Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 380 of 388 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 5806

Itís time to move on from Carr

I kind of liked Louis Murphy-I still remember his role in the Gradkowski game at Pittsburgh. I honestly thought Denarius Moore had potential. The wide receiver talent has been awfully thin for a long time if we are talking up those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I kind of liked Louis Murphy-I still remember his role in the Gradkowski game at Pittsburgh. I honestly thought Denarius Moore had potential. The wide receiver talent has been awfully thin for a long time if we are talking up those guys.

And itís his birthday today!

Marvez and Brandt picking on Carr a bit today.

Kind of sounded like a lot of us here, what happened to Carr and can he return to Ď16 form and will he allow a receiver like Ruggs to get downfield...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Murphy wasnít the same after being hung out to dry by old whatís his face....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Where is he wrong though?

That has always been the point... the team has stunk due to lack of talent, lack of coaching consistency, and wasted drafts.
    My initial response was to Farouts comment " I think the one thing we all agree on is that carr has no excuses this year." There is a faction. No question about that.

Which always gets me thinking the "what-if" about drafting Calvin Johnson. Do you think he would have retired early as well with the Raiders?

That what-if story on SBP got me thinking about Conner cook. What if Dallas traded up for him? They were rumored to like him, then we traded up to beat them to him. They ďsettledĒ on Dak.

So... what if we then drafted Dak? And he came in to replace injured carr in the 2016 playoff game...

Could still be dakís team...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Which always gets me thinking the "what-if" about drafting Calvin Johnson. Do you think he would have retired early as well with the Raiders?
    I wanted Megatron so bad.... I still remember the JaMarcus/Johnson debates back then.... **** was hilarious

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    It seemed as though during that era Oakland was the place talent went to die. If we draft Megatron then we pass on JaMarcus maybe Kiffin is able to persuade Al to draft Matt Ryan the following year?

Honestly things were so dysfunctional at that point that even if by complete happenstance that were to happen it was doubtful that Al & Kiffin are able to work together well enough put either player in a position to truly be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    My initial response was to Farouts comment " I think the one thing we all agree on is that carr has no excuses this year." There is a faction. No question about that.
    Using raw logic alone though: zero emotions.

There are ways things could pan out that are out of Carrís control.

If he plays poorly then right on we can agree.

Your presumption that a group of people will give him excuses is equal to a group of people will blame him no matter how bad the rest of the team plays.

Puts us back to square one

Iíll err on the side that football is a team sport:

If a player plays like **** and he is the problem then I think most of us would be cool with that- my issue is that hasnít been the case.

The team has been **** and one player gets most of the whining

Ronald Curry is one of my favorite Raiders from when I was a kid. Do you remember that catch in a snow game in Denver where he stretched out all the way behind him and still came down with the TD in the back of the end zone to win the game? Man, I was hype after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Murphy wasnít the same after being hung out to dry by old whatís his face....
    Same with Johnny Lee Higgins SMH

Here's that Ron Curry catch for those of you that forgot:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-ZkVQhq-g

What a beast, absolute steal in the 7th round. Too bad he had Achilles made out of rubber bands.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Here's that Ron Curry catch for those of you that forgot:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-ZkVQhq-g

What a beast, absolute steal in the 7th round. Too bad he had Achilles made out of rubber bands.
    Yep-remember that game. 2004 was kind of a lost season after Gannon suffered his career ending neck injury. That comeback in the Denver snow was one of the few bright spots in that campaign.

It seemed as though during that era Oakland was the place talent went to die. If we draft Megatron then we pass on JaMarcus maybe Kiffin is able to persuade Al to draft Matt Ryan the following year?

Honestly things were so dysfunctional at that point that even if by complete happenstance that were to happen it was doubtful that Al & Kiffin are able to work together well enough put either player in a position to truly be successful.

Or we wouldíve had Aaron Rodgers (2005) and Megatron... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Or we wouldíve had Aaron Rodgers (2005) and Megatron... sigh
    Imagine if they had gone Rodgers/Routt/Dominique Foxworth (or even better Justin Tuck or Brandon Jacobs) instead of Washington/Routt/Andrew Walters. Oh man, what could've been...

It's easy to nail a draft 15 years after the fact, which is why I think we'll always look back at the 2014 draft and know how rarely good that draft was, specially given that RM didn't have any other particularly good drafts afterwards. He mailed almost every pick in 2014:

1st: Mack
    2nd: Carr
    3rd: Gabe Jackson
    4th: Justin Ellis
    4th: Keith McGill
    7th: TJ Carrie
    7th: Shelby Harris
    7th: Jonathan Dowling
    UDFA: Denico Autry,
    UDFA: Seth Roberts

No need to say anything about the first 3 picks. Jelly wasn't great but he started 3 years in Oakland, got picked up by the Ravens, and resigned (granted, as a backup). McGill didn't do anything. TJ Carrie left the Raiders and is getting $7.5M/yr from the Browns. Shelby Harris has been a decent starter for the Broncos since 2017. Dowling didn't do anything. Denico Autry has been a decent starter for the Colts for 2 years. Seth Roberts has done some things in the NFL and it's now on his 4th NFL contact.

That was a franchise changing draft and it's sad that they failed to build on it in later years makes you think: wtf happened with the RM drafts before and after 2014?! 3 pro bowl- quality players in rounds 1-3 plus 3 starters (+ Seth Roberts) in the 7th and UDFA is insane.