Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 440 of 516 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Jackson showed it but has been in the league for much less time. MM isnít new, we know what he is at this point and seeing as he hasnít improve that area he isnít good enough. Carr is better but not ideal. Theyíre both flawed QBs that bring different skillsets. We have much larger issues to fix that go beyond either. This argument is tired. We shouldnít worry about QB until we manage to fix defense. I fear we are stuck with Gruden so letís pray he can set his ego aside and go get a top class DC and make them assistant HC if needed to convince them to come.

Letís make major changes this coming offseason. Then draft a QB the following year 1. Let them sit behind Carr or MM if we trade Carr for a year. Then hand the keys over.
    Plunkett and Gannon weren't new either. What if they were never given opportunity after not doing so well with other teams. Carr has better skills than Mariota but I'll take Mariotas heart over Carrs potential ability

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    All my opinion here but I feel like mariota has never really given a good offense and the weapons we have. He has decent players but nothing amazing. Henry didnít really start until late in mariota career they still had demarco Murray who was a bust.

Hard to say donít worry about qb when itís the most important position. Defense getting fixed regardless itís obvious.Look at it this way....

10 million= keep mariota (leaves 20+ million in cap space to fix defense, and maybe add a decent draft pick)

20 million= keep Carr (leaves only 10 million in cap space, maybe a draft pick if any to trade mariota)

I donít see a scenario of keeping both. We canít afford it.
    Carr gives us a chance at the playoffs tho. I donít think we sniff that with MM. Iíd rather compete and be let down like this then know itís over 4 weeks in. MM would be one more year then want more. Car is locked in for 2 more after this year. Iíd let MM and several others go to make space to fix the D. Just donít have faith that Gruden or Mayock will spend it wisely. Same with the draft. They started promising but last years draft was bad. I know they all need time but we made several mistakes that could have been easily avoided.

I suspect youíre right it will be one or the other and we see MM finish out the season. Then theyíll make their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Plunkett and Gannon weren't new either. What if they were never given opportunity after not doing so well with other teams. Carr has better skills than Mariota but I'll take Mariotas heart over Carrs potential ability
    Exception to the rule. More often than not at this point in their career they are what they are.

The common sense plan would be to cut MM and several others next year to free up space. Spend the cap and picks to get what we need. Get a real DC. See what Carr can do. Then the following year draft a QB in the first if one falls to us that we like. Have him sit behind Carr while we finish plugging wholes. Then give the new QB the keys once Carrís contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Same thing could be said about lamar jackson and the man went out of his way to become an MVP. Donít knock him on his running ability. Mariota is not as accurate as Carr but he made some key throws in tight windows and was accurate on most throws. Both qbs lined up on paper carr is better but mariota brings the X factor (his willingness to risk his body, making something out of nothing, running) thatís the difference a huge one I must add.

Is Carr the worst qb ever? No heís average. Is mariota the answer? I donít know yet to early to tell.

ďItís obvious your love for Carr is clouding your judgement ď
    Switch is a Carr lover. Dont say anything bad about his lover.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    He brought some excitment for sure, But that is expected. Everyone loves the back up when your losing. He also did not win this game.... They guy with the most game winning drives would have and that is something you will have to digest and not look through your Carr hating glasses...
    Carr hating glasses? Haha. Hope that wasnít directed at me... since Iím one of the first to defend carr from ďhatersĒ.

Sorry... but Iím not sure carr would have won. Not sure he would have handled the pressure as well. Weíll never know what the result would have been.

What we know is that Mariota performed pretty well. And his running ability was fun to watch. If combined with a better grasp of the offense and consistency, then he could be interesting. He made a couple great throws. Not good- great throws. He was also off on a few. That could also be timing with receivers. We have no choice but to see a couple more games of him starting, and weíll know better.

Even if he doesnít look good, it doesnít change the fact that Iíd still like us to improve at QB with a more mobile option.Carr is a good. Iíd like to see is with a great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Even if he doesnít look good, it doesnít change the fact that Iíd still like us to improve at QB with a more mobile option.Carr is a good. Iíd like to see is with a great QB.
    Ain't happening with either of the two available options.

Ultimately, it's irrelevant: the Raiders need a defense. Unless / until they have a defense, the Raiders are going nowhere.

They'll get nowhere faster with Carr, IMO, because he can run a 2-minute drill.

What skills? Getting hurt averytime the wind blows? Only guy I know who is a backup that gets no reps and is hurt 9 games out of the year. As a backup. Lol
    He makes 1 read and if that read isnít there, he takes off running. Letís not get so excited about mm. Never seen so many happy that a guy threw for 1 td and an int.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    What skills? Getting hurt averytime the wind blows? Only guy I know who is a backup that gets no reps and is hurt 9 games out of the year. As a backup. Lol
    He makes 1 read and if that read isnít there, he takes off running. Letís not get so excited about mm. Never seen so many happy that a guy threw for 1 td and an int.
    Itís not like Mariota has no skills. He was the second pick for a reason. You look at one of his first completions to moreau.... he scrambled out of the pocket. Looked like he was going to run. Then threw a perfect pass on the run. Heís not a scrub. His TD pass to waller he dropped in perfectly placed. Waller caught it in stride right out of the defenders reach. Heís pretty good. Maybe inconsistent and injury prone- but heís got potential.

Now, thatís not saying heís better than carr. Just plays a different style. I think most of us are excited to see what someone whoís strengths are carrs weaknesses can do.

Now obviously, the defense needs to improve. Hopefully thatís more of a coaching issue. And hopefully we make the right choice. But whatís wrong with wanting an upgrade at QB? The issue shouldnít be wanting the upgrade...I can almost guarantee mayock and gruden would take it if there. The problem is finding an upgrade. Those arenít easy to find. But great QBs can make you a playoff team consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Switch is a Carr lover. Dont say anything bad about his lover.
    You donít think Carr is better than mm?

Itís not like Mariota has no skills. He was the second pick for a reason. You look at one of his first completions to moreau.... he scrambled out of the pocket. Looked like he was going to run. Then threw a perfect pass on the run. Heís not a scrub. His TD pass to waller he dropped in perfectly placed. Waller caught it in stride right out of the defenders reach. Heís pretty good. Maybe inconsistent and injury prone- but heís got potential.

Now, thatís not saying heís better than carr. Just plays a different style. I think most of us are excited to see what someone whoís strengths are carrs weaknesses can do.

Now obviously, the defense needs to improve. Hopefully thatís more of a coaching issue. And hopefully we make the right choice. But whatís wrong with wanting an upgrade at QB? The issue shouldnít be wanting the upgrade...I can almost guarantee mayock and gruden would take it if there. The problem is finding an upgrade. Those arenít easy to find. But great QBs can make you a playoff team consistently.
    Over the last 4 seasons mm has thrown for 32 tds and 26 ints! Thatís bad in any book.

Or in 6 years 77 tds and 45 ints.
    Avg of 12 tds and 7 ints a year.

In 7 years, Carr has 167 tds and 69 ints.
    23 tds and 6 ints a year.

I think we should release mm, Williams, Harris, Worley, morrow, Collins and say goodbye to witten. Resign Hankins, agholor and booker.

Draft Moses, s Holland and de jones in the first three rounds. Draft qb Ridder from Cindy late and see if we can develop him.

The problem with upgrading Carr, is who is an upgrade that wonít cost us 40 mil a year?
    Not really any out there available thatís better. We donít draft early enough for fields, lance or Lawrence. Even if we did draft a qb early, we would still have the problem of a crappy d.

I think this game if it didn't prove Carr isn't the answer, it damn sure raised some eyebrows! Off the bench, first season in Grudens "complex" offence, brought an element Carr will never have.
    Mariota has had a full year almost to learn the ****ing playbook and he didnít know enough when he was called upon. He gave the ball to rb too many times on read option when keeping it was always open. We should have put 40+ points on Chargers he failed. Now as I said last year our redzone is **** and Carr is bad in redzone. Mariota is one of the best QBs in NFL in redzone. Gruden should have had that package all year working. Itís a ******** he didnít. Weíd have 15 more Tds on the year.

The problem with upgrading Carr, is who is an upgrade that wonít cost us 40 mil a year?
    Not really any out there available thatís better. We donít draft early enough for fields, lance or Lawrence. Even if we did draft a qb early, we would still have the problem of a crappy d.
    Iíd make Carr take a pay cut to 10m offer Mariota the ten on his extension. Incentivise both. The 2 QBs a and b is the way to go if you donít have a superstar. Itís like a D is either run set or pass set. We donít make that decision and fail at doing both. Use the extra money to fix the freakin D disaster at last. We need two dominant DTs itís glaringly obvious.

You guys keep talking about replacing the QB, when it's not the problem. The last 2 years, the D has been pummeled. There are serious needs, and I would say at least 5 of the 11 need to go. They better invest in D through FA and the draft next year, otherwise it will be a repeat of this year. I think Gruden thought with ball control and a good O would be enough. I don't think he accounted for how quickly the opposition could score.

You donít think Carr is better than mm?
    I said Switch is a Carr lover. Dont say anything bad about Carr.

I think MM has bigger balls than Carrs vagina