Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Since the Bye Week:

24/36 284 2td 1int
    15/24 112 1td 0int 1 fumble (retained)
    13/23 165 2td 0int 1 fumble (lost)
    16/25 154 0td 0int
    23/31 275 3td 1int 3 lost fumbles

Looks like defenses have caught up to the Raiders offense. Can Gruden retool on the fly to keep it ahead of the league? Maybe, but maybe not.

It's irrelevant, ultimately. Derek Carr is fine, even after this trash game. The Raiders really need to improve defensively.
    Well those numbers donít tell the whole story.
    Example: the broncos game Carr did only throw for 154 with 0-0. Buuut what wasnít in your stats was that we ran the ball 41 times with 4 rushing tds against the broncos. And against the horrible Atlanta run d we ran a total of 14 times. Btw our d also had 4 ints and 2 sacks in that game.

Can't believe anyone is ok with a guy that turned the ball over 4 times in a game. Not only ok with it but making excuses for it. So the O Line struggled, it's still Carrbage job to protect the ball. Guy has 11 fumbles this season, just terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    WTF are you talking about? I didnít level blame at anyone. My post was simply stating how important the QB position is relative to a teams success.

I didnít bring up Derek. I didnít bring up yesterdayís loss and in fact I have been very complementary of his improvement this year.

Quit looking for drama that isnít there. You are clearly trolling and acting like a *******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Qb play doesnít mean a ton for winning super bowls or Trent dilfer wouldnít have won a Super Bowl.

Everyone kisses Bradshawís butt because he won super bowls. The last year he won a Super Bowl, he threw 17 tds and 22 ints. And he was throwing to swann and stallworth!! Lol
    He sucked. So did dilfer.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Can't believe anyone is ok with a guy that turned the ball over 4 times in a game. Not only ok with it but making excuses for it. So the O Line struggled, it's still Carrbage job to protect the ball. Guy has 11 fumbles this season, just terrible!
    Not ok with it at all, sir. Itís a bad game. True.
    My point is everyone jumps on this guy and donít watch everything that went on.
    1-The o line sucked. Thatís why the rbs averaged 1 yard a carry.
    2-the o line sucked, rt was a swinging door. I counted 5 times people came in untouched.
    3-rbs didnít create anything.
    4-we had 5 dropped passes that hit hands.
    5-no qb pressure(again). We are 31st in the nfl in sacks!!!!!!!
    6-too many missed tackles.
    7-wrs running bad routes(Edwards I am talking to you). Safety is up on option route, run over the top, not into the defender.
    8- bad play calling. Going for it on fourth down but not when we are down by a lot when a field goal wasnít going to help.
    9-only one inside the tackles blitz called
    10-morrow sucks at outside contain. If the de goes inside the tackle on a running play the lb on that side has outside contain. Nooope.
    11-running routes short of the markers.
    12-holding onto the dang ball.

Meh, everybody has a bad day. Our loses this season have been competitive outside of this one to Atlanta. Iím willing to chalk it up to just everything that could go wrong did and give Gruden and Carr the benefit of the doubt. They have both been very good this season. But, letís not let it carry on to the Jets. Need to blow them out and regain some mojo on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Qb play doesnít mean a ton for winning super bowls or Trent dilfer wouldnít have won a Super Bowl.

Everyone kisses Bradshawís butt because he won super bowls. The last year he won a Super Bowl, he threw 17 tds and 22 ints. And he was throwing to swann and stallworth!! Lol
    He sucked. So did dilfer.
    Do you really believe that San Fransisco or New England would have all of that Super Bowl jewelry without the stand out QB play that they had.

QBís threw more pics in Bradshaws era. It was a different game then though I would agree that he was largely overrated.

Atlanta is a lot better than people think. The "bad play" wasn't the reason we lost. The turnovers cost us the game.
    Our O line is not the regular guys, so I allow some considerations. Hopefully they get back in there, and we get back to normal. Next week is the biggest game of the year. On the road, in NY, cold weather, east coast, and after an embarrassing loss. Let's se if they're up to it. A playoff team should win this game. If they don't then there's trouble in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Not ok with it at all, sir. Itís a bad game. True.
    My point is everyone jumps on this guy and donít watch everything that went on.
    1-The o line sucked. Thatís why the rbs averaged 1 yard a carry.
    2-the o line sucked, rt was a swinging door. I counted 5 times people came in untouched.
    3-rbs didnít create anything.
    4-we had 5 dropped passes that hit hands.
    5-no qb pressure(again). We are 31st in the nfl in sacks!!!!!!!
    6-too many missed tackles.
    7-wrs running bad routes(Edwards I am talking to you). Safety is up on option route, run over the top, not into the defender.
    8- bad play calling. Going for it on fourth down but not when we are down by a lot when a field goal wasnít going to help.
    9-only one inside the tackles blitz called
    10-morrow sucks at outside contain. If the de goes inside the tackle on a running play the lb on that side has outside contain. Nooope.
    11-running routes short of the markers.
    12-holding onto the dang ball.
    I agree with this. Carr gets criticized for fumbling the ball but thatís not all on him. The defense is getting to the QB.

