Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 135 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2988
  1. #2011
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    I have always been an Alex Smith fan-his career is a cautionary tale of how constant changes in coaching and systems will stymie a young QBís development.

    He was playing very well for Harbaugh until a concussion put him on the bench. Harbaugh then tried to steal a Super Bowl with Kaepís speed before game film and defensive coordinatorís caught up with his [Kaep] game.

    Alex always played well against the Raiders.

    Alex Smithís injury could be a career killer. He is busting his *** and is already throwing but players generally donít return from an injury of that magnitude. I wish him the best-he is one tenacious dude.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 12-03-2019 at 02:13 PM.

  2. #2012
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,833
    He just might get another chance if Gruden gets an itch. BTW, if we lose 3 of the last 4, I can see Gruden moving on from Carr.

  3. #2013
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    He just might get another chance if Gruden gets an itch. BTW, if we lose 3 of the last 4, I can see Gruden moving on from Carr.
    Well...Rich Gannon was 34 when Gruden brought him to the Raiders and sent Jeff George packing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #2014
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,539
    Alex Smith or Cam Newton

    You guys....

  5. #2015
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Alex Smith or Cam Newton

    You guys....
    Newton is as soft or softer than Charmin. That would be disastrous.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  6. #2016
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    14,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Alex Smith or Cam Newton

    You guys....
    Alex Smith by far. He's a good QB that can make all the throws. Newton is a conniption or a pouty session waiting to happen.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  7. #2017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    14,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sam Seale-Iíll remember his botched kick off return as long as I live. That was the final nail in the coffin for the Raiders.

    That game is the only game where I was 100% certain the Raiders would win. Been a pessimist ever since-lol...

    Only good that came from that loss was Matt Millen punching out Billy Sullivan post game.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I loved Millen. That guy played hard, was tough as nails.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  8. #2018
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Newton is as soft or softer than Charmin. That would be disastrous.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to mention he is a terrible teammate. Itís all about Cam.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I loved Millen. That guy played hard, was tough as nails.
    Me as well-converted DT to MLB. He and Reggie Kinlaw were very underrated outside of their teammates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #2020
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Duplicate post

  11. #2021
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,934
    Pass
    Last edited by donofdacourts; 12-03-2019 at 07:04 PM.

  12. #2022
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,539
    No way Iíd take either

    Newton can kick rocks
    Alex I like as a person and he was a good game manager

    Heís beyond his years

  13. #2023
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    No way Iíd take either

    Newton can kick rocks
    Alex I like as a person and he was a good game manager

    Heís beyond his years
    I am starting to wonder if building around a ďgame managerĒ isnít a bad strategy. I mean the financial risk is negligible. It allows teams to build and pay for a good defensive and offensive talent and typically that type of QB isnít a liability with turnovers.

    Troy Aikman was essentially a game manager in Dallas. He only exceeded 20 TD passes in a season once and never exceeded 3,500 yards passing. Pretty pedestrian even for that era. Not arguing that thar he isnít a HOF QB-but he did what was asked of him in Dallas which was to distribute the ball amongst the play makers and not turn it over.

    Not a bad approach.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2024
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I am starting to wonder if building around a ďgame managerĒ isnít a bad strategy. I mean the financial risk is negligible. It allows teams to build and pay for a good defensive and offensive talent and typically that type of QB isnít a liability with turnovers.

    Troy Aikman was essentially a game manager in Dallas. He only exceeded 20 TD passes in a season once and never exceeded 3,500 yards passing. Pretty pedestrian even for that era. Not arguing that thar he isnít a HOF QB-but he did what was asked of him in Dallas which was to distribute the ball amongst the play makers and not turn it over.

    Not a bad approach.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Derek Carr is a ball less game manager

    Heís no playmaker

    Supposed to be the 70% safe bet guy

  15. #2025
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Derek Carr is a ball less game manager

    Heís no playmaker

    Supposed to be the 70% safe bet guy
    Yeah-I agree. You would ideally like your game manager to be a strong leader and smart with the football but capable of taking some shots deep once in awhile. Jimmy Plunkett was a game manager-especially later in his career. 1st and 2nd down were all Marcus Allen anything more than 3rd and 5 would be Todd Christensen.

    A lot of game manager type QBís have won Super Bowls and some are in the HOF.

    Bob Greise, Jim Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Troy Aikman, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Russell Wilson (early in his career), Peyton Manning (last season of his career), Joe Flacco-those were the ones I could think of at first blush.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •