Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1369
  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    Right now we're at 3-2 which I think I read is the fourth time in 15 years after 5 weeks. We are tied with like 10 other teams at 3-2. Derek is doing his job well.
    Yes we're 3-2, and I figure Carr has played in ***** mode for about 10 of 20 quarters. He might net us a winning record. He'll have a few good games. Problem is, he shrinks under pressure. That doesn't bode well for playoff aspirations. Hope we bring in legit competition this next draft.

  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,891
    Carr isn't a top 10 qb,but he can get it done.

    Go back and watch the game.We were up 17-0 in the 3rd marching down and what happens,a miscommunication by carr and hacobs that gave the bears great field position allowing them to easily score on us.

    Trevor davis was about to score to make it 21-24 I think it was late 3rd or early 4th but he fumbled.Then all the penalties that take us out of position really screwed us.

    This team is good but doesn't have it 100% down just yet.Carr is playing with a 100% new batch of recievers going into his 2nd year in this system,Lets give the man some time.

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Carr isn't a top 10 qb,but he can get it done.

    Go back and watch the game.We were up 17-0 in the 3rd marching down and what happens,a miscommunication by carr and hacobs that gave the bears great field position allowing them to easily score on us.

    Trevor davis was about to score to make it 21-24 I think it was late 3rd or early 4th but he fumbled.Then all the penalties that take us out of position really screwed us.

    This team is good but doesn't have it 100% down just yet.Carr is playing with a 100% new batch of recievers going into his 2nd year in this system,Lets give the man some time.
    I understand all you guys arguments and opinions and most of them are reasonable. I just figure I've seen enough to know what he is and what his ceiling is and how far this guy can take us. Maybe I'm wrong. Would be great if I am.

    I AM enjoying the winning record and am proud of this team for these last two victories, especially in England. We're bros, whether we like Carr or not IMO. RAIDER NATION BABY!!!!

  4. #1234
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Yes we're 3-2, and I figure Carr has played in ***** mode for about 10 of 20 quarters. He might net us a winning record. He'll have a few good games. Problem is, he shrinks under pressure. That doesn't bode well for playoff aspirations. Hope we bring in legit competition this next draft.
    This link is a list of game winning drives within a quarterbacks first five years. See number one, with one more added to the list last weekend.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...r_by=comebacks

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    857
    RaiderNation boys. I'm just enjoying the winning too.

    Lets call a spade a spade. Is Derek Carr a top ten qb. Probably not.

    Can we win ball games with him, and in my opinion a Superbowl? Definitely yes, with a lot of help from the rest of the team, and great play calling on both sides of the ball because that's how most super bowls are won unless your the Patriots.

    And **** the Patriots.

  6. #1236
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    This link is a list of game winning drives within a quarterbacks first five years. See number one, with one more added to the list last weekend.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...r_by=comebacks
    I get it man. He had a REALLY good 2016. Then unfortunately broke some bones. And geometrically amplified his natural self preservation tendencies. I don't blame him. I would too. But then I don't get paid 25m annually in my line of work.
    RAIDER NATION

  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    RaiderNation boys. I'm just enjoying the winning too.

    Lets call a spade a spade. Is Derek Carr a top ten qb. Probably not.

    Can we win ball games with him, and in my opinion a Superbowl? Definitely yes, with a lot of help from the rest of the team, and great play calling on both sides of the ball because that's how most super bowls are won unless your the Patriots.

    And **** the Patriots.

  8. #1238
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    RaiderNation boys. I'm just enjoying the winning too.

    Lets call a spade a spade. Is Derek Carr a top ten qb. Probably not.

    Can we win ball games with him, and in my opinion a Superbowl? Definitely yes, with a lot of help from the rest of the team, and great play calling on both sides of the ball because that's how most super bowls are won unless your the Patriots.

    And **** the Patriots.
    You are too correct my friend.When you look at the teams that have won superbowls one thing that stands out to me is they have very good defenses.

    Carr has never had a legion of boom defense like russell has.Carr has never had a top defense like ben roethlisburger has had.Even crappy joe flacco won a superbowl,with a top 5 defense of course.

    If mayock and gruden decide fromm or tua are the next coming of rogers or mahomes then so be it.Regardless we should aspire to draft well and have a legit top 5 defense no matter what.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama





    Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

  9. #1239
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    You are too correct my friend.When you look at the teams that have won superbowls one thing that stands out to me is they have very good defenses.

    Carr has never had a legion of boom defense like russell has.Carr has never had a top defense like ben roethlisburger has had.Even crappy joe flacco won a superbowl,with a top 5 defense of course.

    If mayock and gruden decide fromm or tua are the next coming of rogers or mahomes then so be it.Regardless we should aspire to draft well and have a legit top 5 defense no matter what.
    Sorry, but Carr is no where near Russell Wilson at this point in time. Wilson is a game changer, and one of the reasons Seattle is in contention year in and out.

  10. #1240
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Sorry, but Carr is no where near Russell Wilson at this point in time. Wilson is a game changer, and one of the reasons Seattle is in contention year in and out.
    That is no where near the point that Raiderizer was making.

    The year that the Seahawks won the super bowl Russel Wilson threw for two touchdowns and 200 yards in that game. The Seahawks were already up 29-0 in the second half when the first pass TD happened.

    Malcom smith scored an int TD, Marshawn Lynch rushed for a score, and Percy Harvin scored a return TD to open up the 2nd half. Sprinkle in the Seahawks D recovering two fumble recoveries.

    Is Russ better than Derek at this point in time? Of course. But was this the Russ that won them a super bowl? H E double Hockey Sticks no.

  11. #1241
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,771
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw_g...ature=youtu.be


    Hahaha. Leaving a guy like Stephen A Smith with no rebuttal is pretty impressive. We all should present all of our intense graphs and criticisms to Abrams and see what he thinks.

    Carr could be the worst QB ever but if this is a representation of the belief the locker room has. I'll take it. We over here counting pennies about the QB situation when the Raider players are ready to make $100 bills.

  12. #1242
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,277
    As long as Carr is with the Raiders I will support him when he shines and admittedly show discouragement when he doesn't. But, if another promising QB shows up that is as good as Mahomes, Rogers, or Brady, then Ill welcome with open arms. As a fan, I will except any change for a super bowl appearance.
    Last edited by Flash47; 10-10-2019 at 10:20 AM.

  13. #1243
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    That is no where near the point that Raiderizer was making.

    The year that the Seahawks won the super bowl Russel Wilson threw for two touchdowns and 200 yards in that game. The Seahawks were already up 29-0 in the second half when the first pass TD happened.

    Malcom smith scored an int TD, Marshawn Lynch rushed for a score, and Percy Harvin scored a return TD to open up the 2nd half. Sprinkle in the Seahawks D recovering two fumble recoveries.

    Is Russ better than Derek at this point in time? Of course. But was this the Russ that won them a super bowl? H E double Hockey Sticks no.
    I understand your point. But why take credit away from him? What about the playoff games that got them there? Yes, every winning team has positive points throughout all phases of the game. But, with the game on the line, I've seen Wilson succeed more than fail.

  14. #1244
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I get it man. He had a REALLY good 2016. Then unfortunately broke some bones. And geometrically amplified his natural self preservation tendencies. I don't blame him. I would too. But then I don't get paid 25m annually in my line of work.
    RAIDER NATION
    Carrs not getting paid 25 mil this year either

  15. #1245
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Sorry, but Carr is no where near Russell Wilson at this point in time. Wilson is a game changer, and one of the reasons Seattle is in contention year in and out.
    That is why Wilson gets paid 34 mil a year.

Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •