Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 500 of 516 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 7726
  1. #7486
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,525
    We have been the favorites in Vegas to land Wilson since the story came out a few weeks ago...now itís made public that the Raiders are one of the four teams heís approached Seattle about...their is definitely smoke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #7487
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,016
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    We have been the favorites in Vegas to land Wilson since the story came out a few weeks ago...now itís made public that the Raiders are one of the four teams heís approached Seattle about...their is definitely smoke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is one I would definitely consider.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  3. #7488
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    This is one I would definitely consider.
    I wonder how Wilson and Gruden would get along? Wilson is essentially in the same situation in Seattle that Carr is in Vegas. Absolutely no sembelence of a competitive defense. The man is literally running for his life in Seattle. As much as I respect Russell Wilson his contract would tie up resources better spent on building a defense.

    No doubt Wilson would be an upgrade but his finical bagage would come with a price.

  4. #7489
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I wonder how Wilson and Gruden would get along? Wilson is essentially in the same situation in Seattle that Carr is in Vegas. Absolutely no sembelence of a competitive defense. The man is literally running for his life in Seattle. As much as I respect Russell Wilson his contract would tie up resources better spent on building a defense.

    No doubt Wilson would be an upgrade but his finical bagage would come with a price.
    Winning costs.

  5. #7490
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,153
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...07710496948239

    Seahawksí QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, his agent Mark Rodgers told ESPN. Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants to play in Seattle but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears.

  6. #7491
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...07710496948239

    Seahawksí QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, his agent Mark Rodgers told ESPN. Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants to play in Seattle but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears.
    Jesus. What a QB off-season this has turned out to be.

  7. #7492
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,069
    Why in the world would he want to play for the Raiders? Call it the Gruden effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  8. #7493
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I wonder how Wilson and Gruden would get along? Wilson is essentially in the same situation in Seattle that Carr is in Vegas. Absolutely no sembelence of a competitive defense. The man is literally running for his life in Seattle. As much as I respect Russell Wilson his contract would tie up resources better spent on building a defense.

    No doubt Wilson would be an upgrade but his finical bagage would come with a price.
    Uh not even close. Seattle always had talented players. Including the defense. 7 pro bowlers this year. 3 on defense
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  9. #7494
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why in the world would he want to play for the Raiders? Call it the Gruden effect?

    Gruden is a players coach is very much cares about his players. That resonates with some players. Also Raiders have shown over the last 6/7 years that they are more then willing to invest heavy money into offensive line which Seattle has never done. Wilson has complained often about lack of pass coverage which would be much improved with the Raiders.

  10. #7495
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,069
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Gruden is a players coach is very much cares about his players. That resonates with some players. Also Raiders have shown over the last 6/7 years that they are more then willing to invest heavy money into offensive line which Seattle has never done. Wilson has complained often about lack of pass coverage which would be much improved with the Raiders.
    True Seattle has neglected their OL. That hasn't stopped Wilson from playing at a high level
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  11. #7496
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    True Seattle has neglected their OL. That hasn't stopped Wilson from playing at a high level
    No it hasnt but he has made it known that he wants to play behind a better Oline for years.

  12. #7497
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    16,016
    ln Wilson we would have many of the same strengths that Carr has. Reading defenses, strong arm, accuracy, quick release when needed. He also possesses skills in which Carr is still working on or needs to improve on. Wheels, throwing on the move, recognition on when to run, inspired leadership. I wouldn't be upset if the Raiders got Wilson somehow, unless they go nuts and offer Ditka-esque compensation or worse. I don't know if it will happen, probably not, but I can't rule it out right now. I am content with Carr for another year he had a pretty darn good season, if he keeps progressing this year, I'd love it. Priority should be to fix the defense.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  13. #7498
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,069
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    No it hasnt but he has made it known that he wants to play behind a better Oline for years.
    If anything I think he plays best when he is out of the pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  14. #7499
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    18,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    ln Wilson we would have many of the same strengths that Carr has. Reading defenses, strong arm, accuracy, quick release when needed. He also possesses skills in which Carr is still working on or needs to improve on. Wheels, throwing on the move, recognition on when to run, inspired leadership. I wouldn't be upset if the Raiders got Wilson somehow, unless they go nuts and offer Ditka-esque compensation or worse. I don't know if it will happen, probably not, but I can't rule it out right now. I am content with Carr for another year he had a pretty darn good season, if he keeps progressing this year, I'd love it. Priority should be to fix the defense.
    I think the Chiefs nailed this process. You have a good QB? Build around them.

    If they canít get the job done, you draft their replacement and keep winning while the replacement develops.

  15. #7500
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,525

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •