Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 486 of 516 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488496 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 7726
    vBulletin is dated unfortunately. I do not think fixes come fast.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

I despise Brady, but it was nice to see what some defense, a running game and smart play-action in the red zone can do for you.

More than ever, I'm moving on from Carr. Give me some picks.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I despise Brady, but it was nice to see what some defense, a running game and smart play-action in the red zone can do for you.

More than ever, I'm moving on from Carr. Give me some picks.

-Stork
    If we're going to trade Carr for picks I'd also like to move on from Gruden so the picks actually get us something...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    If we're going to trade Carr for picks I'd also like to move on from Gruden so the picks actually get us something...
    I agree completely. Mark and Mayock too while weíre at it.

None of it will happen though, we are in our insanity-laden Groundhog Day era.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

No matter what, the Raiders need to improve their defense.

Carr / no Carr, picks / no picks, whatever ... the Raiders have not had a top-10 defense for points allowed since 2002, and even then, they were only in the top 10 seven (7!) times since 1984.

That's 7 times in 36 years, or ~19% of the time.

No matter what, the franchise must make a serious commitment to improving its defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    No matter what, the Raiders need to improve their defense.

Carr / no Carr, picks / no picks, whatever ... the Raiders have not had a top-10 defense for points allowed since 2002, and even then, they were only in the top 10 seven (7!) times since 1984.

That's 7 times in 36 years, or ~19% of the time.

No matter what, the franchise must make a serious commitment to improving its defense.
    No one disagrees.

-Stork

Derek Carr 2020 and 6yr career.

Pat Mahomes 2020 and 4yr career.

Deshawn Watson 2020 and 4yr career.

I know its not full measurables. Just a sample. But Deshawn has gone to the playoffs 3 times. Derek once. And Patrick 3 times also.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I think we just saw yet another example in the SB that no matter how dynamic your offense is, you run into a great defense that can dominate you up front and you're in trouble. Happened to us against the Ravens and Bucs, happened to the Brady Pats against NYG, now it's happened to Mahomes.

Having a great defensive front gives you a shot against anyone, and if you have any semblance of an offense you'll win a lot of games (and be very dangerous in playoff games). Building a powerhouse O around a franchise QB like Brees or Rodgers will keep you good for a long time (because you just overwhelm a lot of bad to average teams in the regular season), but you run into the wrong defense in postseason and you're still toast.

It's kind of like pitching in baseball. Weak hitting great pitching teams may not get into the postseason as often as a big hitting mediocre pitching team, but I know which team I'd rather go to war with in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Its PSD. Embedded tweets viewing via the Web browser has been broken for a few weeks. The head Mod has already reached out to the owner of the site but it hasnt been resolved yet.
    I see the tweets.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    I think we just saw yet another example in the SB that no matter how dynamic your offense is, you run into a great defense that can dominate you up front and you're in trouble. Happened to us against the Ravens and Bucs, happened to the Brady Pats against NYG, now it's happened to Mahomes.

Having a great defensive front gives you a shot against anyone, and if you have any semblance of an offense you'll win a lot of games (and be very dangerous in playoff games). Building a powerhouse O around a franchise QB like Brees or Rodgers will keep you good for a long time (because you just overwhelm a lot of bad to average teams in the regular season), but you run into the wrong defense in postseason and you're still toast.

It's kind of like pitching in baseball. Weak hitting great pitching teams may not get into the postseason as often as a big hitting mediocre pitching team, but I know which team I'd rather go to war with in the playoffs.
    I think they blitzed 3 times, so look how much pressure they got on Mahomes. Maybe some forgot that KC's D sucks, and the only way they can compete is to grab and hold......and they got busted. There were two styles of officiating. In the playoffs, they let them get away with quite a bit, then in the SB they decide to call it close. I blame the NFL, and said in a previous post that it was BS. Anyway, people keep focusing on Carr. If you don't like him....OK, But that won't make it better until they take a serious look at that D.

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    I know its not full measurables. Just a sample. But Deshawn has gone to the playoffs 3 times.
    Watson's only been twice. Once with a great D, once with a defense similar in ppg to the one time Derek took us to the playoffs with. The two times he's played with crap defenses like DC's, he's 7-16 overall, not a playoff QB.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I think they blitzed 3 times, so look how much pressure they got on Mahomes.
    When you look at top QBs, they're usually really good against the blitz. So teams that generate a good # of sacks while blitzing a lot also tend to give up a lot of big plays to the top QBs.

The really scary defenses are always the ones that get consistent pressure without blitzing; they don't have to sacrifice coverage for pass rush.

Watson's only been twice. Once with a great D, once with a defense similar in ppg to the one time Derek took us to the playoffs with. The two times he's played with crap defenses like DC's, he's 7-16 overall, not a playoff QB.

When you look at top QBs, they're usually really good against the blitz. So teams that generate a good # of sacks while blitzing a lot also tend to give up a lot of big plays to the top QBs.

The really scary defenses are always the ones that get consistent pressure without blitzing; they don't have to sacrifice coverage for pass rush.
    Send this post to Gruden....lol.

Derek Carr has never had a top-20 defense in points allowed. Never.

I want to see what happens when he finally gets a defense that plays well. Does he play down to his competition, or does he get even better when the pressure is finally off? I hope we find out in 2021, assuming Watson isn't acquired.

Everyone overcomplicates football.

You build from the inside out. Get OL who block. Get DL who break blocks and hit the QB. The rest will work itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Everyone overcomplicates football.

You build from the inside out. Get OL who block. Get DL who break blocks and hit the QB. The rest will work itself out.
    Yeah, lots of people always go, "how did that team go 11-5 with a journeyman/backup/flawed QB?" ... but I guarantee almost every time that happens it's a team that's pretty strong on both lines.

It's like in F1 racing ... does you no good to sign a great driver if you built a crap car to put him in. But a great car can make an average driver look really good, and you'll have good drivers lining up (and taking discounts) to get into that seat.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I agree completely. Mark and Mayock too while weíre at it.

None of it will happen though, we are in our insanity-laden Groundhog Day era.

-Stork
    Not sure what your issue with Mark is.

Is he a young Al, unfortunately no
    Is he an old Al, thankfully no

Heís shown to be up to the task from a business side and has mostly kept to his word to stay out the football side. He consulted with several people on the GM/coaching part. Gruden was def more of a business than football play but can understand why heíd have gone that route even if I disagree.