Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 509 of 516 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Using the term fantasy implies that you think there is no chance it happens. I agree that itís unlikely, but you canít say fantasy. It actually is reasonable to say carr and a first- if you assume the part of them being willing to part with Wilson for three firsts. For me, I think theyíd ask for a little more.

But, I have no idea what they want. None of us do. And no idea of what they think carr is worth. But... if we take the Wilson for three firsts to be true, and Carr is worth two firsts (not a stretch), then it really isnít fantasy. Unlikely, yes. Fantasy no.
    That is your interpretation. You have never had a fantasy, no matter how innocent come true? That is sad. Fantasy is, simply put imagining the improbable (Definition of improbable: not likely to be true or to happen) coming true. Carr and a first for Wilson, is improbable, thinking that GMs taking what we on PSD think as a way to base a trade is fantastical at best . Read what I posted as a whole. The main point is missed when grasping at a single word.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'm still very much in favor of drafting Jamie Newman in this draft. He's the most accurate deep-ball thrower in the 2021 draft which includes Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance.

If you work with Newman for 2-3 years, he'll be primed to take over for Carr and give the Raiders a decade of success.

(IMO, lol)
    I like Newman if heís there in the 5th and weíve addressed the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    As if other GMs are stupid. Lol
    So letís just go out in public and trash all our players then.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    So letís just go out in public and trash all our players then.

Nope. Game film speaks for itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I don't expect any big splashes in FA. With Gabe and Trent gone, I'll bet #1 is an OL. The D will be another bargain basement shopping spree, unless someone falls into our lap. The last issue that I expected was holes on the Oline. If they don't bring back Richie I, that makes 3 starters gone. This is not an off season where we can focus on the D. We're back to square 1. They better have a plan.
    You're acting as though they are releasing over achieving bargains on the OL and now have to spend big on the Oline to replace them? They are releasing good lineman who are paid a lot of money. I see them being replaced with cheaper free agent options or draft picks. Looks like they are freeing up money for defense, as we have all said they need to do.

I will say that I will be very interested to see how Carr plays behind an oline that isn't high priced. Or maybe it will be Wilson??...🙃🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    You're acting as though they are releasing over achieving bargains on the OL and now have to spend big on the Oline to replace them? They are releasing good lineman who are paid a lot of money. I see them being replaced with cheaper free agent options or draft picks. Looks like they are freeing up money for defense, as we have all said they need to do.
    Gabe is a good guard. A borderline probowler. Won't be easy to replace him. This draft is good for OL however. Could potentially find a cheaper replacement but don't have the faith for Mayock or Gruden to do that
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    That is your interpretation. You have never had a fantasy, no matter how innocent come true? That is sad. Fantasy is, simply put imagining the improbable (Definition of improbable: not likely to be true or to happen) coming true. Carr and a first for Wilson, is improbable, thinking that GMs taking what we on PSD think as a way to base a trade is fantastical at best . Read what I posted as a whole. The main point is missed when grasping at a single word.
    Ok buddy. Try and twist it to fit your narrative as much as youíd like.

But... you were trying to make the opinion look foolish. By saying fantasy, it implies that there is no merit for that opinion. But now you are saying improbable. Which I agree with. I just donít like how quite a few posters on here feel the need to make condescending jabs in their viewpoints. If you opinion is strong, all you gotta do is make it.

I will say that I will be very interested to see how Carr plays behind an oline that isn't high priced. Or maybe it will be Wilson??...🙃🙃
    Man... Iím not interested in that. That seems like a recipe for disaster. I mean, I guess we could end up with a top 5 pick next year and a shot at a top QB.

On the Wilson side of things, what do you think his opinion would be if brown is gone too. Would he revise his list of teams?

Man... Iím not interested in that. That seems like a recipe for disaster. I mean, I guess we could end up with a top 5 pick next year and a shot at a top QB.

On the Wilson side of things, what do you think his opinion would be if brown is gone too. Would he revise his list of teams?
    Carr isnít going anywhere this year.
    At online we will be ok.
    Lt Miller, lg Richie, c Hudson, rg Simpson(or Meinerz), rt TRENT BROWN(unles we trade him). It was reported if brown isnít traded, heís staying.

Wilson isnít going to be a raider this year

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Carr isnít going anywhere this year.
    At online we will be ok.
    Lt Miller, lg Richie, c Hudson, rg Simpson(or Meinerz), rt TRENT BROWN(unles we trade him). It was reported if brown isnít traded, heís staying.

Wilson isnít going to be a raider this year
    That's not necessarily true. The Raiders would be crazy to say, "If we can't trade him, we'll cut him."

Who would trade for someone they can get for free in a few weeks? No, this is the Raiders putting something out there to get trade interest.

I'd expect Brown to get traded for a 5th / 6th / 7th round pick.

Didn't you just say that the 3 can be replaced? Losing them is a big problem. They played very well until the injuries hit.

Ok buddy. Try and twist it to fit your narrative as much as youíd like.

But... you were trying to make the opinion look foolish. By saying fantasy, it implies that there is no merit for that opinion. But now you are saying improbable. Which I agree with. I just donít like how quite a few posters on here feel the need to make condescending jabs in their viewpoints. If you opinion is strong, all you gotta do is make it.
    Buddy. Are you trying to pick a fight? Haha. Relax. It is my narrative that I am commenting on. There is no twisting jack. Fantasy. That word seems to offend you. I never once said there was no merit for anyone's opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own whether right or wrong, good or bad. These off season arguments we all have on ridiculous topics are fruitless and oft times comical. You criticize my opinion of some thinking the Raiders can get Wilson for Carr and a 1st because PSD members think he is worth two firsts and that would be good enough. Sounds like fantasy to me. Should I choose a different term, like wishful thinking? Improbable is in the very definition of fantasy, there is no switching or flopping view points. I wasn't being condescending to anyone. I generally avoid that route, but my point stays the same...we do not know what his value is, nor do we know what NFL GMs think his trade value is, what we do know is that we are fanatics and we have bias when valuing or under valuing our players. Getting Wilson for Carr and a first to me is fantasy/improbable/wishful thinking. I am not trying to make an opinion foolish, just sharing mine. Hell, just because something is improbable does not mean that it is impossible. Dragons and elves may have existed at one time in the past. Improbable, but not impossible. There are a number of better arguments we could be having. I think you have misinterpreted my point and intentions.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Buddy. Are you trying to pick a fight? Haha. Relax. It is my narrative that I am commenting on. There is no twisting jack. Fantasy. That word seems to offend you. I never once said there was no merit for anyone's opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own whether right or wrong, good or bad. These off season arguments we all have on ridiculous topics are fruitless and oft times comical. You criticize my opinion of some thinking the Raiders can get Wilson for Carr and a 1st because PSD members think he is worth two firsts and that would be good enough. Sounds like fantasy to me. Should I choose a different term, like wishful thinking? Improbable is in the very definition of fantasy, there is no switching or flopping view points. I wasn't being condescending to anyone. I generally avoid that route, but my point stays the same...we do not know what his value is, nor do we know what NFL GMs think his trade value is, what we do know is that we are fanatics and we have bias when valuing or under valuing our players. Getting Wilson for Carr and a first to me is fantasy/improbable/wishful thinking. I am not trying to make an opinion foolish, just sharing mine. Hell, just because something is improbable does not mean that it is impossible. Dragons and elves may have existed at one time in the past. Improbable, but not impossible. There are a number of better arguments we could be having. I think you have misinterpreted my point and intentions.
    No one has called you buddy other than to start a fight? How sad!

See... works both ways.

And yes, language is inportant. Just like your use of dragons and elves after claiming not to be trying to diminish others opinions. But in effect, you are saying that it is just as likely that dragons and elves existed, as it is that carr and a first round pick would get Wilson.

Ok... buddy.

But we are in complete agreement that this ďargumentĒ is fruitless and comical.