Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 461 of 501 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 7508
    Additionally, throughout time the older generations have poked a little fun at the younger ones, still mentoring them and leaning on them later. You will end up doing the same.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Ok. Sounds good. Iím not going to derail this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    All time 4th Quarter Comebacks. Won't take you long to find Carr.

LINK

Keep Carr. Fix the defense. $$$$$.
    He was 26th

I think a better stat to look at would be who he did against their record.

But really, heís also the most losing QB since his brother. So he wins meaningless games against meaningless teams in the 4th in losing seasons. Wake me up when he has comebacks in the playoffs.

Until then, he is what his record says he is, not the new excuse each year about WR, whatever defensive position we sucked at the year before, te, Rb, coaches etc... The excuses have run out, but enjoy average at best next year. Iím sure he will have a few comebacks and we will continue to be average.

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    He was 26th

I think a better stat to look at would be who he did against their record.

But really, heís also the most losing QB since his brother. So he wins meaningless games against meaningless teams in the 4th in losing seasons. Wake me up when he has comebacks in the playoffs.

Until then, he is what his record says he is, not the new excuse each year about WR, whatever defensive position we sucked at the year before, te, Rb, coaches etc... The excuses have run out, but enjoy average at best next year. Iím sure he will have a few comebacks and we will continue to be average.
    Yeah. 26th. ALL TIME. After 7 years. With a team that has finished in the top half, defensively, once in his entire career.

I'll also leave these here, real quick...

^ Watson is elite. Carr is really good. Really good + good defense = enough for the playoffs, and anything can happen once you get to the proverbial dance.

Yeah. 26th. ALL TIME. After 7 years. With a team that has finished in the top half, defensively, once in his entire career.

^ Watson is elite. Carr is really good. Really good + good defense = enough for the playoffs, and anything can happen once you get to the proverbial dance.
    Think most know what Carr can do. Especially after this year at least. You have to have a fixation or willful ignorance to think Carr is the Raiders' biggest limitation.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Think most know what Carr can do. Especially after this year at least. You have to have a fixation or willful ignorance to think Carr is the Raiders' biggest limitation.
    I've watched games from Raider history over the past few weeks: the first Gruden era, but also '09, '10 and '11, some of '13, etc.

The difference between Derek Carr and Jason Campbell is staggering. I don't want to return to the "Campbell era" style of offensive limitation if it can be avoided.

I'm a millennial and I can confirm we suck

Yeah we do, but itís about time to break the cycle, several teams a year do it and it doesnít take eighteen goddamn years.

After all, this isnít Cincinnati....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Not looking for good enough for playoffs.

Looking for good enough for Super Bowl.

Super Bowl or bust should be the goal every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Not looking for good enough for playoffs.

Looking for good enough for Super Bowl.

Super Bowl or bust should be the goal every year.
    We got the bust part of it down pretty good....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    We got the bust part of it down pretty good....
    ....ainít that the truth

Super Bowl. Lol that's funny. Let's get into the playoffs first before we talk Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I've watched games from Raider history over the past few weeks: the first Gruden era, but also '09, '10 and '11, some of '13, etc.

The difference between Derek Carr and Jason Campbell is staggering. I don't want to return to the "Campbell era" style of offensive limitation if it can be avoided.
    I actually liked Campbell. He was not "better" raw talent wise but I think the Raiders could have ran a few more successful campaigns if it were not for his injury and the loss of the great Al Davis.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Funny thing is this year we seemed to play better against some good teams like KC and NO... then sucked against some bad teams.

I keep saying it... I dont mind carr. Just think an upgrade wouldíve nice. Even if itís not a huge upgrade. Sometimes you just have to shake things up to improve. Sure we could get worse too... but we know how this ends up.

But I do think that weíll be much better next year. Even with Carr. I actually like some of our talent on defense, so I think thatíll improve. And Iím really hoping ruggs and Edwards can be close to the players I expected then to be. If we actually get to play in front of fans next year, the home field could really spark this team.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Funny thing is this year we seemed to play better against some good teams like KC and NO... then sucked against some bad teams.

I keep saying it... I dont mind carr. Just think an upgrade wouldíve nice. Even if itís not a huge upgrade. Sometimes you just have to shake things up to improve. Sure we could get worse too... but we know how this ends up.

But I do think that weíll be much better next year. Even with Carr. I actually like some of our talent on defense, so I think thatíll improve. And Iím really hoping ruggs and Edwards can be close to the players I expected then to be. If we actually get to play in front of fans next year, the home field could really spark this team.
    I agree in principle, but define 'upgrade.' The Raiders scored a lot of points on 2-minute drills and Carr runs the offense at the line: you can't "upgrade" unless the replacement can do all of that as well. Mariota did not audible at the line / adjust the play / run the offense.

Ultimately, I think the best course of action is to stick with Carr and spend on the defense.