Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 374 of 388 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 5806
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Definitely some goal line stuff if that doesnít improve dramatically. Carr did a lot of good things between the 20s at times last year. Maybe if we had Mariota in our goal line package we may have won a couple extra games this year, who knows?
    If I'm not mistaken part of the reason MM got benched was that he did not do a good job producing TDs in the RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    If I'm not mistaken part of the reason MM got benched was that he did not do a good job producing TDs in the RZ.
    Iím not about to let your facts/logic get in the way of my story! Hha

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    For what itís worth I have a friend that is very loyal Cowboys fan going back to the 1970ís. We go to the same gym and talk a lot of football.

He would trade Dak for Derek Carr in a heartbeat and thinks I am way to unfair in my criticism of Carr.

Sound familiar [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    For what itís worth I have a friend that is very loyal Cowboys fan going back to the 1970ís. We go to the same gym and talk a lot of football.

He would trade Dak for Derek Carr in a heartbeat and thinks I am way to unfair in my criticism of Carr.

Sound familiar [emoji12]

I think itís fair to have high expectations. The expectation is to win, he hasnít done that. Thatís my only issue with him. I donít question his talent or stats. I question whether he can lead a winning franchise.

I think itís fair to have high expectations. The expectation is to win, he hasnít done that. Thatís my only issue with him. I donít question his talent or stats. I question whether he can lead a winning franchise.

Those are my same concerns.

I think it put up tine for him, and this year. Can't see Gruden investing any more time in him if he continues to fold under pressure. This has to be the best team he has under him since he started.

Has he played on a winning franchise? You gotta play on one to lead it, right?

We clearly know he isnít good enough to carry a mediocre (generous?) team into the playoffs. Hopefully this year we see what happens with an above average team.

Not true he carried that 2016 team. That team was not as good as their record. Carr led several comeback victories that season so he has the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    Not true he carried that 2016 team. That team was not as good as their record. Carr led several comeback victories that season so he has the talent.
    He didnít carry that team, he had good players around him. That was probably our most talented team since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Has he played on a winning franchise? You gotta play on one to lead it, right?

We clearly know he isnít good enough to carry a mediocre (generous?) team into the playoffs. Hopefully this year we see what happens with an above average team.
    The old question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

He didnít carry that team, he had good players around him. That was probably our most talented team since 2001.

Talented team that got thrashed by Denver and Houston after Carr got hurt!? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    Talented team that got thrashed by Denver and Houston after Carr got hurt!? [emoji1787]
    Difference between being demoralized and lacking talent.

Difference between being demoralized and lacking talent.

Even talented teams need a leader. Carr was the leader of that team. 12-3 with him, 0-2 without him. If you want to bash him for the losses then you have to credit him for the wins. That was a slightly above average team that won a lot of games because of Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    Even talented teams need a leader. Carr was the leader of that team. 12-3 with him, 0-2 without him. If you want to bash him for the losses then you have to credit him for the wins. That was a slightly above average team that won a lot of games because of Carr.
    I agree with that. Season opener in New Orleans set the tone.