Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 504 of 516 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 7726
  1. #7546
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,093
    Extend him this season? 10 years of Derek Carr doesnít seem like a recipe for success.

    Carr canít even solidify himself as a top 10 QB in a league itching for new faces. He doesnít seem to go out and take his spot. He waits until some former QB age (Rivers, Brees, Luck, Big Ben) to climb the ranking. Then goes back down to 10-15 when young QBs (Allen, Mahomes) and soon to be (Herbert, Burrow, Murray) go and take the spot. I wouldnít be surprised if he regresses in 2021. Inconsistency seems to be his best quality.

    Iíd like to see a QB who elevates his game during the months that matter. The whole team is to blame but he was still a part of the previous collapses after 6-3/6-4 starts.

  2. #7547
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    in 2017? The entire team regressed. Hence why JDR was fired. Carr was also coming back off his leg injury. You can say he had a down year. Doesn't make him a bad QB. All QBs have down years.
    True, but his game completely regressed. Did the team fall apart around him? Yes, for a myriad of reasons, some football related some not. I am not saying the fault was all on him but it what his problem. He developed the yips and some QB's never make it back. The entire premise of my ire towards Carr was that I didn't think he would make it back. Remember Don Majkowski? He was never the same after his injury-some dude named Favre rolled into town but the Magic Man lost his way

    Carr exercised his demons and is arguably better than the QB he was in 2016-when he was playing like a legit MVP candidate.

    You believe his play was casualty of the talent around him While I agree with that to an extent I believed it was more than that.

  3. #7548
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,340
    Just read on article with multiple ďanonymousĒ nfl GMs who pretty much praise carr. It is funny how the viewpoints vary so much. I guess when youíre a QB in the nfl, thatís just part of the job.

  4. #7549
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Just read on article with multiple ďanonymousĒ nfl GMs who pretty much praise carr. It is funny how the viewpoints vary so much. I guess when youíre a QB in the nfl, thatís just part of the job.
    You can go from a champ to a chump and vice a versa very quickly. Fans can be fickle, I was fickle. I also believe in second chances and comebacks. It's a symptom of my moderate nature.

  5. #7550
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    You can go from a champ to a chump and vice a versa very quickly. Fans can be fickle, I was fickle. I also believe in second chances and comebacks. It's a symptom of my moderate nature.
    Yeah. Quite honestly, Iíve always been a carr defender. I think people have been a little hard on him, as heís produced good stats. Heís a QB that I think would have had a lot of success if placed in the same situation as Brady was.

    But, Iím not sure if it was a result of coaching, or just the difference in people. But, this year Iíve grown to appreciate Bradyís ability to motivate others. I still think heís greatly overhyped. But he does motivate.

    With Carr I question that same ability. Agholor brought up players being selfish and having a lack of effort. Some of these complaints should fall on Carrís shoulders. Also, watching hard knocks (I know itís a lane way to get insight) I was a little disappointed in Carrís personality. I expected to watch and grow to appreciate his style as a QB. But instead, I felt like ďughĒing and eye rolling.

    So for me, carr is a good quarterback. But I think a change could help. Better leadership abilities could help. And more mobility as a dual threat QB would also not only improve the team, but would be fun to watch.

  6. #7551
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Yeah. Quite honestly, Iíve always been a carr defender. I think people have been a little hard on him, as heís produced good stats. Heís a QB that I think would have had a lot of success if placed in the same situation as Brady was.

    But, Iím not sure if it was a result of coaching, or just the difference in people. But, this year Iíve grown to appreciate Bradyís ability to motivate others. I still think heís greatly overhyped. But he does motivate.

    With Carr I question that same ability. Agholor brought up players being selfish and having a lack of effort. Some of these complaints should fall on Carrís shoulders. Also, watching hard knocks (I know itís a lane way to get insight) I was a little disappointed in Carrís personality. I expected to watch and grow to appreciate his style as a QB. But instead, I felt like ďughĒing and eye rolling.

    So for me, carr is a good quarterback. But I think a change could help. Better leadership abilities could help. And more mobility as a dual threat QB would also not only improve the team, but would be fun to watch.
    Who exhibited lack of effort on the O? I can't think of anyone except Brown, unless he was talking about the D.

  7. #7552
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Who exhibited lack of effort on the O? I can't think of anyone except Brown, unless he was talking about the D.
    I guess youíd have to ask agholor. But... I donít think a QB only affects the effort on offense. He can set the time for both sides of the ball.

    ďWhen I realized that it was real ó when I realized all other stuff donít really matter unless itís the Super Bowl was like after we won the NFC Championship Ö Iím geeked up and I guess somebody was crying, and I heard him (Tom Brady), just like, ĎWhat the (expletive) you crying for? Weíre not done yet.íĒ

    The quote above is from lavonte David. Bradyís presence made him focus more on the goal of winning the super bowl. Leadership affects the whole locker room.

  8. #7553
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Do you seriously believe that there was not a very glaring regression in Carrís game starting in 2017?
    2017 and 2018 maybe

    2019 and 2020 vast improvement

    Heís got the ability
    He hasnít had the cast

    He has some talent around him offensively now, hoping that Ruggs steps up

    His defense though has never given him a real shot

  9. #7554
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    18,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    2017 and 2018 maybe

    2019 and 2020 vast improvement

    Heís got the ability
    He hasnít had the cast

    He has some talent around him offensively now, hoping that Ruggs steps up

    His defense though has never given him a real shot
    Some criticism of Carr is justified, but some of it is overblown.

    Carr misses some reads. He takes safe completions too often. That said, he has to know that any turnovers are back-breaking. If he fails, the defense gives up points and the team loses.

    If Carr gets defensive help, will he play down to the competition or will he take more chances and challenge opponents with more aggressive throws?

    Let's hope we find out in 2021.

  10. #7555
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Some criticism of Carr is justified, but some of it is overblown.

    Carr misses some reads. He takes safe completions too often. That said, he has to know that any turnovers are back-breaking. If he fails, the defense gives up points and the team loses.

    If Carr gets defensive help, will he play down to the competition or will he take more chances and challenge opponents with more aggressive throws?

    Let's hope we find out in 2021.
    I agree man

    He isnít perfect by any means and I hope we can improve the defense a bit.

    I do like when we take shots downfield. Doesnít happen often but I always like it when we do

  11. #7556
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Saints are in Salary cap hell and only have like three draft picks. Dolphins or Jets IMO. I remember hearing his wife wants to live in New York. Darnold played at USC. Pete coached there so Iím betting on the jets!
    i would love Russ...but the jets dont have the o-line like we do. I do believe he wants a good o-line. But is the Hawks want to be screw him they'll trade him to the jets.
    Raiders and Dolphins are the most likely. Saints and Jets going to go full rebuild.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  12. #7557
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why in the world would he want to play for the Raiders? Call it the Gruden effect?
    So Mr. Carr. Would you say that DC is still a better option than Russ? A better fit for our team?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  13. #7558
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Trust me when I say that I'm doing the world a favor by not drinking. I come from a long line of hyper-violent drunks. We jokingly call it "Black Label psychopathy." It's the luminosity of violent intent that results when alcohol jettisons the conscience. Seen it often enough in my kin. Figure I'm better off not tempting fate. Not even for a controlled burn.

    Besides, that would be like digging your own grave twice. Being a Raider fan in the current era is enough of a bottomless pit all by itself.
    I 100% understand. I have the same DNA.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  14. #7559
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No Carr will be paid this year. If not he has every reason to sit out training camp and I hope he does.
    He does this and i see him getting bounced just like Mack.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  15. #7560
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Yeah. Quite honestly, Iíve always been a carr defender. I think people have been a little hard on him, as heís produced good stats. Heís a QB that I think would have had a lot of success if placed in the same situation as Brady was.

    But, Iím not sure if it was a result of coaching, or just the difference in people. But, this year Iíve grown to appreciate Bradyís ability to motivate others. I still think heís greatly overhyped. But he does motivate.

    With Carr I question that same ability. Agholor brought up players being selfish and having a lack of effort. Some of these complaints should fall on Carrís shoulders. Also, watching hard knocks (I know itís a lane way to get insight) I was a little disappointed in Carrís personality. I expected to watch and grow to appreciate his style as a QB. But instead, I felt like ďughĒing and eye rolling.

    So for me, carr is a good quarterback. But I think a change could help. Better leadership abilities could help. And more mobility as a dual threat QB would also not only improve the team, but would be fun to watch.
    Actually reminds me more of Tony Romo (former Cowboys QB). Romo was a great cerebral player and stats man but he did not have the leadership fire to motivate others to greatness or to produce more that they think that that they are capable of doing. Jim McMahon (former Bears QB) was far less talented but he had an edge and was a leader on the field and in the locker room. Maybe it is a generational thing but as I watch Justin Herbert and Pat Mahomes are having great early success and seem to motivate their teams.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •