Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 190 of 239 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3578
    it will happen on March 18th.... a day of glory for the nation

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Bite your tongue man! See the game last night? I'd give 10 Carrs for that kid.
    Why would I bite my tongue? Until he does it in the NFL it means nothing to me. Many players have had great college seasons and went on to underachieve in the NFL, whether it be due to a lack of a supporting cast or the inability to handle the limelight. How many times have we seen sure fire and so called safe picks fail to meet expectations? More than I know I can count in my lifetime.

I give credit where credit is due though and Burrow just completed the greatest COLLEGE season ever, unfortunately that means nothing in terms of his future success in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Honestly Carr may "knock It Out" with another team. If he did, I would be livid.
    I doubt Carr would ever ďknock it outĒ with any team, but less talented QBs have won. If he ends up in a better situation with an organization that knows how to build a roster, it wouldnít be surprising to see him win at least to me.

If a team offers a first rounder for Carr you hurry and take that offer ASAP before they reconsider. Then you sign a veteran QB and use that asset to continue improving this horrible roster that we have on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    it will happen on March 18th.... a day of glory for the nation

Marc Wilson came close, but I have never hated a QB like I hate Derek Carr. Great arm, decent wheels, solid athlete... all rendered null by his chicken-**** mentality. His personal stat sheet comes before team victory. Would rather give up and lose the game, than give a receiver a 50/50 shot and sully his stats with a possible int, then defends his cowardice post game. A ***** QB flies in the face of everything Raiders. Cannot stand the sight of him any longer. If Gruden does nothing at QB this year, he can hit the road too, and my fandom will be shifted to college ball. Got one foot out the door already. Fight On USC.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Why would I bite my tongue? Until he does it in the NFL it means nothing to me. Many players have had great college seasons and went on to underachieve in the NFL, whether it be due to a lack of a supporting cast or the inability to handle the limelight. How many times have we seen sure fire and so called safe picks fail to meet expectations? More than I know I can count in my lifetime.

I give credit where credit is due though and Burrow just completed the greatest COLLEGE season ever, unfortunately that means nothing in terms of his future success in the NFL.
    Burrow has a mentality that Carr lacks. He's a leader, not a phony. Has pocket awareness. Not afraid to run. Allows plays to develop. Uses every bit of the field to buy time for his teammates. Throws DOWNFIELD. He's already better than DC by a country mile. He's going to the Bengals where his career will likely die, unfortunately, but he'd be a great Raider. Just my opinion though.

Marc Wilson came close, but I have never hated a QB like I hate Derek Carr. Great arm, decent wheels, solid athlete... all rendered null by his chicken-**** mentality. His personal stat sheet comes before team victory. Would rather give up and lose the game, than give a receiver a 50/50 shot and sully his stats with a possible int, then defends his cowardice post game. A ***** QB flies in the face of everything Raiders. Cannot stand the sight of him any longer. If Gruden does nothing at QB this year, he can hit the road too, and my fandom will be shifted to college ball. Got one foot out the door already. Fight On USC.
    I really disliked Marc Wilson

Burrow has a mentality that Carr lacks. He's a leader, not a phony. Has pocket awareness. Not afraid to run. Allows plays to develop. Uses every bit of the field to buy time for his teammates. Throws DOWNFIELD. He's already better than DC by a country mile. He's going to the Bengals where his career will likely die, unfortunately, but he'd be a great Raider. Just my opinion though.
    Why would his career die there, but not here? Sadly that organization has come considerably farther than us over the last 15 years. Not to mention if heís all you said, why would his career die period?

I think heís a great prospect, it remains to be seen if he will be a great player at the NFL level.

Have fun watching college football. You'll then get to ride the controversy at USC.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Have fun watching college football. You'll then get to ride the controversy at USC.
    Thanks.

It could very well happen. Did you see the article from Incognito? He has high praise for Carr. At this point, you don't know who to believe. I'm sure Mayock is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    It could very well happen. Did you see the article from Incognito? He has high praise for Carr. At this point, you don't know who to believe. I'm sure Mayock is looking.
    You always build a player up as much as possible before a trade. The more he seems "untradable" and like a guy you can bet your franchise on , the more compensation other teams are willing to give.

As much as Iíd like to see him moved, I can see Gruden keeping Carr around for another year to act as a meat shield.

Carr is a ready-made scape goat. If another guy comes in and fails, that blame will fall squarely on Gruden and his inability to progress his QBís.

Nothing will surprise me.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Nothing will surprise me.

-Stork
    The Raiders keep Carr and make the playoffs.

Iím guessing that would surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    The Raiders keep Carr and make the playoffs.

Iím guessing that would surprise you.
    Yeah, you got me there.

#jerseystrong

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

In the oft chance the Raiders keep Carr and make the playoffs does Gruden continue on with him?

Because in my opinion Gruden is intent on finding a different QB but it may not be a reality in the near future.