Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 195 of 281 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4208
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    They pick #5 and have 2 other picks to trade up if they so choose. Why trade a first for Carr when you can pick someone better for cheaper?
    I believe this is the last chance RM has to stay in the NFL. Does he want to bet his future on a rookie qb who tend to boom or bust? Or does he take the guy with 1 of 3 1st round picks that he already has a history with since he drafted him?

Dolphins are not gonna give us a 1st for Carr. He may be better than any QB in this draft, but even if so teams would prefer to take a chance on the unknown because of intrigue and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I donít understand what you mean? Has his performance not been above average? Thatís what led them to the playoffs after they had 3 straight winning seasons with below average QB play. This season Tannehill played above average and went 7-3 in his 10 starts. My point is that if you have a playoff roster you can still win despite average QB play. If you get anything above that you are sure to be a playoff team.

Thatís why itís important to build a good roster first and foremost then find a QB that can play at an above average level. Tannehill hasnít been great in the playoffs but he has limited turnovers and made plays when his team needed them. He has been able to do that because the Titans have all the other necessary pieces that allow him to go on the road and throw for less than 100 yards in back to back games and still win a playoff game. Had we made the playoffs and Carr threw for less than 100 yards the result would have been a blowout loss.

After Reggie gives a first for Carr does he offer Bears the other 2 first round picks for Mack. Laughable!

Wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    March 18th will be Carrs last day as a Raider.
    Riiiiight

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Dolphins are not gonna give us a 1st for Carr. He may be better than any QB in this draft, but even if so teams would prefer to take a chance on the unknown because of intrigue and potential.
    Bite your tongue man! See the game last night? I'd give 10 Carrs for that kid.

Honestly Carr may "knock It Out" with another team. If he did, I would be livid.

Who knows, we could get a first for him, stranger things have happened.

it will happen on March 18th.... a day of glory for the nation

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Bite your tongue man! See the game last night? I'd give 10 Carrs for that kid.
    Why would I bite my tongue? Until he does it in the NFL it means nothing to me. Many players have had great college seasons and went on to underachieve in the NFL, whether it be due to a lack of a supporting cast or the inability to handle the limelight. How many times have we seen sure fire and so called safe picks fail to meet expectations? More than I know I can count in my lifetime.

I give credit where credit is due though and Burrow just completed the greatest COLLEGE season ever, unfortunately that means nothing in terms of his future success in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Honestly Carr may "knock It Out" with another team. If he did, I would be livid.
    I doubt Carr would ever ďknock it outĒ with any team, but less talented QBs have won. If he ends up in a better situation with an organization that knows how to build a roster, it wouldnít be surprising to see him win at least to me.

If a team offers a first rounder for Carr you hurry and take that offer ASAP before they reconsider. Then you sign a veteran QB and use that asset to continue improving this horrible roster that we have on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    it will happen on March 18th.... a day of glory for the nation

Marc Wilson came close, but I have never hated a QB like I hate Derek Carr. Great arm, decent wheels, solid athlete... all rendered null by his chicken-**** mentality. His personal stat sheet comes before team victory. Would rather give up and lose the game, than give a receiver a 50/50 shot and sully his stats with a possible int, then defends his cowardice post game. A ***** QB flies in the face of everything Raiders. Cannot stand the sight of him any longer. If Gruden does nothing at QB this year, he can hit the road too, and my fandom will be shifted to college ball. Got one foot out the door already. Fight On USC.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Why would I bite my tongue? Until he does it in the NFL it means nothing to me. Many players have had great college seasons and went on to underachieve in the NFL, whether it be due to a lack of a supporting cast or the inability to handle the limelight. How many times have we seen sure fire and so called safe picks fail to meet expectations? More than I know I can count in my lifetime.

I give credit where credit is due though and Burrow just completed the greatest COLLEGE season ever, unfortunately that means nothing in terms of his future success in the NFL.
    Burrow has a mentality that Carr lacks. He's a leader, not a phony. Has pocket awareness. Not afraid to run. Allows plays to develop. Uses every bit of the field to buy time for his teammates. Throws DOWNFIELD. He's already better than DC by a country mile. He's going to the Bengals where his career will likely die, unfortunately, but he'd be a great Raider. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post

Marc Wilson came close, but I have never hated a QB like I hate Derek Carr. Great arm, decent wheels, solid athlete... all rendered null by his chicken-**** mentality. His personal stat sheet comes before team victory. Would rather give up and lose the game, than give a receiver a 50/50 shot and sully his stats with a possible int, then defends his cowardice post game. A ***** QB flies in the face of everything Raiders. Cannot stand the sight of him any longer. If Gruden does nothing at QB this year, he can hit the road too, and my fandom will be shifted to college ball. Got one foot out the door already. Fight On USC.
    I really disliked Marc Wilson