Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2972
    And...calling Gruden a QB guru is an overstatement. A gross overstatement.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork

Since Carr was his only QB, and it wasn't his choice. I'll reserve judgement. But I would bet Gruden hasn't been happy all season.

Don't worry men. Carr will lose the next few games. He'll be out the door. This time next year the Raiders will be coasting into the playoffs.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork

He has never successfully developed a young QB into a solid NFL starter. In fact he has swung and missed on a great many of them.

A couple more days before we get more sample size for this conversation (not sure if I am using that term correct lol). The arrow is definitely trending down, but as Vic Tafur wrote in his latest article; We are still not out of the playoff hunt.

That dude steals my arguments, because he also mentioned that KC kicks everyone *** in KC.

Saw someone tweet they think Andrew Luck to be our QB in Vegas somehow. Love Raiders fans we have suffered pure hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Saw someone tweet they think Andrew Luck to be our QB in Vegas somehow. Love Raiders fans we have suffered pure hell.
    i suggested that to my coworker two days ago...if healthy that would be great, but he did quit.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    i suggested that to my coworker two days ago...if healthy that would be great, but he did quit.
    Heís physically unable to continue. When the recovery process takes 2 weeks after each game, you canít practice and off season is always surgery and prolonged rehab itís time for the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Heís physically unable to continue. When the recovery process takes 2 weeks after each game, you canít practice and off season is always surgery and prolonged rehab itís time for the couch.
    yep, I've seen guys go down that path before. I think Fournette is heading down that road as well. Bum knees, too bad.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    yep, I've seen guys go down that path before. I think Fournette is heading down that road as well. Bum knees, too bad.
    Jacobs will be same in 3 years as heís taking a lot of punishment. and Abram if he doesnít learn to hit and wrap with better form. These guys need to play smarter

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    He has never successfully developed a young QB into a solid NFL starter. In fact he has swung and missed on a great many of them.

Gruden made a below average QB (Gannon) and made him relevant. With that said, Gannon had Brown, Rice, Wheatley, Kaufman and others to work with. I still say Gannon is the most over rated Raiders qb.
    Dogdaddy

Itís time to move on from Carr

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Gruden made a below average QB (Gannon) and made him relevant. With that said, Gannon had Brown, Rice, Wheatley, Kaufman and others to work with. I still say Gannon is the most over rated Raiders qb.
    I donít believe that he made Rich Gannon who he was as a Raider-he simply gave him the opportunity. Jerry Rice said it best when asked how he would rate Rich Gannon considering the other great QBís he has played with. Riceís response-ďI would put him up there with any of them.Ē Pretty heady praise from the GOAT.

My point was that Grudenís track record of developing young QBís is abysmal. Thatís why he has always has had to field veteran QBís to win.

I personally rate Gannon up there with Stabler. But thatís the fanboy in my reasoning.

Last edited by Proximo; 12-05-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I donít believe that he made Rich Gannon who he was as a Raider-he simply gave him the opportunity. Jerry Rice said it best when asked how he would rate Rich Gannon considering the other great QBís he has played with. Riceís response-ďI would put him up there with any of them.Ē Pretty heady praise from the GOAT.

My point was that Grudenís track record of developing young QBís is abysmal. Thatís why he has also had to field veterans to win.

I personally rate Gannon up there with Stabler. But thatís the fanboy in my reasoning.

My point Prox.. is that Gannon was a so-so QB that was a bottom 3rd starter or good back up his whole career and came to the Raiders and got pushed hard by Gruden and with the help from others, became an MVP type qb. I wish he didn't injure his neck because I would love to see what he had left in the tank. No doubt Gruden revived his career.

Gruden is dealing with a fragile QB right now that mechanically head and shoulders gifted better than Gannon ever wanted to be, but doesn't have the drive Gannon had. Time to move on unless Carr gets a burr up his arss and gets us to the playoffs...
    Dogdaddy

I remember Gannon in Minny and KC and I thought he was much better than so-so. He was always replaced by someone with a stronger arm who the coaches thought had more upside. Gruden needed an intelligent QB and he didnít care too much about arm strength. Gannon was a perfect fit.

Has Gruden ever developed ANYBODY at any position? Lol