Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 384 of 388 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 5806
    Gruden has called the RPO the Ridiculous Protection Offense because the QB is left unprotected and liable to taking huge hits if he reads the defense incorrectly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...o-the-raiders/

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Gruden has called the RPO the Ridiculous Protection Offense because the QB is left unprotected and liable to taking huge hits if he reads the defense incorrectly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...o-the-raiders/
    Like I said, Carr is not elusive in or out of the pocket....neither is Brady.

Carr is also not very deceptive, his hand off fakes are horrible. He never really gets the ball into the backís belly, he pulls back way too soon.

If he ainít fooling me he sure as hell ainít fooling any defenders, play action is not a strong suit for him. Itís the one aspect of his game that I thought he would improve on but he never has....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Carr is also not very deceptive, his hand off fakes are horrible. He never really gets the ball into the backís belly, he pulls back way too soon.

If he ainít fooling me he sure as hell ainít fooling any defenders, play action is not a strong suit for him. Itís the one aspect of his game that I thought he would improve on but he never has....
    I personally have not looked at this actually. Could you provide some replays that demonstrate this? Seems like you have some on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post

Couldn't agree more, almost 7 years in the league and this still hasn't improved.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does Derek have small hands? Legitimate question, not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Measured 9.125" at the combine, which is right at the threshold indicative of future QB success.

In comparison, Calvin Johnson's hands were 9.75." Peyton Manning had 10.13" hands. Tyler Wilson, who had infamously small hands, measured 8.68."
    Last edited by mberr; 05-22-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Speaking of hands. Ruggs hands are 10.125.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Don't know about his hands but his balls are minuscule

Carr is alot like many QB's these days. They have grown to comfortable working in the gun. Working under center and PA fakes are starting to become a lost art. Its an important aspect of Gruden's offense and its a part of his game that he needs to work on.
    Last edited by Proximo; 05-23-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr is alot like many QB's these days. They have grown too comfortable working in the gun. Working under center and PA fakes are starting to become a lost art. Its an important aspect of Gruden's offense and its a part of his game that he needs to work on.
    I completely agree with this as far as college football goes. It's a lost art.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Lmao why do you get so upset? Nothing I've said is false. Aside from one year, Derek simply isn't very good. That's why they got Mariota and gave him every incentive to compete. Seems to me, Gruden and Mayock have put your boy on notice.
    The guy is a Carr stalker. He'd drink his minchia juice if he could get his hands on some.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Do you even know what a dump off is? Because clearly you don't. Study Grudens offense because you clearly need help with that as well.
    Yeah Chibbe, study the dump-off! Carr's excellent at the dump-off.
    (because he fails to see the rest of the field) BUT you need to study!
    Last edited by autechre; 05-23-2020 at 01:34 PM.

There's plenty of successful QB's that used the gun a lot. It gives the QB better vision, especially from the blind side. This is not the issue for Carr.

It's crazy how Carr can rank at the top of a category, yet we still pick it apart and use it to make a point to justify our displeasure in his play. The dude ranked top of the league in a category where the others, at the top of the list, where top tier QBs. I'm all for agreeing that he leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to some states, but if you can pick apart anything good said about him then your feelings about him is blinded in one direction and debating with you is pointless. I'm personally excited to see if Mariota takes his starting gig. But Carr seems to have a lot of support from the coaches and players (All know more about football than I do) so he will be hard to beat out.