Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 426 of 469 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 7021

Itís time to move on from Carr

He engineered the W over the hated Broncoís!

You will get no complaints from this Raiders fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Wilson hasnít carried his team. Not even when they won the Super Bowl. In the sb they had the legion of boom. They team was up 29-0 before he threw his first td. The d got a safety, a couple scores on d.

Now he has a bunch of good players on his team. Wagner, wright, Dunlap, Adams, diggs, Metcalf, iupati, Brown, griffen, Dunbar, brooks. Lots of talent. Not doing it on his own. I wish we had that much talent. Not carrying anything.
    They stole a Lombardi under Wilsonís rookie contract. Then dismantled the Legion of Boom to pay him. I would be interested to see the how many championships are actually won when franchise QBís are being paid franchise bucks. Brady was reasonable with his demands.

Last edited by Proximo; 11-16-2020 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    Alright... let's throw some numbers out there.

Top QBs in the league and their associated salaries for the next few years (rookies excluded) based on a recent article ranking them.

1. Russell Wilson (SEA) 31-32-37-39M.
    2. Patrick Mahomes (KC) 5-25-31-42-40M.
    3. Aaron Rodgers (GB) 22-36-40-28M
    4. Lamar Jackson (BAL) ROOKIE CONTRACT
    5. Deshaun Watson (HOU) 10-16-40-42-35-32M
    6. Ryan Tannehill (TEN) 23-30-34-32M
    7. Tom Brady (TB) 25-25M
    8. Kyler Murray (ARI) ROOKIE CONTRACT
    9. Matt Ryan (ATL) 19-41-41-37M
    10. Matthew Stafford (DET) 21-33-26M
    11. Josh Allen (BUF) ROOKIE CONTRACT
    12. Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) 24-41M
    13. Drew Brees (NO) 24-36M
    14. Joe Burrow (CIN) ROOKIE CONTRACT
    15. Justin Herbert (LAC) ROOKIE CONTRACT
    16. Jared Goff (LAR) 29-35-32-32-28M
    17. Teddy Bridgewater (CAR) 14-23-26M
    18. Phillip Rivers (IND) 25M
    19. Derek Carr (LV) 21-22-20M
    20. Kirk Cousins (MIN) 21-31-45M
    22. Carson Wentz (PHI ) 19-35-31-34-32M
    and others.
    Dak Prescott (DAL) 31M
    Jacoby Brissett (IND) 21M
    Jimmy Garoppollo (SF) 27-27-27M
    Alex Smith (WAS) 20-23-25M
    Haha. I like how everyone says itís a bad list...

Any QB ranking is bad. Most of it is subjective. And if itís based on stats... then stats ďdonít tell the whole storyĒ

Bottom line, thereís not too many QBs making in the 20-29 million/yr range that Iíd rather have than carr. Rogers is underpaid. Cousins/Ben are overpaid.

This year, Carr has proven to be within the top 5-10 QB's in the game. He's elevated his game. To this, I say hell yes and about time. We all knew he had the talent. He's looking for the big throw (this guy has always had arm talent), he's scrambling, he's diving for 1st downs on 4th. I'm very happy with Carr this year and he's doing it without relying on a #1 or #2 WR. That says a lot. The man has looked at his reflection on a mirror and decided to change for the better. For those that say he's always been this good, I disagree wholeheartedly. He's learned from his mistakes, he's not perfect but he's a stout QB that's willing to put in the work to improve. Some might say, this is the very definition of a Gruden grinder, lol. He's played quite well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Wilson hasnít carried his team. Not even when they won the Super Bowl. In the sb they had the legion of boom. They team was up 29-0 before he threw his first td. The d got a safety, a couple scores on d.

Now he has a bunch of good players on his team. Wagner, wright, Dunlap, Adams, diggs, Metcalf, iupati, Brown, griffen, Dunbar, brooks. Lots of talent. Not doing it on his own. I wish we had that much talent. Not carrying anything.
    Iíve watched their games this season and heís making plays all game. All off script. Their D isnít like their SB win team, lots of holes. Agree his WRs are fantastic but his OL is inconsistent. Kyler Murrayís starting to match him now. Didnít you think Murray would be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Iíve watched their games this season and heís making plays all game. All off script. Their D isnít like their SB win team, lots of holes. Agree his WRs are fantastic but his OL is inconsistent. Kyler Murrayís starting to match him now. Didnít you think Murray would be a bust?
    One thing I have always admired about Russell Wilson is his ability to still beat defenses after they have taken away what he does best.

He and Aaron Rodgers are always winning but he and Aaron Rodgers havenít been back to a Super Bowl since they have been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    One thing I have always admired about Russell Wilson is his ability to still beat defenses after they have taken away what he does best.

He and Aaron Rodgers are always winning but he and Aaron Rodgers havenít been back to a Super Bowl since they have been paid.

Cap is an elite QB killer. Itís why Maholmes took a home discount a huge one

Cap is an elite QB killer.
    Yeah, but you'd still want that problem. Look at the likely playoff teams at this point in the season ... not a lot of chumps at QB. It does make it harder to fill out a roster when one guy takes up so much of the cap, but it sure sucks when you're a team that seems to have everything but the QB.

Cap is an elite QB killer. Itís why Maholmes took a home discount a huge one
    Brady did for years. Itís not uncommon for QBís to play under three contracts. They should take the long view-smart business on their behalf.

Brady did for years. Itís not uncommon for QBís to play under three contracts. They should take the long view-smart business on their behalf.

Shows how much a player wants to win if you ask me. Team game take a team deal

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Yeah, but you'd still want that problem. Look at the likely playoff teams at this point in the season ... not a lot of chumps at QB. It does make it harder to fill out a roster when one guy takes up so much of the cap, but it sure sucks when you're a team that seems to have everything but the QB.
    Difference between a top QB and a top dollar contract. Maholmes still on his rookie money 10m this year. Only 22m next year.

Andrew Brandt ex GM said itís one of the most shockingly cheap contracts against player value heís ever seen. Makes what Brady did look like chump change. If Maholmes asked for market value heíd be on 50m per season right now

As long as they have injury protection I donít disagree. Itís a personal choice. If Iím a Gm Iím pointing to KC players contracts from now on and saying itís now like this or no deal. Others canít compete if they donít do the same. You watch other KC players taking less Next season.

Elite play from Carr this season. Outperformed Maholmes again yesterday.

As long as they have injury protection I donít disagree. Itís a personal choice. If Iím a Gm Iím pointing to KC players contracts from now on and saying itís now like this or no deal. Others canít compete if they donít do the same. You watch other KC players taking less Next season.
    I donít think very KC players will be taking less money. At least, not much less. Itís different when youíre talking about a QB making $20 or $30 million per year. Itís a little easier to swallow the $20 million because itís still a lot of money. Especially considering the length of the contract and total guarantees. And more importantly, the effect winning will have on off the field income. If taking $10 million less as a WB means youíll have a better OL, get hurt less, win more super bowls, and get more advertising dollars... then itís a good call.

If youíre only (yes, only) making $2 million instead of getting $3 million elsewhere, thatís a bigger difference. Especially considering lower paid players tend to have shorter career lengths and guaranteed contracts. And obviously, less advertising revenues.

Many of these players also have to think of the long term. How long will this money last me. And how much will I be making after football. If Iím carr, and Iím able to win s Super Bowl, i think my post football career might have more opportunities. Some of the lesser known players will not have as much of an improved outlook.

Honestly, I think itís mostly ring chasing vets whoíve already made enough money, and QBs who are likely to take less money.

Elite play from Carr this season. Outperformed Maholmes again yesterday.
    I agree. The Raiders didnít lose the game, they ran out of time.

Every thing that concerned me as a fan regarding Derek Carr-he has worked out. Yesterday I saw a competitor that made the big time throws. Had their not been three key drops. The Raiders get the win.

I am deep fat frying some crow for Thanksgiving and it tastes good. [emoji2]

Last edited by Proximo; 11-23-2020 at 08:43 PM.