Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 434 of 516 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Carr now leads the NFL with 31 lost fumbles since he entered the league in 2014.1
    It's been an issue for sure. His pocket awareness has greatly improved as has his ability to evade the pass push within the pocket.

I have been one of his worst critics in that regard on this forum but I have seen significant improvement. The question that needs to be asked is will he regress when he starts hearing footsteps? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    If itís such a weakness explain week 5 and 11 against Chiefs. Or do I need to post all the clips showing him moving in the pocket avoiding rushers and throwing dimes?

Every QB struggles when pressured effectively. Carr needs to learn Maholmes back peddle whilst throwing a 50 yard pass I guess for you
    BINGO!!!! weeks 5 & 11, what about the other 9 weeks? So again if he shows flashes of anything your ok with that? Where you point out 20% of his games, I'm pissed at the 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    BINGO!!!! weeks 5 & 11, what about the other 9 weeks? So again if he shows flashes of anything your ok with that? Where you point out 20% of his games, I'm pissed at the 80%.
    He looks amazing 10% of the time
    Above average 20%
    Average 50%
    Stinks 10%
    And isnít NFL material 10%

The 20% where he just doesnít have it cannot be carried by the rest of this team/

The 20% where he is a stud are still close games where we lose some (Chiefs)

The problem I have with the bottom 20% games is that he single handedly destroys any semblance of competitive football when he fumbles, throws away on 4th, pick 6, check down trash.

So pocket issues aside, whatís everyoneís thoughts on ruggs? Is he just not a great receiver? Or is carr not able to get him the ball? So far, weíve seen 2 great catches from ruggs that I can recall. So he flashes greatness. Is his lack of targets Carrís fault? Play calling? Or ruggs fault?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    So pocket issues aside, whatís everyoneís thoughts on ruggs? Is he just not a great receiver? Or is carr not able to get him the ball? So far, weíve seen 2 great catches from ruggs that I can recall. So he flashes greatness. Is his lack of targets Carrís fault? Play calling? Or ruggs fault?
    DHB 2,0 as I said immediately after he was drafted. By far the worst of the first round WR's taken.

Not quite sure on Ruggs yet. He is talented but has yet to make any kind of impact. Gruden needs to get this guy going. Start featuring him in some high percentage routes to get the ball in his hands.

He seems to have zero rapport with Derek right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Not quite sure on Ruggs yet. He is talented but has yet to make any kind of impact. Gruden needs to get this guy going. Start featuring him in some high percentage routes to get the ball in his hands.

He seems to have zero rapport with Derek right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not having an off season has definitely hindered his progress, but it is frustrating that Gruden doesn't appear to design plays to get him the ball more often. Then again Gruden does a TON of frustrating things! The list is too long to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Not having an off season has definitely hindered his progress, but it is frustrating that Gruden doesn't appear to design plays to get him the ball more often. Then again Gruden does a TON of frustrating things! The list is too long to write here.
    Teams are keying on Ruggs. What baffles me is Hill gets his touches for KC. Maybe Ruggs has a problem with running shorter routes. He's a rookie, so the learning curve is steep. Just the fact that he's drawing more attention is justification to putting him on the field. BTW, I still think he's not 100%.

The only way that the lack of off season would be a factor is if our offense is that much tougher to learn than the rest of the teams out there. There are 10+ rookie WRs whoíve performed better than ruggs so far. I think I read heís #13 of the rookies right now. And if itís the offense being that difficult, then maybe that needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    DHB 2,0 as I said immediately after he was drafted. By far the worst of the first round WR's taken.
    He could be the worst of the first round WRs. I wanted justin Jefferson the most. But... ruggs is nowhere near as bad as DHB. DHB would catch everything on his body. Was bad at catching with his hands, lol. Ruggs has the catching skills, as weíve seen him make a few great catches. To me, if ruggs is to blame, itís either route running or getting separation.

The only way that the lack of off season would be a factor is if our offense is that much tougher to learn than the rest of the teams out there. There are 10+ rookie WRs whoíve performed better than ruggs so far. I think I read heís #13 of the rookies right now. And if itís the offense being that difficult, then maybe that needs to be changed.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Gruden's offense is much more complicated. We saw Cooper struggle with it and he doing better in Dallas.

I was just throwing out the lack of off season workouts for getting his timing better with Carr and learning the routes by actually running them versus watching film or studying the playbook. I could be totally wrong, which according to my wife is generally the case...

Hopefully the kid continues to improve, but Jefferson, Jeudy and Lamb seem to being doing much better. That kid in Pittsburgh is tearing it up and I believe he was a second rounder.

It wouldn't surprise me if Gruden's offense is much more complicated. We saw Cooper struggle with it and he doing better in Dallas.

I was just throwing out the lack of off season workouts for getting his timing better with Carr and learning the routes by actually running them versus watching film or studying the playbook. I could be totally wrong, which according to my wife is generally the case...

Hopefully the kid continues to improve, but Jefferson, Jeudy and Lamb seem to being doing much better. That kid in Pittsburgh is tearing it up and I believe he was a second rounder.
    Just getting the verbiage right is an ordeal. I actually like the potential Gruden v. 2020 better than I liked Gruden V. 2000. The consistency isn't there yet but its big play potential in the passing game is vastly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    It's been an issue for sure. His pocket awareness has greatly improved as has his ability to evade the pass push within the pocket.

I have been one of his worst critics in that regard on this forum but I have seen significant improvement. The question that needs to be asked is will he regress when he starts hearing footsteps? Time will tell.
    Saw a stat where hes been sacked 17 times this year and fumbled 8 times. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Stump jumper View Post
    Saw a stat where hes been sacked 17 times this year and fumbled 8 times. Yikes
    It's tough to fault him for the blind side sacks when he doesn't see it coming. There have been a few where he has seen it coming and has still coughed it up. Those are definitely more frustrating, but hopefully fixable.

He could be the worst of the first round WRs. I wanted justin Jefferson the most. But... ruggs is nowhere near as bad as DHB. DHB would catch everything on his body. Was bad at catching with his hands, lol. Ruggs has the catching skills, as weíve seen him make a few great catches. To me, if ruggs is to blame, itís either route running or getting separation.
    It would be a fitting for the Raiders if they drafted the speediest guy in the draft but he struggles to get any separation.