Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 137 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2972
  1. #2041
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,193
    Thereís a huge disconnect between our QB, OC and most of the receiving core.

    What I donít see happening is receivers getting off route particularly when the D is in zone. Itís a common occurrence for receivers to look for the soft spot in zones and itís also a common occurrence for QBs to find them when they get there. I donít have the play book so I canít say for sure but it appears that Carr cannot or will not look for a receiver any where but where the play is scripted for.

    Why is there not one leg of the triad, and I mean any one of the three not screaming bloody murder about this?
    I am dumbfounded...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  2. #2042
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Perhaps your powers of perception arenít up to the task?

    Itís painfully obvious.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps.

    Perhaps its "painfully obvious" that using the term quitter is a crutch for someone who fell out of touch with the current state of the game. Biased label's off of vague instances are the best opinions they can come up with.

  3. #2043
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    Perhaps.

    Perhaps its "painfully obvious" that using the term quitter is a crutch for someone who fell out of touch with the current state of the game. Biased label's off of vague instances are the best opinions they can come up with.
    Iím most certainly out of touch with todayís game...but quitting is an age old concept that doesnít really alter its form. Nothing vague or biased about it. Itís fact. Throw the ball away on 4th and game? Quitter. Turn your back on the line after fumbling? Quitter.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  4. #2044
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Iím most certainly out of touch with todayís game...but quitting is an age old concept that doesnít really alter its form. Nothing vague or biased about it. Itís fact. Throw the ball away on 4th and game? Quitter. Turn your back on the line after fumbling? Quitter.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fourth down play you reference is below. Stupid? yes. Idiotic? yes. Bone-headed? Yes.

    But the reality of the situation is Kolton Miller was beaten right of the snap, flushing Carr. The RT was beat soon after barreling into his face. The entire time this was happening, as far as we see, no one is open. From snap to when the ball hits the ground (3-5 seconds) not a soul was open.

    No one on any side of the conversation confuses this guy with having athleticism to escape the pass rush ala Russell Wilson/Lamar Jackson.

    But the point is, where in the hell does the takeaway "Hes a quitter" happen? That, friend, is the bias I am talking about. I have no clue what this turning back to the line business is either.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...n-fourth-and-5
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 09:09 PM.

  5. #2045
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Hardly ever agree with Sanji but here's some good footage that supports my view on the quitter that is Derek "Huggies" Carr.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6tDkpnEBc&t=2s

  6. #2046
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    The fourth down play you reference is below. Stupid? yes. Idiotic? yes. Bone-headed? Yes.

    But the reality of the situation is Kolton Miller was beaten right of the snap, flushing Carr. The RT was beat soon after barreling into his face. The entire time this was happening, as far as we see, no one is open. From snap to when the ball hits the ground (3-5 seconds) not a soul was open.

    No one on any side of the conversation confuses this guy with having athleticism to escape the pass rush ala Russell Wilson/Lamar Jackson.

    But the point is, where in the hell does the takeaway "Hes a quitter" happen? That, friend, is the bias I am talking about. I have no clue what this turning back to the line business is either.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...n-fourth-and-5
    Game on the line, he threw the ball away. You canít see thatís quitting?

    Perhaps the bias is yours.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  7. #2047
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Hardly ever agree with Sanji but here's some good footage that supports my view on the quitter that is Derek "Huggies" Carr.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6tDkpnEBc&t=2s
    This Sanjit guy is hilarious. I feel like I am bordering on Carr homerism, and I want to re-iterate again that Carr's recent two weeks has turned my opinion on whether we should move forward with him.

    But that Sanjit needs to realize a few things

    1. Some plays are designed to need to develop off play action.
    2. Some plays that are scramble drill's, that while a player is open 30 yards down the field, there are quite few players in between that obscure vision.
    3. What the definition of "There are no pass rushers within 2-3 yards of him" means.

    Post Edit: Latter half of that video has some great displays of miscues. That Waller wheel route on the pick six is a good one.
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  8. #2048
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    This Sanjit guy is hilarious. I feel like I am bordering on Carr homerism, and I want to re-iterate again that Carr's recent two weeks has turned my opinion on whether we should move forward with him.

    But that Sanjit needs to realize a few things

    1. Some plays are designed to need to develop off play action.
    2. Some plays that are scramble drill's, that while a player is open 30 yards down the field, there are quite few players in between that obscure vision.
    3. What the definition of "There are no pass rushers within 2-3 yards of him" means.
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying BUT there are opportunities that are there for him to take advantage of and, of course, end up hurting us. He's thrown deep with success, he's ran the ball with success, he's extended plays before with success. Are those things happening now? No. It's hurting this team week in and out. When analysts were clamoring over his efficiency and him having his best year since 2016, I was actually laughing my *** off in disgust. He's a buster, a C student, unintelligent, and will never take this storied once-proud franchise to the promised land.

  9. #2049
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Game on the line, he threw the ball away. You canít see thatís quitting?

    Perhaps the bias is yours.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've stood up for this kid and really thought he would get back to his 2016 season... Especially in a "show Me" year. He has everything to lose this year....Annnnnnnd quit.!

    He is a good player and a better person, but he has not recovered from his broken leg. His progression is at an all time low.
    Dogdaddy

  10. #2050
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I've stood up for this kid and really thought he would get back to his 2016 season... Especially in a "show Me" year. He has everything to lose this year....Annnnnnnd quit.!

    He is a good player and a better person, but he has not recovered from his broken leg. His progression is at an all time low.
    I donít believe itís the broken leg that damaged his psyche. Itís the beating he took in the Redskins game during the 2017 season.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #2051
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Hardly ever agree with Sanji but here's some good footage that supports my view on the quitter that is Derek "Huggies" Carr.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6tDkpnEBc&t=2s
    I see it every game! I usually replay most of the downs to analyze the play and almost every time, an open receiver can be found. Carr is garbage!

  12. #2052
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I donít believe itís the broken leg that damaged his psyche. Itís the beating he took in the Redskins game during the 2017 season.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But still, the Redskins game was 2 years ago, you would think he had gotten over that.

  13. #2053
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    But still, the Redskins game was 2 years ago, you would think he had gotten over that.
    Oh-he most certainly should have gotten over it. Thatís part of the deal with his chosen profession.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2054
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,461
    My question with the QB position: if Gruden is a so called QB guru, why are we paying an average QB 25 million? Gruden should be able to get the same play out of most QBs if he is as good of a coach as they say.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #2055
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    My question with the QB position: if Gruden is a so called QB guru, why are we paying an average QB 25 million? Gruden should be able to get the same play out of most QBs if he is as good of a coach as they say.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Problem is that our BU's are not that good, and they're having trouble getting a quality replacement. Gruden won't bench him, especially if they want to trade him. Bad spot for Mayock and Gruden with the season going down the toilet.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •