Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2972
    Thereís a huge disconnect between our QB, OC and most of the receiving core.

What I donít see happening is receivers getting off route particularly when the D is in zone. Itís a common occurrence for receivers to look for the soft spot in zones and itís also a common occurrence for QBs to find them when they get there. I donít have the play book so I canít say for sure but it appears that Carr cannot or will not look for a receiver any where but where the play is scripted for.

Why is there not one leg of the triad, and I mean any one of the three not screaming bloody murder about this?
    I am dumbfounded...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Perhaps your powers of perception arenít up to the task?

Itís painfully obvious.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps.

Perhaps its "painfully obvious" that using the term quitter is a crutch for someone who fell out of touch with the current state of the game. Biased label's off of vague instances are the best opinions they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    Perhaps.

Perhaps its "painfully obvious" that using the term quitter is a crutch for someone who fell out of touch with the current state of the game. Biased label's off of vague instances are the best opinions they can come up with.
    Iím most certainly out of touch with todayís game...but quitting is an age old concept that doesnít really alter its form. Nothing vague or biased about it. Itís fact. Throw the ball away on 4th and game? Quitter. Turn your back on the line after fumbling? Quitter.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Iím most certainly out of touch with todayís game...but quitting is an age old concept that doesnít really alter its form. Nothing vague or biased about it. Itís fact. Throw the ball away on 4th and game? Quitter. Turn your back on the line after fumbling? Quitter.

-Stork

The fourth down play you reference is below. Stupid? yes. Idiotic? yes. Bone-headed? Yes.

But the reality of the situation is Kolton Miller was beaten right of the snap, flushing Carr. The RT was beat soon after barreling into his face. The entire time this was happening, as far as we see, no one is open. From snap to when the ball hits the ground (3-5 seconds) not a soul was open.

No one on any side of the conversation confuses this guy with having athleticism to escape the pass rush ala Russell Wilson/Lamar Jackson.

But the point is, where in the hell does the takeaway "Hes a quitter" happen? That, friend, is the bias I am talking about. I have no clue what this turning back to the line business is either.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...n-fourth-and-5
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Hardly ever agree with Sanji but here's some good footage that supports my view on the quitter that is Derek "Huggies" Carr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6tDkpnEBc&t=2s

The fourth down play you reference is below. Stupid? yes. Idiotic? yes. Bone-headed? Yes.

But the reality of the situation is Kolton Miller was beaten right of the snap, flushing Carr. The RT was beat soon after barreling into his face. The entire time this was happening, as far as we see, no one is open. From snap to when the ball hits the ground (3-5 seconds) not a soul was open.

No one on any side of the conversation confuses this guy with having athleticism to escape the pass rush ala Russell Wilson/Lamar Jackson.

But the point is, where in the hell does the takeaway "Hes a quitter" happen? That, friend, is the bias I am talking about. I have no clue what this turning back to the line business is either.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...n-fourth-and-5
    Game on the line, he threw the ball away. You canít see thatís quitting?

Perhaps the bias is yours.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    Hardly ever agree with Sanji but here's some good footage that supports my view on the quitter that is Derek "Huggies" Carr.

This Sanjit guy is hilarious. I feel like I am bordering on Carr homerism, and I want to re-iterate again that Carr's recent two weeks has turned my opinion on whether we should move forward with him.

But that Sanjit needs to realize a few things

1. Some plays are designed to need to develop off play action.
    2. Some plays that are scramble drill's, that while a player is open 30 yards down the field, there are quite few players in between that obscure vision.
    3. What the definition of "There are no pass rushers within 2-3 yards of him" means.

Post Edit: Latter half of that video has some great displays of miscues. That Waller wheel route on the pick six is a good one.
    Last edited by SteveZissou; 12-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.

This Sanjit guy is hilarious. I feel like I am bordering on Carr homerism, and I want to re-iterate again that Carr's recent two weeks has turned my opinion on whether we should move forward with him.

But that Sanjit needs to realize a few things

1. Some plays are designed to need to develop off play action.
    2. Some plays that are scramble drill's, that while a player is open 30 yards down the field, there are quite few players in between that obscure vision.
    3. What the definition of "There are no pass rushers within 2-3 yards of him" means.
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying BUT there are opportunities that are there for him to take advantage of and, of course, end up hurting us. He's thrown deep with success, he's ran the ball with success, he's extended plays before with success. Are those things happening now? No. It's hurting this team week in and out. When analysts were clamoring over his efficiency and him having his best year since 2016, I was actually laughing my *** off in disgust. He's a buster, a C student, unintelligent, and will never take this storied once-proud franchise to the promised land.

Game on the line, he threw the ball away. You canít see thatís quitting?

Perhaps the bias is yours.

-Stork

I've stood up for this kid and really thought he would get back to his 2016 season... Especially in a "show Me" year. He has everything to lose this year....Annnnnnnd quit.!

He is a good player and a better person, but he has not recovered from his broken leg. His progression is at an all time low.
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I've stood up for this kid and really thought he would get back to his 2016 season... Especially in a "show Me" year. He has everything to lose this year....Annnnnnnd quit.!

He is a good player and a better person, but he has not recovered from his broken leg. His progression is at an all time low.
    I donít believe itís the broken leg that damaged his psyche. Itís the beating he took in the Redskins game during the 2017 season.

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post

I see it every game! I usually replay most of the downs to analyze the play and almost every time, an open receiver can be found. Carr is garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I donít believe itís the broken leg that damaged his psyche. Itís the beating he took in the Redskins game during the 2017 season.

But still, the Redskins game was 2 years ago, you would think he had gotten over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    But still, the Redskins game was 2 years ago, you would think he had gotten over that.
    Oh-he most certainly should have gotten over it. Thatís part of the deal with his chosen profession.

My question with the QB position: if Gruden is a so called QB guru, why are we paying an average QB 25 million? Gruden should be able to get the same play out of most QBs if he is as good of a coach as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    My question with the QB position: if Gruden is a so called QB guru, why are we paying an average QB 25 million? Gruden should be able to get the same play out of most QBs if he is as good of a coach as they say.

Problem is that our BU's are not that good, and they're having trouble getting a quality replacement. Gruden won't bench him, especially if they want to trade him. Bad spot for Mayock and Gruden with the season going down the toilet.