Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 489 of 516 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    See if they will take Carr and our first rounder for him, maybe next year's 1st as well. Wilson would be awesome.
    I would insist Seattle thow in a sack of potatoes too.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    no way... Russ has a lot more value than Derek... I think we'd have to thrown in at least a couple of day 1 picks.
    Can't see Gruden giving that much. They just might stand pat. I'd keep those picks for defensive players.

Russ not hapening. Just like the Deshaun trade not happening.

I would love it if Wilson came. I absolutely think he is a great QB.

I dont think so. No smoke to this fire!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    Russ not hapening. Just like the Deshaun trade not happening.

I would love it if Wilson came. I absolutely think he is a great QB.

I dont think so. No smoke to this fire!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    There isn't much real NFL news to talk about. We're getting a lot of click bait because it is a slow time of year. We haven't got into the free agency or a draft frenzy yet.

Some of the speculation is warranted or just fun since Watson demanded a trade and after seeing what the Rams gave up for Stafford.

It doesn't matter who is taking the snaps if the defensive dumpster fire continues to blaze. Carr has a very cap friendly contract right now.

Look at Washington, they built a good young defense and gave the Bucs a run for their money in the divisional round with Tyler Hienicke as their QB.

Defense, defense, defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    It doesn't matter who is taking the snaps if the defensive dumpster fire continues to blaze. Carr has a very cap friendly contract right now.

Look at Washington, they built a good young defense and gave the Bucs a run for their money in the divisional round with Tyler Hienicke as their QB.

Defense, defense, defense.
    Washington went 7-9 in the worst division in football...letís not look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Washington went 7-9 in the worst division in football...letís not look at them.

Washington ranked in the top 5 last year defensively. You are going to get a good look at them next season they are on our schedule.

This may be the stupidest thing Iíve ever said, but I think Iíd rather have Watson over Wilson.

Washington ranked in the top 5 last year defensively. You are going to get a good look at them next season they are on our schedule.
    Iím not arguing against their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    This may be the stupidest thing Iíve ever said, but I think Iíd rather have Watson over Wilson.
    It's not stupid at all. Wilson will turn 33 late this coming season. While we're getting used to the idea of guys playing at a high level in their late 30's and even into their 40's, I would never bank on it for any player.

Like Watson, Wilson isn't happening either.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I dig Russell Wilson, but trading for him would be exceedingly dim. Iíd much rather move forward with Carr with the hope that weíll shift a larger portion of our focus and asset allocation to the defense.

Hope is for suckers though, and I do not expect that shift to occur.

7-9 wins and another early vacation, here we come.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I dig Russell Wilson, but trading for him would be exceedingly dim. Iíd much rather move forward with Carr with the hope that weíll shift a larger portion of our focus and asset allocation to the defense.

-Stork
    I read a report that the Raiders are "highly" interested in JuJu Smith-Schuster. I immediately thought, "Stork is right, this is a clown show."

Imagine: you have a leader emerge at WR, an offense that can compete with anyone and gaping holes on defense.

Pragmatic response would be to invest heavily in defense. Gruden looks set to spend on offensive toys, as you predicted, rather than fixing the defense.

If the Raiders actually target an expensive WR, rather than just bringing back Agholor or promoting Ruggs / Edwards, I'm going to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Well main thing is I think there's no way Wilson gets traded without a massive fan revolt. Even if they got a great haul, if it didn't pan out 100% into multiple stars and at least one more quick SB, it's the kind of thing that could get a GM fired. He might be the most popular Seahawks player ever.

Given the last two seasons, perhaps it'd be better to watch the first half of the season, feel good, and then maybe go into hibernation of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Well main thing is I think there's no way Wilson gets traded without a massive fan revolt. Even if they got a great haul, if it didn't pan out 100% into multiple stars and at least one more quick SB, it's the kind of thing that could get a GM fired. He might be the most popular Seahawks player ever.

Given the last two seasons, perhaps it'd be better to watch the first half of the season, feel good, and then maybe go into hibernation of some sort.
    The man would like to finish his career alive. He's not happy, so unless Seattle makes some changes on the Oline, he wants out. Would he force them by sitting out? This is exactly like the Watson situation. If just depends on who blinks first. Right now the price is high, but if there are few suitors then the price will drop. Let's se who antes up. Do we need either of them? I would say they are a "nice to have", not a "need to have". Especially at that price. We're still maybe 2 years away.