Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 503 of 516 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 7726
  1. #7531
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,648
    Carr has a cap friendly deal for the next couple years, there is no reason to extend him. He is one of the more fortunate quarterbacks in the league where his franchise seems to make it a priority in protecting him with an expensive offensive line. Carr is comfortable playing on a team with an above average offensive line and a bad defense. Build the defense if Carr continues to improve he will get paid.

  2. #7532
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Carr has a cap friendly deal for the next couple years, there is no reason to extend him. He is one of the more fortunate quarterbacks in the league where his franchise seems to make it a priority in protecting him with an expensive offensive line. Carr is comfortable playing on a team with an above average offensive line and a bad defense. Build the defense if Carr continues to improve he will get paid.
    No Carr will be paid this year. If not he has every reason to sit out training camp and I hope he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  3. #7533
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr played himself out of purgatory last season. He proved that 2016 wasn't a fluke and he showed the ability thrive in Gruden's offense. I also think it's on Gruden to tweak his offense to better suite Carr's skillset, which he seems inclined to do.

    I would much rather see the defense continue to be a priority as opposed to starting over with another QB, especially if Carr is extended with a very cap friendly deal-which is typical of a QB's third contract.
    No no and no.

    Carr played just as well last year as he did this year. The difference is more talent around him. He didn't have scrubs running routes for him

    2020: 67.3%, 4,103 yards, 27 TDs, 9 INTs, 101.4 QBR
    2019: 70.4 %, 4,054 yards , 21 TDs, 8 INTs, 100.8 QBR
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  4. #7534
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Do you seriously believe that there was not a very glaring regression in Carrís game starting in 2017?

  5. #7535
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Carr has a cap friendly deal for the next couple years, there is no reason to extend him. He is one of the more fortunate quarterbacks in the league where his franchise seems to make it a priority in protecting him with an expensive offensive line. Carr is comfortable playing on a team with an above average offensive line and a bad defense. Build the defense if Carr continues to improve he will get paid.
    He has already been paid. While his contract is very cap friendly presently-it was a record deal when it was signed.

    My guess is that he will agree to hometown discount with his extension. Veteran starting QBís can afford to be far sighted beyond their second contract. Especially if they are committed to the cause.

  6. #7536
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,428
    Honestly, I see Carr giving Mayock and Gruden this season to turn the defense around. He won't sign an extension. Won't ask for it. His agent might as due diligence, but Carr will likely keep his options open. If the defense doesn't improve dramatically, my gut tells me Carr will want out. And no one can blame him.

  7. #7537
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,321
    I think the majority of raiders fans are content with Carr as the starter. They would also entertain the idea of upgrading- for example Wilson or Watson. There really isnít much hate toward carr except from a few more vocal fans.

    You can focus on the defense and still be open to opportunities at QB. There is no benefit to being closed minded on the possibility of upgrading at the position.

    I strongly hope that we look extensively into the QBs in this draft as well. If the right one is there at17, it wouldíve foolish to let him pass. We just have to make sure we our correct in our player assessments.

  8. #7538
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Do you seriously believe that there was not a very glaring regression in Carrís game starting in 2017?
    in 2017? The entire team regressed. Hence why JDR was fired. Carr was also coming back off his leg injury. You can say he had a down year. Doesn't make him a bad QB. All QBs have down years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  9. #7539
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Honestly, I see Carr giving Mayock and Gruden this season to turn the defense around. He won't sign an extension. Won't ask for it. His agent might as due diligence, but Carr will likely keep his options open. If the defense doesn't improve dramatically, my gut tells me Carr will want out. And no one can blame him.
    I agree completely. I don't believe Carr will sit out. If I was him I would however.
    Gruden and Mayock were smart to keep him last year with all those rumors. I knew they would. With out him last season they would be currently unemployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  10. #7540
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,059
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think the majority of raiders fans are content with Carr as the starter. They would also entertain the idea of upgrading- for example Wilson or Watson. There really isnít much hate toward carr except from a few more vocal fans.

    You can focus on the defense and still be open to opportunities at QB. There is no benefit to being closed minded on the possibility of upgrading at the position.

    I strongly hope that we look extensively into the QBs in this draft as well. If the right one is there at17, it wouldíve foolish to let him pass. We just have to make sure we our correct in our player assessments.
    This team does not have the luxury to upgrade the QB position. We have no cap space and a horrendous defense. Any upgrade would cost you draft capital and more cap space while hindering any chance of fixing the defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  11. #7541
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,105
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Honestly, I see Carr giving Mayock and Gruden this season to turn the defense around. He won't sign an extension. Won't ask for it. His agent might as due diligence, but Carr will likely keep his options open. If the defense doesn't improve dramatically, my gut tells me Carr will want out. And no one can blame him.
    I can see why he would want to. Veteran QB's are in a sellers market right now but I think he is all in with the Raiders. I could be wrong.

  12. #7542
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No Carr will be paid this year. If not he has every reason to sit out training camp and I hope he does.
    Iíll never understand this point of view.

    -Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  13. #7543
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    This team does not have the luxury to upgrade the QB position. We have no cap space and a horrendous defense. Any upgrade would cost you draft capital and more cap space while hindering any chance of fixing the defense.
    Thatís how bad GMs think.

    Thereís always a way. If you think a QB at 17 is an upgrade, you draft that player and trade carr for picks.

    Howís the draft and cap look then?

  14. #7544
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No Carr will be paid this year. If not he has every reason to sit out training camp and I hope he does.
    A lot of us hope he sits out too....for good

  15. #7545
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    He has already been paid. While his contract is very cap friendly presently-it was a record deal when it was signed.

    My guess is that he will agree to hometown discount with his extension. Veteran starting QBís can afford to be far sighted beyond their second contract. Especially if they are committed to the cause.
    Not sure what Carrs record deal from a couple years ago has to do with him being extended. Again Carr is under contract for two more years. Why would/should the front office extend him? Even though he has played better the last two years. Still down the stretch when the playoffs were a possibility he couldnít get his offense into the end zone. He still has major concerns in the red zone. We had three red zone possessions one game came away with a field goal and two Carr turn overs. Carr is fortunate the defense sucks because it deflects well deserved criticism. Itís funny how last year the Patriots wanted to trade a 3rd round pick for him and people think that means he has respect and value. It says the exact opposite to me. I think his Value went up this year but no where near what his loyalists think he is worth. There is no reason to give him an extension right now. Letís put money and resources into the defense. So we can see if sister Christian can perform under pressure down the stretch and get his team into the playoffs again. If he canít it sure seems there are other quarterbacks who would love to play behind our offensive line. To stop getting pounded game in and game out while a guy like Carr sits in a clean pocket and decides to throw the ball out of bounds on a 2nd and goal.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •