Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 442 of 516 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    The problem with upgrading Carr, is who is an upgrade that wonít cost us 40 mil a year?
    Not really any out there available thatís better. We donít draft early enough for fields, lance or Lawrence. Even if we did draft a qb early, we would still have the problem of a crappy d.
    Let Carr go to a winnning franchise. We obviously cant get it right. We needed ONE WR (Lamb)in the draft, a MLB (QUEEN), and a cover corner or hybrid safety. We wiffed big time!
    Next year is more of the same unless Wade comes in and is allowed to have complete control of the defense!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    So what youíre saying is that carr really just improved the last two years. Which would mean the first 5 seasons, he and Mariota had similar ratings? So...maybe Mariota puts it all together years 6 and 7 like carr?... lol
    The difference is, Carr's things that needed to be fixed are mostly fixable ... to a great degree it's been a matter of making better decisions. And this year for the most part he's made big strides.

MM's problem is and always has been inconsistent accuracy. For every great throw he makes like the TD on Thursday, he'll miss several more that an above average pocket passer makes. And I'm not sure that sort of thing is fixable.

We've spent years discussing whether or not DC is SB caliber even on a good team, but I'm not sure a QB with iffy accuracy is EVER going to be a SB winner, no matter what else he brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    So what youíre saying is that carr really just improved the last two years. Which would mean the first 5 seasons, he and Mariota had similar ratings? So...maybe Mariota puts it all together years 6 and 7 like carr?... lol
    You need me to spell it out for you? Carr has been head and shoulders better than Mariota. It's not even a debate for me. That's why I laughed when they signed him to "push" Carr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You need me to spell it out for you? Carr has been head and shoulders better than Mariota. It's not even a debate for me. That's why I laughed when they signed him to "push" Carr.
    Switch, you may not see Marcus as a legitimate challenger, but it does appear that Derek may, based on his reaction to J Gruden saying 50-50 chance Derek plays.

I don't think Derek even wants the perception , of people thinking Marcus is a real viable option. I can't say I blame him.

I would trade Marcus in a heartbeat , right now. And then just focus on the defense for the next 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Switch, you may not see Marcus as a legitimate challenger, but it does appear that Derek may, based on his reaction to J Gruden saying 50-50 chance Derek plays.

I don't think Derek even wants the perception , of people thinking Marcus is a real viable option. I can't say I blame him.

I would trade Marcus in a heartbeat , right now. And then just focus on the defense for the next 7 months.
    I mean he's hurt. Chances are he won't play depending how significant that groin injury was. Looked pretty bad initially
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I mean he's hurt. Chances are he won't play depending how significant that groin injury was. Looked pretty bad initially
    Vaginal injuries can be tricky

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Vaginal injuries can be tricky
    I see you still have yours hurt

Tom Brady would be a loser with this defense.

You can spell it if you like... but you referred to the stats. Which donít prove heís head and shoulders above Mariota.

Funny part is, I havenít even said Mariota is better. Quite the contrary- Iíve always said heís a good quarterback. But youíre so defensive on anyone saying anything anti-carr... that you canít even accept that his Mariota is also good. Heís just been in the wrong situation and hasnít developed properly.

My whole point this whole time is that carr isnít a mobile quarterback. And at very least, we get to see how a mobile quarterback performs in our offense. And though I appreciate Carrís ability to play well, the late season failures are frustrating. And it would be nice to have a better quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    The difference is, Carr's things that needed to be fixed are mostly fixable ... to a great degree it's been a matter of making better decisions. And this year for the most part he's made big strides.

MM's problem is and always has been inconsistent accuracy. For every great throw he makes like the TD on Thursday, he'll miss several more that an above average pocket passer makes. And I'm not sure that sort of thing is fixable.

We've spent years discussing whether or not DC is SB caliber even on a good team, but I'm not sure a QB with iffy accuracy is EVER going to be a SB winner, no matter what else he brings to the table.
    Iím not so sure thatís true. So Carrís pocket awareness, fumbling and cold weather problems can be fixed, but Mariotas accuracy issues canít? Seems like picking and choosing to make a point. Canít really judge Mariota the first year under gruden anyway. Especially not this year.

Carr and Marcus fall in the same tier when grouping quarterbacks. There is always going to be , The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with their play. You know Carr is the 2nd fastest quarterback to 50 losses in NFL History!
    This was our 14th game. Players should be in great condition and game shape by now. So how in the hell does a quarterback pull his groin running to the sidelines with the nearest defender 8-10 yards away? Tells me Carr didnít put in pregame preparation. What kinda leader doesnít stretch properly before a game? Or do we chalk it up as another freak Carr injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Tom Brady would be a loser with this defense.
    I'm really not in this "debate" although, I believe Tom Brady went to a Super Bowl with the 28th ranked defense.

And some really good sideline camera work!!! lol

I totally get the Carr, Trent Dilfer comparisons. Yea, letís build a top five defense and we could win. But to ever compare him to Tom Brady, really? Enough already. Tom is one of the best ever. Derek gets injured without contact running out of bounds. Derek needs to take his crappers seriously before kickoff.

Carr injured his dick thinking about contact

Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Carr injured his dick thinking about contact
    He knew the season was over and in true quitter fashion faked an injury to avoid playing meaningless games to avoid contact. Just my opinion.