Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 505 of 516 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 7726
  1. #7561
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    So Mr. Carr. Would you say that DC is still a better option than Russ? A better fit for our team?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    A fitting (and funny) name for switch, although Mrs.Carr is probably a more appropriate name

  2. #7562
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,579
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    He does this and i see him getting bounced just like Mack.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Not quite. Gruden thought that he could easily replace Mack. If he thought that he could do that with Carr, he would have already traded him. Not saying that Gruden doesn't have a wishlist of QBs that he'd pick over Carr, but unless one of them is available for a reasonable price, Carr is safe.

  3. #7563
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,134
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    So Mr. Carr. Would you say that DC is still a better option than Russ? A better fit for our team?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Nope. Russell is the better QB. Its a moot point though. You can trade draft capital and DC for him but he's not fixing the defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  4. #7564
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    A fitting (and funny) name for switch, although Mrs.Carr is probably a more appropriate name
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Yup hes still a bum after 4k posts. But wait he had 4k yards and 70% completions so he must be great. But, after he still sucks after getting traded theres still the "another new system " excuse. Id trade him for one of thise bags of chips that come in the value pack that you put in your 8 year olds lunch box

    Can't fix stupid. Sorry man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  5. #7565
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,134
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    He does this and i see him getting bounced just like Mack.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Lol because the Mack trade worked out so well for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  6. #7566
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Nope. Russell is the better QB. Its a moot point though. You can trade draft capital and DC for him but he's not fixing the defense.
    Sustained drives, Touchdowns, time of possession all will help our Defense

  7. #7567
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,134
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Sustained drives, Touchdowns, time of possession all will help our Defense
    Seattle had 7 more TDs than the Raiders. Raiders also had a higher time of possession and more first downs last season. Like I said moot point. Our offense wasn't the problem last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  8. #7568
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Seattle had 7 more TDs than the Raiders. Raiders also had a higher time of possession and more first downs last season. Like I said moot point. Our offense wasn't the problem last year
    The problem was lack of forceful leadership on both sides of the ball.

  9. #7569
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Nope. Russell is the better QB. Its a moot point though. You can trade draft capital and DC for him but he's not fixing the defense.
    Iím not sure Iíd make a move for Russell... but that draft capital youíd trade for him isnít fixing that defense either.

    Like that story said, weíre bad at drafting. So those picks wouldnít be a big loss... lol

    In reality, you can trade away some picks. But what you REALLY need to do... is fix the coaching and decision making on defense. Draft the right players and give them the right coaching. You can have more first rounders- but without coaching and development- your defense would still suck.

    Now... Iím optimistic that the talent we currently have can and will look better next year. And for the right move, Iíd be willing to move a couple draft picks. You can improve on both sides of the ball at the same time.

  10. #7570
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Iím not sure Iíd make a move for Russell... but that draft capital youíd trade for him isnít fixing that defense either.

    Like that story said, weíre bad at drafting. So those picks wouldnít be a big loss... lol

    In reality, you can trade away some picks. But what you REALLY need to do... is fix the coaching and decision making on defense. Draft the right players and give them the right coaching. You can have more first rounders- but without coaching and development- your defense would still suck.

    Now... Iím optimistic that the talent we currently have can and will look better next year. And for the right move, Iíd be willing to move a couple draft picks. You can improve on both sides of the ball at the same time.
    I agree. There are too many unknowns in this year's draft and we have not done well even in the the years that had can't miss talent. Trade back with someone and get more picks. How well have we done with selecting 1st Rd talent? Once again I say trade back and get more picks.

  11. #7571
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Seattle had 7 more TDs than the Raiders. Raiders also had a higher time of possession and more first downs last season. Like I said moot point. Our offense wasn't the problem last year
    It is not a moot point when you would be putting the far better quarterback behind the far better offensive line. First downs, time of possession and red zone efficiency would all go up even more for the Raiders. I mean you just said Russell is better. If all the Raiders do to their defense is add a starting free safety and another defensive tackle. The defense improves a lot with a better coach. Remember this same crappy defense was part of a 6-3 team at one point last year.

  12. #7572
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    18,018
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Iím not sure Iíd make a move for Russell... but that draft capital youíd trade for him isnít fixing that defense either.

    Like that story said, weíre bad at drafting. So those picks wouldnít be a big loss... lol
    We don't know this.

    Given how effectively the Raiders have improved on offense through the draft, we can't say the talent evaluation is poor. It's possible Guenther was just that bad as a defensive coordinator.

    Gus Bradley is a proven commodity. We know what he can do with a good roster and what he can't do with a bad roster. We'll get clarity in 2021.

  13. #7573
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Nope. Russell is the better QB. Its a moot point though. You can trade draft capital and DC for him but he's not fixing the defense.
    But couldnt we do both?

    Nice to finally reach some common ground with you.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  14. #7574
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,448
    Errbody knows defense needs to get fixed. We have a top 10 offense. With Russ and a new Defense we may be a superbowl favorite!

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  15. #7575
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,348
    Quote Originally Posted by raidermike View Post
    But couldnt we do both?

    Nice to finally reach some common ground with you.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    We could do both but its a harder task. 1st rounds allow the potential for top tier defensive talent. Now of course they can be found later but those chances shrink very quickly. As long as we can hold onto all non 1st rounders there are some good potential remaining.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •