Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 328 of 384 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5760
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Iíd like to say Iíd be surprised if Carr were still here past draft weekend, but Gruden is a moronic personnel guy...so who knows.

However, Mariottaís presence on the roster cannot speak positively to the confidence the team has in Carr.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 weeks away, and that will mark 6 years everybody's been butting heads over this guy. LOL

Cheers.

Lol, I thought my tirades about Al and McFadden were lengthy.

Peanuts when compared with Charmin.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Thats some funny s...

This article is interesting. Authored by Levi Damien, a Carr apologist from a-way back.

Some highlights:

NFL talent evaluator thinks Marcus Mariota 'starts 10-plus games' for Raiders, exec sees 'Rich Gannon comparison'

When NFL executives and coaches are allowed to speak on the condition of anonymity, you tend to get something as close to the truth as they see it as possible. Mike Sando of The Athletic spoke to several NFL executives asking them was they thought of every teamís free-agent hauls. The executive who spoke on the Raiders had some very interesting things to say about the addition of former Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota.

ďI think Mariota starts 10-plus games for them and fits well with what Jon Gruden wants to do,Ē

...ďIf Jon loved Derek Carr, why is Marcus Mariota there?..."

He raises a very good point. One that canít be denied. In previous years, the Raiders signed clear backups for Derek Carr. He was the clearcut starter and his job has never been threatened before. That changed with Mariota signing, especially considering he was given a contract that has literally $30 million in incentives should he become the starter. This doesnít happen if the Raiders are still all in with Carr."

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/202...on-comparison/

I don't know that he'll start 10 games, but he likely WILL start when the weather turns chilly. IMO If Gruden starts the Carr at Arrowhead, he needs his friggin head examined.
    I don't think Gruden truly ever loved any QB he's on their arse morning noon and night. Listen to what past QBs say about him. Constantly looking for better QB play over everything else. Mariota is here to fix our redzone issues primarily its what killed us last season. Mariota is quite useless as an NFL passer. However in the redone he's a nightmare for D's

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    I don't think Gruden truly ever loved any QB he's on their arse morning noon and night. Listen to what past QBs say about him. Constantly looking for better QB play over everything else. Mariota is here to fix our redzone issues primarily its what killed us last season. Mariota is quite useless as an NFL passer. However in the redone he's a nightmare for D's
    On the flipside, aside from Gannon, he's had some crap QBs. And yes, some were his choice, as Stork said above and I think you and I would agree, he's not a great personnel guy. But maybe he was hard on them for a reason. If Chris Simms was a better QB, maybe Gru wouldn't have been on his arse so much.

So you believe it will be Carr between the 20's and Marcus in the red zone? Haha we'll see I guess.

It was very prudent to bring in Mariota IMO. Heís either going to push Carr to become better and step his game up, or heís going to replace him and give us a different dynamic/look at the position.

Either way I trust Mayock and Gruden to do whatís right, I believe they arenít resting on their laurels and that you have to be aggressive/creative if youíd like to contend. I also believe that after taking another receiver in the draft, weíll have the system/personnel in place that would allow whichever QB we start a good chance to succeed.

I think mariota is here an option opening signing. With mariota, we can start carr and if he underperforms, we have an viable option as a starter.

We can also see whoís there when we draft. If a player we like falls to us, we draft that QB. Letís say Tua for example. With mariota, we can go into next season with Tua and mariota, and all is good. So weíd then be able to trade Carr.

Without mariota, drafting a player like Tua would make it a bigger mess.

On the flipside, aside from Gannon, he's had some crap QBs. And yes, some were his choice, as Stork said above and I think you and I would agree, he's not a great personnel guy. But maybe he was hard on them for a reason. If Chris Simms was a better QB, maybe Gru wouldn't have been on his arse so much.

So you believe it will be Carr between the 20's and Marcus in the red zone? Haha we'll see I guess.
    If Carr doesnít improve in redzone he will be benched for a guy who can. If Carr does okay Mariota is a nice additional weapon rather than him just sitting there. Saints and Hill proves a more mobile QB package works.

Mariota has failed to show he can pass the ball at Carrs level. Chris Simms said that.

If Carr doesnít improve in redzone he will be benched for a guy who can. If Carr does okay Mariota is a nice additional weapon rather than him just sitting there. Saints and Hill proves a more mobile QB package works.

Mariota has failed to show he can pass the ball at Carrs level. Chris Simms said that.
    On the flip side, Mariota has failed to poop his pants on Carr's level. I said that

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    On the flip side, Mariota has failed to poop his pants on Carr's level. I said that
    Means nothing then !

https://twitter.com/nbcsraiders/stat...187215874?s=21

Carr and Zay Jones working out catching bombs in Vegas enjoy

Only time we will see that happen. The world knows Carr won't throw to WR or go deep in a real game. If Jones wants game action he needs to get up on his 2 yard out route.

Aw thanks for that pal! Carr does tear it up in practice. It's those footsteps real or imagined that give him trouble.

But since you've been so nice, here's one for you!

Try not to use up all mama's lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Only time we will see that happen. The world knows Carr won't throw to WR or go deep in a real game. If Jones wants game action he needs to get up on his 2 yard out route.
    WTF are you talking about? Carr was top 10 in completed passes of 20+ yards. All this while having one of the worst WR groups. Clueless

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Carr was top 10 in completed passes of 20+ yards. All this while having one of the worst WR groups. Clueless

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Lol you really should be more careful with the word "clueless".

Before you get too dazzled by comp% on deep throws, how many deep passes did Derek throw in comparison to league average? He attemted less than 3 per game (ranked #25), while his protection rate was #1. LINK

More than one coach has lamented that long throws were dialed up, but Derek refused to throw them.

HERE is a comprehensive list of the best deep ball passers in the NFL in 2019. Carr ain't on it.