Itís been a difficult year. Itís almost impossible to develop any cohesion as a team with the constant player turnover because of Covid. For whatever reason this seems to be hitting the Raiders offensive and defensive lines especially hard.

Itís no small irony that most of the teams leading division have the longest tenured coaching staff and organizational stability to mitigate this years challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Atlanta is a lot better than people think. The "bad play" wasn't the reason we lost. The turnovers cost us the game.
    Our O line is not the regular guys, so I allow some considerations. Hopefully they get back in there, and we get back to normal. Next week is the biggest game of the year. On the road, in NY, cold weather, east coast, and after an embarrassing loss. Let's se if they're up to it. A playoff team should win this game. If they don't then there's trouble in Vegas.
    Most teams oline isnít the normal guys right now. Before this game, I tempered my excitement on Carrís good games knowing that the oline was playing great. Carr doesnít perform well with pressure. Though, I just read that he just had a baby. That could have also caused some distraction.

I agree that this is a big game coming up. Mostly to see how much carr has improved this season. The cold weather thing is still a concern to me. Tough to win a SB if you canít win in the cold.

I agree with this. Carr gets criticized for fumbling the ball but thatís not all on him. The defense is getting to the QB.

Itís been a difficult year. Itís almost impossible to develop any cohesion as a team with the constant player turnover because of Covid. For whatever reason this seems to be hitting the Raiders offensive and defensive lines especially hard.

Itís no small irony that most of the teams leading division have the longest tenured coaching staff and organizational stability to mitigate this years challenges.

At least on of Carrís fumbles were with no defender touching him. His pocket awareness wasnít good and he nicked an OL in his throwing motion. While the oline didnít do great protecting carr... you canít expect great protection all the time. This is Carrís weakness. Hopefully, it was a one game issue. But it will be tough when you play tough defenses in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    At least on of Carrís fumbles were with no defender touching him. His pocket awareness wasnít good and he nicked an OL in his throwing motion. While the oline didnít do great protecting carr... you canít expect great protection all the time. This is Carrís weakness. Hopefully, it was a one game issue. But it will be tough when you play tough defenses in the playoffs.
    His pocket awareness was improving. That was one of the reasons why I was so encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Since the Bye Week:

24/36 284 2td 1int
    15/24 112 1td 0int 1 fumble (retained)
    13/23 165 2td 0int 1 fumble (lost)
    16/25 154 0td 0int
    23/31 275 3td 1int 3 lost fumbles

Looks like defenses have caught up to the Raiders offense. Can Gruden retool on the fly to keep it ahead of the league? Maybe, but maybe not.

It's irrelevant, ultimately. Derek Carr is fine, even after this trash game. The Raiders really need to improve defensively.
    Context is huge when you talk about qb play

Covid players out all week before Bucs game I donít care what anyone thinks we were impacted. Bucs were no1 D at time

Browns game was a hurricane no one had good stats canít include seriously

Chargers he played well and we ran the ball to win

Broncos same played well but we ran the ball to win

Chiefs played his best game ever outplayed Maholmes

Atlanta he shat the bed along with our entire franchise no excuses

See qb stats need context itís a team game

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    If itís such a weakness explain week 5 and 11 against Chiefs. Or do I need to post all the clips showing him moving in the pocket avoiding rushers and throwing dimes?

Every QB struggles when pressured effectively. Carr needs to learn Maholmes back peddle whilst throwing a 50 yard pass I guess for you

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    If itís such a weakness explain week 5 and 11 against Chiefs. Or do I need to post all the clips showing him moving in the pocket avoiding rushers and throwing dimes?

Every QB struggles when pressured effectively. Carr needs to learn Maholmes back peddle whilst throwing a 50 yard pass I guess for you
    Haha. Don't need to go to extremes. Iím not saying carr is horrible, or that he wasnít improving. But it is his weakness. It also looks like ball security is a problem in these instances.

And while he may have been better in those games, you need to look at more than just one game. You can find clips of good plays, just like there are many clips of the bad ones. Bottom line is what happens over the course of a season. And more importantly, in the playoffs.

Hopefully he was just distracted with his baby being born. But the jets game will help us understand how much heís improved, and specifically in cold weather.

His pocket awareness was improving. That was one of the reasons why I was so encouraged.

Carr now leads the NFL with 31 lost fumbles since he entered the league in 2014.1