Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 134 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2933
    This thread is always so much more fun after a Raiders loss.

Stork/Wolfe you guys are Raider fans from way back-doesnít Carr remind you of Marc Wilson? Comparable physical attributes-similar weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In as far as the lack of vision and inability to move in the pocket goes...yes.

But Carr is a phony, a quitter...a mealy mouthed twat. I have very little doubt that his teammates despise him.

I would not say that about Wilson, despite his disappointing career. However, I was a kid back then and was possibly naive.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Stork/Wolfe you guys are Raider fans from way back-doesnít Carr remind you of Marc Wilson? Comparable physical attributes-similar weaknesses.

Funny, I was comparing Wilson to Carr today...not sure the verdict, but I despised Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Funny, I was comparing Wilson to Carr today...not sure the verdict, but I despised Wilson.
    Jeff George is a painful acid trip comparrison to Carr in my opinion, at least when I have one of those flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    In as far as the lack of vision and inability to move in the pocket goes...yes.

But Carr is a phony, a quitter...a mealy mouthed twat. I have very little doubt that his teammates despise him.

I would not say that about Wilson, despite his disappointing career. However, I was a kid back then and was possibly naive.

-Stork

Wilson was tough-he took a beating and from what I read was respected by his teammates which is no small thing considering who he played with. I just remember the inconsistency and his meltdown in the 1985 divisional playoffs against New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Yeah-seems like the Raiders were chasing potential with both QBís.

Itís time to move on from Carr

Delete post
    Last edited by Proximo; 12-03-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Off topic

Should we do a wellness check on Switch???

I hope he is ok.

Wilson was tough-he took a beating and from what I read was respected by his teammates which is no small thing considering who he played with. I just remember the inconsistency and his meltdown in the 1985 divisional playoffs against New England.

He had to deal with a pretty good D line. But it was the fumbles in the 2nd half, including one by Marcus Allen that killed us.

Wilson had his moments, Carr has had his moments. He did add some level of frustration that is not dissimilar to what Carr provokes in me that is for sure, so yes...lack of a certain degree of creativeness and having to have all pieces line up. Wilson did try hard and he wasn't totally unwatchable.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    He had to deal with a pretty good D line. But it was the fumbles in the 2nd half, including one by Marcus Allen that killed us.
    Sam Seale-Iíll remember his botched kick off return as long as I live. That was the final nail in the coffin for the Raiders.

That game is the only game where I was 100% certain the Raiders would win. Been a pessimist ever since-lol...

Only good that came from that loss was Matt Millen punching out Billy Sullivan post game.

Trade carr to a bad team for draft picks.Look into acquiring cam newton from panthers.If asking oruce is too high then sign mariota or draft qb.

Trade carr to a bad team for draft picks.Look into acquiring cam newton from panthers.If asking price is too high then sign mariota or draft qb.

I know he is 35, But if we can move Carr for whatever.. I am not saying a first round pick is what we should expect... But maybe the Bears would be happy sending our 2nd back to us for him this year. I don't put this all on Carr though, I don't.

But, I did a little thinking. Alex Smith... That is what I came up with... Hopefully draft someone like Fromm, Hoping he falls... I doubt it, So Smith, He is 35.. He wants to play again.. He can start right away and fits Grudens system... He had the Redskins leading the division last year till he got hurt. Im not sure how much of a upgrade he is from Carr, But at least he is just seen as a bridge to a Rookie.

I dont want to hear Hurts, If you say Hurts then just block me. Or let me know so I can block you.