Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 240 of 326 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4888
  1. #3586
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,581

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    I donít have a problem with people wanting to move on from Carr. Iím just trying to understand what exactly the expectations that some of you have for the next QB. Itís not currently a QB in the NFL that can carry an average roster. We have no idea if Brady can do it because heís never had to do it before. Weíve seen that Rodgers and Brees canít do it, so my guess is if neither of those two canít do it, we will have a hard time finding someone that can play at that level.

    I understand Storkís POV, although I donít completely agree with it, itís reasonable. I do not understand what most of the others POV is that want to get rid of Carr.

    Not trying to call you two out, but Prox and KRS I donít understand what exactly your expectations are for the QB position, in particular the QB position for the Raiders. What exactly are you looking for in terms of what you would want, thatís realistic? Obviously we all want Peyton Manning, but thatís not realistic.
    Simple. I want a QB that can lead his teammates, read defenses and not throw the ball into the dirt when he could have used his athleticism to extend drives.

    Gruden found Rich Gannon such things can happen again.

    Itís only my opinion. Maybe Gruden keeps Carr and he lights up Vegas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-15-2020 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #3587
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,851
    I will say this....
    If we keep Carr...

    We will have a much improved and talented team this year. Carr will have 3 years in Grudens system. There will and should not be a single excuse made for him if we do not have a winning season.

    That being said... its time to draft a replacement in anticipation of that

  3. #3588
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,965
    I really canít say how Carr is as a leader, never heard bad things or good things so Iíll take that as heís just average in that department. I think he reads defenses fine so we disagree on that aspect obviously. The part that bothers me most is the fact that he gives up on plays far too often. Occasionally he will make a play and youíll say, ďWhy doesnít he just do that all the time.Ē Fact is heís never gonna be a big stat guy, and I could careless about that, I just want to watch him play and say he has a positive impact on the game.

    If he sticks around another year as I expect Iím interested to see how he performs, specifically if we continue to improve the roster and get more weapons on offense. Any QB that we get wouldnít be coming into a situation similar to Gannon. All you could hope is that they would have that same level of competitiveness and fire. Results are sure to be different.

  4. #3589
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    I really canít say how Carr is as a leader, never heard bad things or good things so Iíll take that as heís just average in that department. I think he reads defenses fine so we disagree on that aspect obviously. The part that bothers me most is the fact that he gives up on plays far too often. Occasionally he will make a play and youíll say, ďWhy doesnít he just do that all the time.Ē Fact is heís never gonna be a big stat guy, and I could careless about that, I just want to watch him play and say he has a positive impact on the game.

    If he sticks around another year as I expect Iím interested to see how he performs, specifically if we continue to improve the roster and get more weapons on offense. Any QB that we get wouldnít be coming into a situation similar to Gannon. All you could hope is that they would have that same level of competitiveness and fire. Results are sure to be different.
    I think you answered the question from your earlier post. Itís the quitter in Carr that Iím absolutely done with. I donít need a QB to have the strongest arm or the best QBR. He just needs to stay calm and try to win the game. Right down to the bitter end. Sure, the QB needs talent, but that talent goes to waste if he's not willing to use it. Hostetler comes to mind. He wasnít the most talented but he didnít give up. Iíd take him over Carr in a heartbeat.

    As far as how he performs with an improved roster, he will still be who he is. The new and improved players will make more plays but ultimately, when things get tough and he has to make something happen, he will fold. As the saying goes: The chain is only as strong as itís weakest link. As soon as a viable alternative can be found, Carr should be gone.

  5. #3590
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    I really canít say how Carr is as a leader, never heard bad things or good things so Iíll take that as heís just average in that department. I think he reads defenses fine so we disagree on that aspect obviously. The part that bothers me most is the fact that he gives up on plays far too often. Occasionally he will make a play and youíll say, ďWhy doesnít he just do that all the time.Ē Fact is heís never gonna be a big stat guy, and I could careless about that, I just want to watch him play and say he has a positive impact on the game.

    If he sticks around another year as I expect Iím interested to see how he performs, specifically if we continue to improve the roster and get more weapons on offense. Any QB that we get wouldnít be coming into a situation similar to Gannon. All you could hope is that they would have that same level of competitiveness and fire. Results are sure to be different.
    I will have to say, one of the things i was most surprised about watching hard know was how annoying carr was. I have a feeling some players might roll their eyes after he talks.

    I agree with your last two posts. Iím more interested in everyoneís plan on replacing Carr, than just saying ďheís a bum, anyone but CarrĒ. Those statements are pointless to me.

    I will have to say, if carr is as bad as half these people say- and heís still been able to produce, then maybe gruden is a QB guru. He took a journeyman in Gannon and made him a ďgoatĒ. Heís gotten Carr to produce. Iím guessing our next QB will be very successful. Also guessing itís Tua.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 02-16-2020 at 09:33 AM.

  6. #3591
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,581

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Gruden seems much better at elevating the play of veteran QBís (at least some of them) than developing younger QBís or getting the most out of veterans with elite talent.

    I am not sure why that is and itís typically a certain type of personality that thrives under him and those that have thrived have not necessarily shared common physical attributes. But they have all shared the same mental and leadership qualities.

    I think Matt McGloin would have benefited from Grudenís influence much more than Carr has...

    And before some of you start going spastic and twisting my comments into something they are not. Think about what I am actually saying.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-16-2020 at 12:10 PM.

  7. #3592
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Gruden seems much better at elevating the play of veteran QBís (at least some of them) than developing younger QBís or getting the most out of veterans with elite talent.

    I am not sure why that is and itís typically a certain type of personality that thrives under him and those that have thrived have not necessarily shared common physical attributes. But they have all shared the same mental and leadership qualities.

    I think Matt McGloin would have benefited from Grudenís influence much more than Carr has...

    And before some of you start going spastic and twisting my comments into something they are not. Think about what I am actually saying.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolute truth.

    Gruden inherited a ultra talented jeff george who could make any throw and slung lasers around the field, but had a 10 cent head and no leadership skills. He was one of the first cuts, along with the overrated larry brown. Gru stated that he thought Al was going fire him for those cuts.

    He brought in Gannon. We know how that worked out.

    He turned Brad freaking Johnson into a playmaking Super Bowl Champion.


    Gruís strength really lies in dealing with gritty, tough minded veteran QBís whose elite talent has been unrecognized.


    Ultimately, I think Brady is the QB for the next 2 years. Being close to Cali, playing in a new stadium, and Giselle/Tom being a brand in Vegas along with all the draft picks an excellent o-line will be too much to pass up.

  8. #3593
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,945
    Sorry, but Carr has 5 years in the NFL. He's not a "young guy". He should be considered a veteran. He's at the point where you do it or not. It appears that it's the latter.

  9. #3594
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Gruden seems much better at elevating the play of veteran QBís (at least some of them) than developing younger QBís or getting the most out of veterans with elite talent.

    I am not sure why that is and itís typically a certain type of personality that thrives under him and those that have thrived have not necessarily shared common physical attributes. But they have all shared the same mental and leadership qualities.

    I think Matt McGloin would have benefited from Grudenís influence much more than Carr has...

    And before some of you start going spastic and twisting my comments into something they are not. Think about what I am actually saying.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Lol this guy right 🤣🤣🤣


    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...wful-game/amp/

  10. #3595
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,015
    New York Guardians quarterback Matt McGloin wanted his team to make significant changes after an ugly first half. He got the big change he wanted, but it wasnít what he hoped for. After learning he was benched for his poor performance, McGloin found a way to blame his teammates and coaches for his poor performance.

    McGloin needed 18 pass attempts to reach 44 passing yards and threw more touchdowns to the DC Defenders than his own team. After his awful performance, including several missed throws to open receivers, McGloin turned the blame to everyone on the team.

    McGloin seemed to be in a poor mood for the entire game. After publicly calling out his coaches at halftime then throwing a pick-six to open the second half, McGloin talked to head coach Kevin Gilbride and took aim at his own teammates.


    McGloin probably isnít winning over any hearts or trust in the locker room anytime soon. The Guardians are probably better off giving Marquise Williams or Luis Perez a shot at quarterback. At the very least, they are probably both at least trusted by their teammates.



    Opinions are opinions I guess.

  11. #3596
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,581

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    New York Guardians quarterback Matt McGloin wanted his team to make significant changes after an ugly first half. He got the big change he wanted, but it wasnít what he hoped for. After learning he was benched for his poor performance, McGloin found a way to blame his teammates and coaches for his poor performance.

    McGloin needed 18 pass attempts to reach 44 passing yards and threw more touchdowns to the DC Defenders than his own team. After his awful performance, including several missed throws to open receivers, McGloin turned the blame to everyone on the team.

    McGloin seemed to be in a poor mood for the entire game. After publicly calling out his coaches at halftime then throwing a pick-six to open the second half, McGloin talked to head coach Kevin Gilbride and took aim at his own teammates.


    McGloin probably isnít winning over any hearts or trust in the locker room anytime soon. The Guardians are probably better off giving Marquise Williams or Luis Perez a shot at quarterback. At the very least, they are probably both at least trusted by their teammates.



    Opinions are opinions I guess.
    Yep-thatís exactly the response I was expecting. Congrats-you get a set of steak knives.

    QB ďAĒ has an NFL talent level of 5 on a scale of 10.
    QB ďBĒ has an NFL talent level 9 on a scale of 10.

    Gruden track record is adept coaching up QB ďAĒ to make the most of their 5.

    Where as when Gruden has had a QB ďBĒ they often underachieved.

    In my post I simply inserted McGloinís name as an example of a QB ďAĒ that typically responds well to Grudenís coaching.

    And letís not fool ourselves. Before Tom Brady was Tom Brady. He was a QB ďA.Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-16-2020 at 03:26 PM.

  12. #3597
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,581

    Itís time to move on from Carr

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomveins View Post
    Absolute truth.

    Gruden inherited a ultra talented jeff george who could make any throw and slung lasers around the field, but had a 10 cent head and no leadership skills. He was one of the first cuts, along with the overrated larry brown. Gru stated that he thought Al was going fire him for those cuts.

    He brought in Gannon. We know how that worked out.

    He turned Brad freaking Johnson into a playmaking Super Bowl Champion.


    Gruís strength really lies in dealing with gritty, tough minded veteran QBís whose elite talent has been unrecognized.


    Ultimately, I think Brady is the QB for the next 2 years. Being close to Cali, playing in a new stadium, and Giselle/Tom being a brand in Vegas along with all the draft picks an excellent o-line will be too much to pass up.
    If Brady were to come to Vegas I think he would be to the Raiders what Peyton Manning was to Denver. Despite the jewelry, accolades, super model wife and success. Tom Brady is in his own mind still the 199th pick and the 7th QB taken in the 2000 NFL draft with more to prove and a huge chip on his shoulder.

    Remember the NFL in 2000 ranked Chad Pennington, Chris Redmond, Tee Martin, Spurgen Wynn, Marc Bulger, Giovanni Carmazzi higher than Tom Brady.

    He is Grudenís kind of QB. I think getting those two together would be lightening in a bottle and both would approach the challenge like a couple of psychopaths and shock the world.

    Not to mention the buzz it would create in Vegas.

    From an economics standpoint taking the near view Brady would be worth 30 million. The young talent is playing for their rookie contracts and WR talent wound sign for a discount to play with Brady and for Gruden. Also-donít underestimate the benefits of Nevadaís state tax laws. 60 million to potentially steal a Super Bowl? Who here wouldnít take it?...

    If the Raiders could get ABís head straightened out and sign him to an incentive laden contract with behavior clauses I think Brady could control him-nobody screws with Tom Brady. Not even Aaron Hernandez.

    Incognito has conformed. What would todayís social climate think of John Matuszak?...

    I believe this team could contend next year if they could assemble a front 4 to get to the QB and sign a true #1 WR. Everything else is there and a strong pass rush is every DBís best friend.

    Probably a pipe dream in more ways than one but those are my thoughts.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-16-2020 at 03:56 PM.

  13. #3598
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    56,987



    Arm doesnít look washed to me...

  14. #3599
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    3,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Gruden seems much better at elevating the play of veteran QBís (at least some of them) than developing younger QBís or getting the most out of veterans with elite talent.

    I am not sure why that is and itís typically a certain type of personality that thrives under him and those that have thrived have not necessarily shared common physical attributes. But they have all shared the same mental and leadership qualities.

    I think Matt McGloin would have benefited from Grudenís influence much more than Carr has...

    And before some of you start going spastic and twisting my comments into something they are not. Think about what I am actually saying.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to hate

    But matt mcgloin playing like ****, whining about his team, whining about play calling, and getting called out for being a *****.

    Kinda disappointing

  15. #3600
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,104
    McGloin was disappointing in Ď16 when he punked out of the playoff game.

    Old news.

    He showed some possibilities early, especially for an UDFA, but that was a long time ago.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •