Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 479 of 516 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 7726
    If you asked me, last year, I would have happily dealt Carr for two first-round picks.

But letís be real: Carr ended up 14th in attempts and 11th in passing yards, despite missing 90% of a game. If Carr is healthy against the Chargers, he ends up around 6th or 7th in league, probably with more passing yards than Aaron Rodgers with a similar number of attempts. Carr was 7th in YPA, which has always been a stat I point at when talking about QB play.

Carr stood in the pocket. He made reads. He threw it deep. He improved on a lot of his weaknesses for the Ď20 campaign and his results were strong.

Yeah, if the Raiders gave up fewer points and generated more turnovers, theyíd win more games. So rather than taking a shot in the dark, find defensive talent and let the proven commodity DC get to work.

Carr is fine. As you said he cleaned up most of the deficiencies in his game. Ball security can still be worked on but show me ay QB that isn't susceptible to blind side strips. He seems to have a good rapport with Gruden and it will set things back bringing in a QB to pick up Gruden's offense in less than a season. There is solid depth with Mariotta.

Defense needs to be the focal point. That drum cannot be beat enough or loud enough.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'd rather struggle through some very bad years with a chance to come out on the other side ready to compete than be perpetually stuck in the middle....at best. Yeah.

I'd rather invest more money in my defense. Yeah.

And yeah, I think Beathard is going to outperform his next contract. He went .500 last year in two starts....could have won the second start but his great defense spit the bit in the fourth quarter.

Seriously, why so angry about it? Lol, its just a conversation. Since when does disagreement equal belligerence?

-Stork
    Carr played well last year. If our defense was ranked 20th we would have been in the playoffs and who knows what happens after. That said Iím all for looking for better because Iím not sure yet that carr is a super bowl QB. What I am sure about is he is light years ahead of beathard and his trash ***.

I wouldnít give up Carr unless itís a great deal. For example if the dolphins for some crazy reason put up the 3rd where we can get Zach Wilson I will pull the trigger. Looks who was in the conference championship games. All great QBs

For the most part, carr is a good quarterback. But our late season failures are concerning. Agholorís complaints are concerning. The fumbles/mobility is concerning.

While these definitely are concerns that can be caused by more issues than just carr. He is definitely part of it. A d as the QB, a large part of our success/failure falls on him. Iíve been saying this all along, Iím ok with him as our QB, but would upgrade if given the chance.

Is Watson an upgrade? 9 out of 10 people would say that is a dumb question. Of course he is. He is close to or on mahommes level. Even if he is not that much better than carr, though, the fact that most people think he is can be just as important. Having Watson on your team should help attract FAs and hopefully help motivate your team.

And sometimes, a change just for change sake can be good. A shake up can go two ways. But at least we arenít stuck in 8-8.

Oh... and we need to fix the defense.

With all the back and forth it does feel like we may be trading Carr. There has been rumors for the last 2 years but today there is just too much smoke. I keep hearing the redskins, bears, and pats may make a move for him

Carr only improved and got better between the 20ís. He continues to fail in the red zone.

Yep, you've been saying that without any shed of evidence for a long time now.

-Stork
    I've provided plenty of evidence. Go back in this thread and it's all there. Him being a hot commodity is more evidence to further my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    With all the back and forth it does feel like we may be trading Carr. There has been rumors for the last 2 years but today there is just too much smoke. I keep hearing the redskins, bears, and pats may make a move for him
    Gruden sure does love the attention it draws. If Carr is his QB he needs to go out and say it. If not then trade him already
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I think Carr is an excellent QB, and works well with Gruden. However, I would take two 1st round picks in a heartbeat and go with MM for the foreseeable future, and invest those two first rounders into better talent on the defensive side of the ball. We'll be losing a step or two on offense, but the defense will be vastly improved... and we'll be a mediocre team again in the 8-8 to 10-6 range... at least with Carr is offense is elite.

Circling back to the whole Watson for Carr rumors and the cost/investment as far as cap space is concerned... there is one major item that we need to keep in mind. With DC, we need to more or less keep a high-profile OL group and pay them to keep DC clean in the pocket... however, with the mobility that Watson brings (and to a lesser degree with MM) we can sacrifice a Trent Brown and his contract because the QB is not as dependent on having a clean pocket all the time, and use the extra money on other parts of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I've provided plenty of evidence. Go back in this thread and it's all there. Him being a hot commodity is more evidence to further my point.
    Not really. 47-63 says a lot. Zip for the playoffs says everything.

All we get with Carr is excuses, caveats and promises of a brighter future. Its always all about next year.

He's Andy Dalton-lite. I.E.....not good enough.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Gruden sure does love the attention it draws. If Carr is his QB he needs to go out and say it. If not then trade him already
    This crap about getting Watson is not going to happen. He wants to go to Miami. Miami has two firsts and two seconds this year and one of them is the 3rd pick. It makes sense.

Next the Texans have been getting calls. They arenít taking calls. They arenít responding to calls. And they arenít weighing options. Last report was that he is under contract that he just signed last year. He should play out the contract he just signed.

Not really. 47-63 says a lot. Zip for the playoffs says everything.

All we get with Carr is excuses, caveats and promises of a brighter future. Its always all about next year.

He's Andy Dalton-lite. I.E.....not good enough.

-Stork
    Maybe you should watch more games my friend. He didnít give up big plays at the end of games to lose. Didnít do a face mask a qb at the end of Miami game.
    Fact:
    The d is the worst in the history of the franchise. How is that a qb issue??????????

I want to keep him and give him a good d and a good wr.

But deep down I kinda would like to see him go to New England and a year later everyone will look dumb here

I think it's a good thing that Carr's name is out there. Let the rumors reach a fevered pitch for all I care. But when the dust clears, Gruden will just tell Carr that he's his guy and he wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.

Pausing the trade rumors and speculation for a bit...

At the beginning of the season most of us believed that Carr would do well with a better WR corps. We'll need to retool it, but it looks like that bears out. So what's next? I know we need a defense, but let's put that on the back burner for now. What do you think that Carr needs in order to turn the offense into a top 5 juggernaut with a high degree of success in the red zone?