Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 488 of 516 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I donít think Gruden is on thin ice...at all.

And I donít see us being positioned for success. Something remains fundamentally broken with this regime. As much as Iím disliking Grudenís return, the failings pre-date him. I very much believe that weíll have to wait out Grudenís tenure and at least one more tear down before weíll assemble something capable of competing for a ring. Which is why I want to cut the corner and tear it down right now. Iíll be 55 in October...who knows how many more seasons Iíll get. Iím damned impatient and quite unwilling to suffer fools.

-Stork
    If we have another late season collapse questions will be asked. Bradley prob gets 2 years. Mid way thru year 2 and year 5 of Gruden and we finish like we have last 2 years then I suspect it will be a different convo.

We need a better head of all things Football. Mark has mostly kept himself out of it as he promised. Unfortunately he put the wrong people in charge. He didnít do it on a whim. He did it after discussing it with respected people around the league with ties to the Raiders. He then gave them time to see if they can make it work. From a business side heís done very well. As that side continues to improve (Vegas) we will hopefully attract better football people.

Mark isnít perfect but heís done a good job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The Raiders keep drafting DBs instead of DLs. The results speak for themselves.

You want to know why the defense stinks? The Raiders drafted DJ Hayden instead of Richardson or Lotulelei. Karl Joseph instead of Kenny Clark. Gareon Conley instead of TJ Watt.

This isn't complicated.
    I know. I know. I know.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    If we have another late season collapse questions will be asked. Bradley prob gets 2 years. Mid way thru year 2 and year 5 of Gruden and we finish like we have last 2 years then I suspect it will be a different convo.

We need a better head of all things Football. Mark has mostly kept himself out of it as he promised. Unfortunately he put the wrong people in charge. He didnít do it on a whim. He did it after discussing it with respected people around the league with ties to the Raiders. He then gave them time to see if they can make it work. From a business side heís done very well. As that side continues to improve (Vegas) we will hopefully attract better football people.

Mark isnít perfect but heís done a good job so far.
    So it takes three years of folding to warrant questions and 4 to change the tenor of the conversation? So much for commitment to excellence.

You have way more patience than I do.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

So it takes three years of folding to warrant questions and 4 to change the tenor of the conversation? So much for commitment to excellence.

-Stork
    I think that should be happening now but he gave him a massive contract to pull him out of the booth and back to the field. Weíre in year 3 of 10. We had a global pandemic that took away a lot of revenue from Mark. The raiders move to Vegas was about more than football. He opened up a bunch of revenue streams for him and the team. Covid had other plans. Heís not going to eat 7 years of Gruden contract right now. Thatís just the reality. Weíve also shown some good with the bad. If it was all trash then it would be viewed differently. Year 5 will be the make or break moment for Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I think that should be happening now but he gave him a massive contract to pull him out of the booth and back to the field. Weíre in year 3 of 10. We had a global pandemic that took away a lot of revenue from Mark. The raiders move to Vegas was about more than football. He opened up a bunch of revenue streams for him and the team. Covid had other plans. Heís not going to eat 7 years of Gruden contract right now. Thatís just the reality. Weíve also shown some good with the bad. If it was all trash then it would be viewed differently. Year 5 will be the make or break moment for Gruden.
    Trusty me, you don't need to explain reality to me...I understand that its status quo for the foreseeable future. I just disagree. Vehemently.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

-Stork
    Sounds like the patience of a 1997 Dodge Caravan owner (Mark Davis).

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

There were a lot of questions on both sides of the ball last season. They fixed the O. Now the D is the clear issue. Let's see what happens now. I think most of us had said if we don't make the playoffs, then it would be a disappointment. Well.........depression has set in. They need to come up with answers now, not in another year.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    I can think of so many explosive offensive teams made to look average or worse in the SB, but offhand I don't recall any great defenses ever getting lit up.

They definitely played a lot more close games against lesser opponents than one would expect. Maybe got a little too big for their britches after winning the SB? Sometimes you lose that mental edge and can't get it back. But they kind of coasted and won on sheer ability a bit too often.
    We also canít underestimate the covid factor. A lot of teams looked bad one week, then great a couple weeks later. This season really was a mess. But... at least we had football. That helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    This. For the love of Selena Gomez's silken vocal chords, this.
    If she can play 3 tech and get inside pressure Iíd sign her right now

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    If she can play 3 tech and get inside pressure Iíd sign her right now

"...prone to stoogery.".

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...e-a-franchise/

Let Russ Cook in Vegas? What else do you guys think we'd have to thrown in with Derek to make this deal happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post

Let Russ Cook in Vegas? What else do you guys think we'd have to thrown in with Derek to make this deal happen?
    Why not heads up. Wilson is looking to leave. so it's not like he's happy there. This kind of waters down the Watson value too.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Why not heads up. Wilson is looking to leave. so it's not like he's happy there. This kind of waters down the Watson value too.
    no way... Russ has a lot more value than Derek... I think we'd have to thrown in at least a couple of day 1 picks.

Russell Wilson is a great QB, no question, but the Raiders don't need passers, they need pass rushers.

Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post

See if they will take Carr and our first rounder for him, maybe next year's 1st as well. Wilson would be awesome.

"...prone to stoogery.".