Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 494 of 516 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 7726
    Donít believe RLA was making a comparison. He was asking if a nine figure deal for a guy with zero skin in the playoffs is worth it in the end.

The answer is no, btw. Resoundingly.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Actually they extended Carr after he led them to the playoffs in 2016.

And you are comparing apples to oranges. We didn't give up 3 first round picks for Carr.
    Right, but since signing that extension in 2017, what does the Raiders' playoff appearance ledger look like?

And I wasn't comparing Watson and Carr. If anything, I was pointing out that sometimes how we reconcile and make peace with our decisions by and large hinges on the qualitative values we assign to discrete factors. Not saying apple juice and orange juice is the same, just that people are generally willing to pay more per gallon for apple juice than orange juice -- and that's ok, so long as they can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Right, but since signing that extension in 2017, what does the Raiders' playoff appearance ledger look like?

And I wasn't comparing Watson and Carr. If anything, I was pointing out that sometimes how we reconcile and make peace with our decisions by and large hinges on the qualitative values we assign to discrete factors. Not saying apple juice and orange juice is the same, just that people are generally willing to pay more per gallon for apple juice than orange juice -- and that's ok, so long as they can afford it.
    Mark hired Gruden and he decided to do a complete rebuild after 2017.

Any team can afford to give up 3 first round picks. The question is if it's worth it.

I like Watson. Good QB. Better than Carr for sure. QB is not our problem however. We have a 31st ranked defense and top 10 offense. You can take a good guess at what our problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Mark hired Gruden and he decided to do a complete rebuild after 2017.

Any team can afford to give up 3 first round picks. The question is if it's worth it.

I like Watson. Good QB. Better than Carr for sure. QB is not our problem however. We have a 31st ranked defense and top 10 offense. You can take a good guess at what our problem is.
    Special teams?

Kicker in the first round

Called it here first

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Special teams?

Called it here first
    Funny guy
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

You can take a good guess at what our problem is.
    Mayock?

Gruden??

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Special teams?

Called it here first
    You are probably correct with this prediction, but...

Our LS is a FA so I feel it's more likely we draft a Long Snapper in the first...

Mayock?

Gruden??
    I donít think Mayock is doing a bad job. Heís doing quite well with offensive picks, aside from Ruggs... and Ruggs had some eye popping plays last year.

Itís possible Guenther is just that bad of a DC. I think Marvin Lewis did a lot of the defensive lifting in Cincy.

Funny guy
    Oh my the memory of Jano!!

Mayock?

Gruden??
    Those 2 aren't going anywhere any time soon. They have been mediocre with personnel decisions.

Wentz traded for a 3rd and 2nd round pick which could potentially turn into a 1st round pick. And some of you said we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for Carr. Lmao!!

Wentz traded for a 3rd and 2nd round pick which could potentially turn into a 1st round pick. And some of you said we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for Carr. Lmao!!
    Yea I hear ya and Carr isnít going anywhere so not sure why itís still even a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I donít think Mayock is doing a bad job. Heís doing quite well with offensive picks, aside from Ruggs... and Ruggs had some eye popping plays last year.

Itís possible Guenther is just that bad of a DC. I think Marvin Lewis did a lot of the defensive lifting in Cincy.
    I think this year will give us a much better understanding of mayocks abilities. Sone of the players he drafted seem like they were good picks, but just havenít panned out yet. If coaching was to blame on defense, weíll know this year if those players look more like what we expected.

Ruggs was a rough pick considering what we could have picked. He did make some great catches- like you mentioned. I also was disappointed in Edwards production, though he was injured quite a bit of the season. Not sure if they were just bad picks, if itís the offense/coaching, or Carr. But Iíd really like to see vast improvements in production from our young WRs. They should be the future of our offense.

And lastly, this draft will be difficult for most nfl teams. The last year was obviously much different for on anything weíve experienced. As such, many of the normal paths of information and scouting may be different this year. Also the lack of normal game film will make it tough to gauge some players properly. I think a lot of great players will slip in the draft, and there will be some great additions to teams in late rounds. Hopefully mayock can pick out the hidden gems.

https://twitter.com/jimayello/status...03164956733440

League source says Colts were among the teams that checked in on Raiders starting quarterback Derek Carr. Received a pretty firm "not available."

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/jimayello/status...03164956733440

League source says Colts were among the teams that checked in on Raiders starting quarterback Derek Carr. Received a pretty firm "not available."
    From a colts insider. Seems legit