Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 427 of 516 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 7726
    If we would if traded or released Carr how bad would it of hurt? Especially watching him play like this for say the Patriots whom I assure you would of probably picked him up. Glad we kept him

Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    If we would if traded or released Carr how bad would it of hurt? Especially watching him play like this for say the Patriots whom I assure you would of probably picked him up. Glad we kept him
    Believe it or not there were a handful of idiots who wanted him released. Most wanted him traded. Either way they were clueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Believe it or not there were a handful of idiots who wanted him released. Most wanted him traded. Either way they were clueless
    Iím cool with some fans not being enlightened enough to see the traits Carr displayed. If you see a player do it once like Carr did in 16 you have to give them credit they can do it again. The problem I had with some of the fans is the vitriolic hating frenzy. Questioning his masculinity and calling him scared was pathetic.

Glad thatís all over maybe they can come on here like Prox has and admit the error and in some cases apologise. It would be a class touch. I wonít hold my breath though. More chance theyíll wait until we lose next ( itís the NFL, we will) and carry on their pathetic hate vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Iím cool with some fans not being enlightened enough to see the traits Carr displayed. If you see a player do it once like Carr did in 16 you have to give them credit they can do it again. The problem I had with some of the fans is the vitriolic hating frenzy. Questioning his masculinity and calling him scared was pathetic.

Glad thatís all over maybe they can come on here like Prox has and admit the error and in some cases apologise. It would be a class touch. I wonít hold my breath though. More chance theyíll wait until we lose next ( itís the NFL, we will) and carry on their pathetic hate vendetta.
    The reason some of us hated him were valid. Throwing it short of the sticks on 3rd and 5, throwing it in the dirt on 4th down, etc.
    That being said, Im happy as a lark he's proving me wrong. I wanted him traded for a bag of potatoes. I hope he continues to make me look like an idiot....All the way to the Superbowl. Then I'll be one happy idiot 😊🍻

^ Put it this way: the Raiders can win a Superbowl with Derek Carr right now.

Good news? He's 29. He can play at this level for a few more years.

Bad news? The Raider offense, IMO, has about 3-5 years, maybe 2-4 after this season. Waller won't have his speed forever. Very few 'speedster' WR's last more than a few seasons. Very few RB's survive more than 3 seasons, i.e. Jacobs won't be great forever.

The Raiders NEED to improve their defense, and they need to do it NOW. No more "build" for the future: it's now or never after this season, IMO.

The Raiders are so close to being where they need to be. DT / FS are the glaring needs. A new DC would probably help get better results, at least for a season.

Yesterday proved without question wins is not a QB stat!

UP YOURS time to move on from Carr!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Yesterday proved without question wins is not a QB stat!
    There was nothing to prove. Wins have always and will always be a team stat
    Last edited by Switch; 11-23-2020 at 08:13 PM.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I agree. The Raiders didnít lose the game, they ran out of time.

Every thing that concerned me as a fan regarding Derek Carr-he has worked out. Yesterday I saw a competitor that made the big time throws. Had there not been three key drops. The Raiders get the win.

I am deep fat frying some crow for Thanksgiving and it tastes good. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well you finally came to your senses. I remember you wanting carr traded in the offseason at least yours man enough to own it. Now lets enjoy the rest of his career as a Raider.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAce View Post
    Well you finally came to your senses. I remember you wanting carr traded in the offseason at least yours man enough to own it. Now lets enjoy the rest of his career as a Raider.
    No need to remember. My position has been very clear through this thread.

I was very skeptical that Derek could come back after the 2017 season. I also had concerns that he wouldnít be able to play for Gruden.

I have seen those situations break QBís in the past.

Not only do I think Derek regained his position amongst the elite (He out played Mahomes last night). I think he established his bonafides as the long term answer at QB position and that he and Mahomes are about to make the AFC Western division the class of the NFL.

So yeah-I was way off point and am happy to admit it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 11-23-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Iíve been middle of the road the whole time, and continue even now. I would have liked to upgrade at QB and I still do. With Derek, you really need the oline to play well. Iím actually most impressed this season about how well the line has played even with all the injuries/covid/etc.

I also think a lot of the credit has to go to gruden. Gannon played like a goat after learning the system. Now carr is playing great with agholor as his #1 WR?

So while I think carr has long been undervalued. I think grudenís ability to make a good QB look great is also underestimated. And long term, I would like to see what gruden can do with a more mobile QB who is a little more talented than carr. We could have a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Iíve been middle of the road the whole time, and continue even now. I would have liked to upgrade at QB and I still do. With Derek, you really need the oline to play well. Iím actually most impressed this season about how well the line has played even with all the injuries/covid/etc.

I also think a lot of the credit has to go to gruden. Gannon played like a goat after learning the system. Now carr is playing great with agholor as his #1 WR?

So while I think carr has long been undervalued. I think grudenís ability to make a good QB look great is also underestimated. And long term, I would like to see what gruden can do with a more mobile QB who is a little more talented than carr. We could have a dynasty.
    Taking Gannon out of the equation, who would you say has been Gruden's best QB ever? I mean of the QBs that he's developed.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post

I agree, this improvement had really been a team effort. With Gruden and Carr, itís really a chicken or the egg situation. Gruden is calling the plays, but his system has never worked without a smart, vet QB. Carr had great success in 2016 but regressed massively and Gruden has helped him get rid of bad habits like being scared to throw downfield, being a check down king, and playing like heís hearing footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Taking Gannon out of the equation, who would you say has been Gruden's best QB ever? I mean of the QBs that he's developed.
    Oh yeah, and itís not even close. Gruden has really only produced 3 good QBs as HC: Gannon, Jeff Garcia for 2 years, and Carr, Carr being the only one that wasnít geriatric. After that, the very distant next best Gruden QB is Chris Simms in the season when he almost died after trying to play through a ruptured spleen and having emergency surgery to get it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    A blind dog can find a pork chop once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Yeah, hasnít has many great ones. But not sure that can be attributed to gruden. As we can see, his offense takes a little longer to understand. Not sure that part is a good thing. So Simms was getting to that point until the injury. But I also think that up until now- and even still now to a pint- we really know very little about his coaching effects on an offense or QB. There needs to be consistency to fully understand. As Brady/bill are proving this year, consistency is the key for NFL success.

Iím really excited to see what he can do next year with ruggs/Edwards getting a year of experience. Weíll need them to live up to the hype.