Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 508 of 516 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 7726
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Most in here are not NFL GMs or owners. That is not logic, it is fantasy.
    I think this whole debate depends on a few factors. But I think itís foolish to say itís fantasy. I would agree, that if Iím Seattle, Iíd want more than carr and the 17th pick. If the pick was top 10, Iíd be more inclined. So Iíd guess, carr, 17th pick and a 3rd rounder would get it done.

Really depends on how they see carr and how theyíll use the extra space. Wouldnít they be saving about $10 million in cap space? The trade really becomes carr, the 17th, (3rd rounder?) and the cap space for Wilson.

Right now, the cap space is a lot more valuable than many of us realize.

Most in here are not NFL GMs or owners. That is not logic, it is fantasy.
    It's not entirely beyond the pale. I mean no one thought we could get a 1st for Amari Cooper, but somehow we did.

A team desperate enough would toss in two 1st round picks for a decent starting QB like Carr. Mayock knows it, which is why he's out there talking up Carr in full throat. Not saying he aims to trade Carr, but if some team makes a crazy pitch for him, especially a pitch that gives the Raiders the assets to help get a Wilson or Watson, don't think for a second that Mayock and Gruden wouldn't move Carr in a heartbeat. Mark would draw and quarter them if they didn't.

Jay Gruden and Mike Mayock have both come out in support of the Gruden/Carr dynamic. Players are starting to speak up about how much they like Derek Carr.

It's over. Derek Carr starts for the Raiders in 2021.

How will he do if he has a top-20 defense supporting him? That's the critically important question.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Jay Gruden and Mike Mayock have both come out in support of the Gruden/Carr dynamic. Players are starting to speak up about how much they like Derek Carr.

It's over. Derek Carr starts for the Raiders in 2021.

How will he do if he has a top-20 defense supporting him? That's the critically important question.
    I missed it... what did the players say?

And with rumors linking us to these other QBs, Mike and Jon obviously need to endorse Carr. Donít think that really puts anything to rest.

I doubt we trade for any of these QBs, but I havenít seen anything to rule it out yet.

No one has stood up and said 'Carr's our guy, he'll be leading this team for the foreseeable future.' All thats been said is the same old song and dance we hear every year....the kind of tune meant to buoy trade value. You know, just in case.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    No one has stood up and said 'Carr's our guy, he'll be leading this team for the foreseeable future.' All thats been said is the same old song and dance we hear every year....the kind of tune meant to buoy trade value. You know, just in case.

-Stork
    To be fair, it would be malpractice if they werenít constantly trying to up their own players value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    To be fair, it would be malpractice if they werenít constantly trying to up their own players value.

Agreed. Thatís exactly why you canít read into what was said outside of contrasting it to what could have been said.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Agreed. Thatís exactly why you canít read into what was said outside of contrasting it to what could have been said.

-Stork
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

As if other GMs are stupid. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I don't expect any big splashes in FA. With Gabe and Trent gone, I'll bet #1 is an OL. The D will be another bargain basement shopping spree, unless someone falls into our lap. The last issue that I expected was holes on the Oline. If they don't bring back Richie I, that makes 3 starters gone. This is not an off season where we can focus on the D. We're back to square 1. They better have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It's not entirely beyond the pale. I mean no one thought we could get a 1st for Amari Cooper, but somehow we did.

A team desperate enough would toss in two 1st round picks for a decent starting QB like Carr. Mayock knows it, which is why he's out there talking up Carr in full throat. Not saying he aims to trade Carr, but if some team makes a crazy pitch for him, especially a pitch that gives the Raiders the assets to help get a Wilson or Watson, don't think for a second that Mayock and Gruden wouldn't move Carr in a heartbeat. Mark would draw and quarter them if they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think this whole debate depends on a few factors. But I think itís foolish to say itís fantasy. I would agree, that if Iím Seattle, Iíd want more than carr and the 17th pick. If the pick was top 10, Iíd be more inclined. So Iíd guess, carr, 17th pick and a 3rd rounder would get it done.

Really depends on how they see carr and how theyíll use the extra space. Wouldnít they be saving about $10 million in cap space? The trade really becomes carr, the 17th, (3rd rounder?) and the cap space for Wilson.

Right now, the cap space is a lot more valuable than many of us realize.
    My stance is misinterpreted I think. I do not think it is fantasy that Carr can/may be traded, that is in the realm of possibility. What I think is fantasy is that Seattle would trade a top 5 QB worth a number of first round picks for Carr and one first round pick and saying "Oh, those guys on PSD think he is worth A MINIMUM two 1st rounders, so let's call that 1st round pick and the cap relief great." I am sorry, I just don't see it. Sure it too is possible, anything is. I believe in ETs, but I have never seen one in person.

Also, I agree with Stork, FarOutIos, and Kobe here.

And with rumors linking us to these other QBs, Mike and Jon obviously need to endorse Carr. Donít think that really puts anything to rest.

I doubt we trade for any of these QBs, but I havenít seen anything to rule it out yet. <-- FarOutIos

-Stork

To be fair, it would be malpractice if they werenít constantly trying to up their own players value. <--Kobe
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 03-04-2021 at 01:25 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I don't expect any big splashes in FA. With Gabe and Trent gone, I'll bet #1 is an OL. The D will be another bargain basement shopping spree, unless someone falls into our lap. The last issue that I expected was holes on the Oline. If they don't bring back Richie I, that makes 3 starters gone. This is not an off season where we can focus on the D. We're back to square 1. They better have a plan.
    This is a very deep draft at o line so I could see us going tucker,slater,darrisaw,davis,in the 1st and defense the rest of the way and I wouldn't be mad.

Load up on defense in free agency,trey hendrickson,ingram von,leonard williams,suh,tomlinson,we need ballers on this d line.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama

Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

I'm still very much in favor of drafting Jamie Newman in this draft. He's the most accurate deep-ball thrower in the 2021 draft which includes Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance.

If you work with Newman for 2-3 years, he'll be primed to take over for Carr and give the Raiders a decade of success.

(IMO, lol)

My stance is misinterpreted I think. I do not think it is fantasy that Carr can/may be traded, that is in the realm of possibility. What I think is fantasy is that Seattle would trade a top 5 QB worth a number of first round picks for Carr and one first round pick and saying "Oh, those guys on PSD think he is worth A MINIMUM two 1st rounders, so let's call that 1st round pick and the cap relief great." I am sorry, I just don't see it. Sure it too is possible, anything is. I believe in ETs, but I have never seen one in person.

Also, I agree with Stork, FarOutIos, and Kobe here.

I doubt we trade for any of these QBs, but I havenít seen anything to rule it out yet. <-- FarOutIos

-Stork

To be fair, it would be malpractice if they werenít constantly trying to up their own players value. <--Kobe
    Using the term fantasy implies that you think there is no chance it happens. I agree that itís unlikely, but you canít say fantasy. It actually is reasonable to say carr and a first- if you assume the part of them being willing to part with Wilson for three firsts. For me, I think theyíd ask for a little more.

But, I have no idea what they want. None of us do. And no idea of what they think carr is worth. But... if we take the Wilson for three firsts to be true, and Carr is worth two firsts (not a stretch), then it really isnít fantasy. Unlikely, yes. Fantasy no.

Oh... a d just read the player endorsements for carr, or at least one of them. Waller said he believes in carr. There was a reference saying of Ingold having a similar statement. Nice to see those, but I think Iíd really want to hear agholors view. Maybe a couple comments from other positions.