio Brown was a quitter. Bruce Irvin was a quitter. Randy Moss was a quitter. Jerry Porter was a quitter. Rolando McClain was a quitter. Tommy Kelly was a quitter. Javon Walker was a quitter. Jamarcus Russell was quitter. On and On.

These guys pissed on us during and after their tenure with us. I haven't seen that from Carr yet. All I see is someone owning up to his play, and declaring he loves being apart of the organization.

Quitters tend to not be on the team they quit. Antonio Brown was a quitter. Bruce Irvin was a quitter. Randy Moss was a quitter. Jerry Porter was a quitter. Rolando McClain was a quitter. Tommy Kelly was a quitter. Javon Walker was a quitter. Jamarcus Russell was quitter. On and On.

These guys pissed on us during and after their tenure with us. I haven't seen that from Carr yet. All I see is someone owning up to his play, and declaring he loves being apart of the organization.
    Perhaps your powers of perception arenít up to the task?

Itís painfully obvious.

-Stork

-tippa irie