Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 383 of 388 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 5806
    He CAN run... just doesn't WANT to. Lol

Raiders QB Derek Carr named worst 'RPO passer' in NFL during 2019 season

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/202...19-season/amp/

Welcome to the QB middle class. That's where we're at. ... Most of these guys will be plenty functional as long as everything is going well around them; they won't hold back a talented team but they aren't likely to elevate a middling one.

I think we all agree he is right around here

Right on the verge of an MVP season

As someone in health, I am genuinely concerned about people's blood pressure in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    As someone in health, I am genuinely concerned about people's blood pressure in this forum.
    Hahahahaha had me straight dying with that one

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    He CAN run... just doesn't WANT to. Lol

Raiders QB Derek Carr named worst 'RPO passer' in NFL during 2019 season

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/202...19-season/amp/
    The run option in RPO is for Carr to hand it off, not for him to run with it.

He completed 12 of 15 passes out of the RPO for like 102 yards (7 air yards), 0 TDs, and 1 INT.

He's the worst RPO QB bc he just doesn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    The run option in RPO is for Carr to hand it off, not for him to run with it.

He completed 12 of 15 passes out of the RPO for like 102 yards (7 air yards), 0 TDs, and 1 INT.

He's the worst RPO QB bc he just doesn't do it.
    Honestly I don't think we ran a single RPO last season. It was either a run or a fake run then pass which should fall under the category of play action pass. There was never a true "option" as it was predetermined what was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Oh **** we got a tough guy on the internet!! Haha I am definitely in your head.

Clearly you can't talk football. Nothing you say or do will change the fact that Derek Carr is our starting QB. Get your panties fixed, its going to be another fun season watching Derek Carr as the RAIDERS QB. Can't handle it? GTFO and go cheer for another squad
    You think it's been fun watching this loser?

Not sure if there were any RPO plays last year. Any runs by Carr was a run for your life situation. It's just not in his game. Frankly. I'd rather not have him run at all. Although, he seems to be pretty quick, just has no moves.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Not sure if there were any RPO plays last year. Any runs by Carr was a run for your life situation. It's just not in his game. Frankly. I'd rather not have him run at all. Although, he seems to be pretty quick, just has no moves.
    Idk man

His dive into the end zone for a touchback is top 5 all time.

He can run and is actually quick for a QB. But when you run, you get hit. That's why he won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Idk man

Lol both of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Idk man

I tried not to mention his ball handling skills. See, I was being nice.

The Raiders were about middle of the pack in running RPOs. Not as many as Eagles and Chiefs, but not as few as the Pats or Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    Honestly I don't think we ran a single RPO last season. It was either a run or a fake run then pass which should fall under the category of play action pass. There was never a true "option" as it was predetermined what was going to happen.
    I doubt there were [I]real[I/] RPOs like the kind of RPOs that Mahomes or Jackson run, where it's a full fledged pass play. More likely, option 1 is to give it to the RB and option 2 is throw it to the FB on the flat, a WR screen, or a 1yd curl to the TE.

I agree, it probably has to do with mitigating Carr's injury risk. Even if Carr does hand it off, it's still possible he gets hit if the defense thinks he kept it. If he keeps it for a pass, he needs to get rid of it quickly since he's left more open to taking hits. Lastly, RPOs with Carr are less likely to fool the defense because they know there is no threat of him taking off with it.