Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 139 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2972
  1. #2071
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Gruden made a below average QB (Gannon) and made him relevant. With that said, Gannon had Brown, Rice, Wheatley, Kaufman and others to work with. I still say Gannon is the most over rated Raiders qb.
    Gruden developed the offense. Gannon developed himself. You have to want to be successful by working at it. The receivers that he had still had to have the ball thrown to them on target.
    Did you ever see Gannon, Plunkett, or Stabler throw it away like Carr does, or go down as easy as he does?

  2. #2072
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Gruden developed the offense. Gannon developed himself. You have to want to be successful by working at it. The receivers that he had still had to have the ball thrown to them on target.
    Did you ever see Gannon, Plunkett, or Stabler throw it away like Carr does, or go down as easy as he does?
    Now that you mention it...I haven't seen that.

  3. #2073
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    I see DeShone Kiser has been promoted to #2.

  4. #2074
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I see DeShone Kiser has been promoted to #2.
    Just saw that this AM, let the auditions begin. If Carr is stinking it up on Sunday I expect to see Kizer. Itís time to see what options we have in house...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  5. #2075
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Just saw that this AM, let the auditions begin. If Carr is stinking it up on Sunday I expect to see Kizer. Itís time to see what options we have in house...
    I wouldn't mind seeing the change, however, when does Gruden determine it's time to put Kizer in?

  6. #2076
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing the change, however, when does Gruden determine it's time to put Kizer in?
    I think Carr is on a short rope. If Kizer can come in and energize the offense I think Derekís days are numbered.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2077
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Or, ya know...not quit.

    Would be an upgrade.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  8. #2078
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Or, ya know...not quit.

    Would be an upgrade.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would like to see how well a different QB other than Mike Glennon could play in the 2019 offense.

    The Raiders have a good offensive line-there are weapons that are not being utilized. The Raiders should be able to go to the bank with the running game they have.

    Yeah-I get the quitter part.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #2079
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,193
    We didnít get to see Kizer in the off season, we had Peterman and Glennon.

    Roll the dice and show me something different...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  10. #2080
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Lol, my wife tells me I can be a dog with a bone.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  11. #2081
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    Uh oh. Trent Brown is out. Brandon Parker will replace him. Stay warm Kizer.

  12. #2082
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    24
    Carr is the same as heís always been. Slightly above serviceable at worst and a pro bowler at best. Itís not his fault we have no reciever and a defense that is all backups and rookies. This is all on Gruden. He had a chance to bolster the receiving core and defense at the trade deadline but decided to roll with the jv guys probably due to our weak schedule. If we had brought in a decent wr and a linebacker and db via trade weíd prob be 7-5 right now and leading the charge for that last wild card spot behind buffalo. Hell we might have even beaten the chiefs and had been in position to win the division. Also benching Carr against the Jets clearly rattled his confidence and now heís so worried about pissing Gruden off itís got him all messed up. We are giving up 30+ a game and making every qb we play against look like a pro bowler. If let go Carr will just be another scapegoat for Gruden. We can be huge players in FA next offseason and build a powerhouse team rolling into Vegas or we can go full rebuild and roll the dice and have another losing season with some rookie who may never even reach Carrís status. I know which one Iíd go for. Carr needs another season so we can at least fill all our holes and then Get that Lawrence kid from Clemson lol.

  13. #2083
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlades44 View Post
    Carr is the same as heís always been. Slightly above serviceable at worst and a pro bowler at best. Itís not his fault we have no reciever and a defense that is all backups and rookies. This is all on Gruden. He had a chance to bolster the receiving core and defense at the trade deadline but decided to roll with the jv guys probably due to our weak schedule. If we had brought in a decent wr and a linebacker and db via trade weíd prob be 7-5 right now and leading the charge for that last wild card spot behind buffalo. Hell we might have even beaten the chiefs and had been in position to win the division. Also benching Carr against the Jets clearly rattled his confidence and now heís so worried about pissing Gruden off itís got him all messed up. We are giving up 30+ a game and making every qb we play against look like a pro bowler. If let go Carr will just be another scapegoat for Gruden. We can be huge players in FA next offseason and build a powerhouse team rolling into Vegas or we can go full rebuild and roll the dice and have another losing season with some rookie who may never even reach Carrís status. I know which one Iíd go for. Carr needs another season so we can at least fill all our holes and then Get that Lawrence kid from Clemson lol.
    The fact is, AB was supposed to be the receiver the Raiders needed.

  14. #2084
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlades44 View Post
    Carr is the same as heís always been. Slightly above serviceable at worst and a pro bowler at best. Itís not his fault we have no reciever and a defense that is all backups and rookies. This is all on Gruden. He had a chance to bolster the receiving core and defense at the trade deadline but decided to roll with the jv guys probably due to our weak schedule. If we had brought in a decent wr and a linebacker and db via trade weíd prob be 7-5 right now and leading the charge for that last wild card spot behind buffalo. Hell we might have even beaten the chiefs and had been in position to win the division. Also benching Carr against the Jets clearly rattled his confidence and now heís so worried about pissing Gruden off itís got him all messed up. We are giving up 30+ a game and making every qb we play against look like a pro bowler. If let go Carr will just be another scapegoat for Gruden. We can be huge players in FA next offseason and build a powerhouse team rolling into Vegas or we can go full rebuild and roll the dice and have another losing season with some rookie who may never even reach Carrís status. I know which one Iíd go for. Carr needs another season so we can at least fill all our holes and then Get that Lawrence kid from Clemson lol.
    Sorry....Another year won't work. That was last year's excuse. And if having a better receiver was the case, we still don't beat the Chiefs.

  15. #2085
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlades44 View Post
    Carr is the same as heís always been. Slightly above serviceable at worst and a pro bowler at best. Itís not his fault we have no reciever and a defense that is all backups and rookies. This is all on Gruden. He had a chance to bolster the receiving core and defense at the trade deadline but decided to roll with the jv guys probably due to our weak schedule. If we had brought in a decent wr and a linebacker and db via trade weíd prob be 7-5 right now and leading the charge for that last wild card spot behind buffalo. Hell we might have even beaten the chiefs and had been in position to win the division. Also benching Carr against the Jets clearly rattled his confidence and now heís so worried about pissing Gruden off itís got him all messed up. We are giving up 30+ a game and making every qb we play against look like a pro bowler. If let go Carr will just be another scapegoat for Gruden. We can be huge players in FA next offseason and build a powerhouse team rolling into Vegas or we can go full rebuild and roll the dice and have another losing season with some rookie who may never even reach Carrís status. I know which one Iíd go for. Carr needs another season so we can at least fill all our holes and then Get that Lawrence kid from Clemson lol.
    Itís not all on Gruden. Yes, the WR corps is below average but who is he going to get?

    Carr has plenty of weapons you do the best you can with what you have. Many QBís would long to play behind the Raiders offensive line and be handing off to Jacobs. He isnít executing.

    What is on Gruden is his failure to game plan around what the Raiders can do best offensively.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •