Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 443 of 516 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    He knew the season was over and in true quitter fashion faked an injury to avoid playing meaningless games to avoid contact. Just my opinion.
    I donít think he had the mindset. Besides, why would he want give Mariota an opportunity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MM benefits greatly with Grudens offensive design

Having the legs to move mixed with short route/deep shots fits the dude

I think Carr benefited from it too but doesnít have the legs or balls that MM has

I also donít think it matters because as Iíve stated for a year arguing about Carr... the defense is what holds this team back.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    I think MM benefits greatly with Grudens offensive design

Having the legs to move mixed with short route/deep shots fits the dude

I think Carr benefited from it too but doesnít have the legs or balls that MM has

I also donít think it matters because as Iíve stated for a year arguing about Carr... the defense is what holds this team back.
    Mariota brings a Rich Gannon like element to Grudenís offense. With a bigger arm.

Don't worry carr haters,we will trade derek carr for a 1st rounder,draft two bust,start mariota and then mariota gets hurt in week 5 or 6 and the team shitz themselves a new one. 😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Mariota brings a Rich Gannon like element to Grudenís offense. With a bigger arm.

Mariota has: mobility

Lacks: Accuracy, Knowledge, Experience, Scheme mastery.

He canít run a 2-minute offense but heís Gannon? Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Don't worry carr haters,we will trade derek carr for a 1st rounder,draft two bust,start mariota and then mariota gets hurt in week 5 or 6 and the team shitz themselves a new one. 😁😁😁
    Or we trade carr for a 2022 first... have a decent season with Mariota. Then move up in 2022 to draft an elite QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Mariota has: mobility

Lacks: Accuracy, Knowledge, Experience, Scheme mastery.

He canít run a 2-minute offense but heís Gannon? Stop.
    How many seasons did it take Gannon to become Gannon?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    About 12.

By that logic, Carr has 5 more years to get there. JaMarcus Russell is in his mid-thirties: heís probably open to offers.

Almost every QB reaches Gannonís age and they are what they are. Gannon is the exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Carr lover

Gannon read defenses better. Gannon was more accurate. Gannon mastered the offense and was a better field general.

Both are fragile.

I don't know why people bring up mobility, when all it really leads to in Mariota's case is a trip to the tent, if not the ICU. Even if they do trade Carr, they better sign a proven QB to compete with Mariota -- because if Mariota is your starter more likely than not your #2 will see just as much playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Gannon read defenses better. Gannon was more accurate. Gannon mastered the offense and was a better field general.

Both are fragile.

I don't know why people bring up mobility, when all it really leads to in Mariota's case is a trip to the tent, if not the ICU. Even if they do trade Carr, they better sign a proven QB to compete with Mariota -- because if Mariota is your starter more likely than not your #2 will see just as much playing time.
    I agree that he is no Rich Gannon but I like his ability to make plays with his feet. Durability is a huge concern.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I don't think he became Gannon until he played for the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I don't think he became Gannon until he played for the Raiders.
    Not exactly. Gannon easily outplayed Elvis Grbac when he was with KC, but didn't get the start because of Schottenheimer wanted to go with the young guy that they got from SF. When Grbac got injured Gannon took over and KC ran off a series of impressive wins. The Chiefs decided that a starter shouldn't lose his job due to injury, so when Grbac was healthy Gannon was sent back to the bench. That's when the Raiders swooped in with Jon begging Al Davis to sign Gannon, who was a free agent at the time.

Gannon was on the cusp of greatness with KC. But he didn't achieve it until he came to OAK. The rest is history.

I agree that he is no Rich Gannon but I like his ability to make plays with his feet. Durability is a huge concern.

My hope is the Raiders draft a guy who has that skill-set in the mid-rounds (Jamie Newman) and then develop him under Gruden for 2-3 years. Once they've got steady mechanics, pocket presence and the ability to run an offense at LOS, set them loose.

The Ravens grabbed Lamar Jackson while they still had Flacco. The Packers did the same thing with Rodgers / Favre and, as it appears, Jordan Love will replace Rodgers in the next 2 years.

Get someone now and let them develop for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    About 12.

By that logic, Carr has 5 more years to get there. JaMarcus Russell is in his mid-thirties: heís probably open to offers.

Almost every QB reaches Gannonís age and they are what they are. Gannon is the exception to the rule.
    And how many years did tannehill take to become tannehill? Sometimes a change of scenery can help. Gannon wasnít the only one...
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 12-23-2020 at 03:43 PM.